Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Uh oh

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 02:26 PM
icer5160

Received 441 Likes on 336 Posts

8k is a bit steep in my opinion after seeing the interior (frost + heavy wear). I would have expected the dealer to have the interior detailed/cleaned by a professional at the very least. You mentioned it's a 2006? Keep a close eye on your oil level as the RevUps are prone to oil consumption (I own an 06 and love it btw, so don't let this scare you). Also, I noticed in the picture of the VIN sticker in the door jam, there's some over-spray or touch-up paint on the edges of the stickers, it's hard to tell with the poor lighting, it could just be dirt, but it is suspicious. Based on what I'm seeing, it looks like the vehicle may have been in an accident, possibly a serious one if they needed to blend paint into the door jam. Not the best news to hear, but you asked for honest opinions. I would check body lines around the driver's side (these should be consistent & even), also take a careful look at the paint and search for noticeable changes in the texture from one panel to the next.

Sadly I don't think there's much you can do with the dealer at this point. They can tell you to go pound sand, they aren't legally obligated to help you out. Even if they gave you a clean carfax and misrepresented the trim level or condition of the vehicle, they can simply claim they didn't know or all sales are final. Still better to know about potential problems now vs. later, this way you can decide if you want to take them on (fix them), ignore/live with them, or cut your losses and sell the vehicle.
-Icer
Old 12-10-2019, 04:58 PM
SenpaiNodusMe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by icer5160
8k is a bit steep in my opinion after seeing the interior (frost + heavy wear). I would have expected the dealer to have the interior detailed/cleaned by a professional at the very least. You mentioned it's a 2006? Keep a close eye on your oil level as the RevUps are prone to oil consumption (I own an 06 and love it btw, so don't let this scare you). Also, I noticed in the picture of the VIN sticker in the door jam, there's some over-spray or touch-up paint on the edges of the stickers, it's hard to tell with the poor lighting, it could just be dirt, but it is suspicious. Based on what I'm seeing, it looks like the vehicle may have been in an accident, possibly a serious one if they needed to blend paint into the door jam. Not the best news to hear, but you asked for honest opinions. I would check body lines around the driver's side (these should be consistent & even), also take a careful look at the paint and search for noticeable changes in the texture from one panel to the next.

Sadly I don't think there's much you can do with the dealer at this point. They can tell you to go pound sand, they aren't legally obligated to help you out. Even if they gave you a clean carfax and misrepresented the trim level or condition of the vehicle, they can simply claim they didn't know or all sales are final. Still better to know about potential problems now vs. later, this way you can decide if you want to take them on (fix them), ignore/live with them, or cut your losses and sell the vehicle.
-Icer
Hello!

Thank you for the response, The clicking went away when I changed the oil. I was at about 2 and a half quarts and it hasn't clicked sine then.

No issues with the car, I got it inspected by a mechanic and he said the only real issue is the power steering pump rack and pinion is a bit damaged and leaking a tiny bit of fluid.

As for it being in an accident, the carfax didn't list it nor did the dealership. Only a theft was reported and nothing happened during that time or rather nothing pertaining an accident anyways.

Quick question, If they sold me a car with TPS light on and they didn't put the sensors in the car am I able to go back and have them put some in? I'd think that would be selfish on my part if I tried because they sold the vehicle as is but I have an engine and transmission warranty.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:18 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,305 Likes on 905 Posts

Originally Posted by SenpaiNodusMe
Quick question, If they sold me a car with TPS light on and they didn't put the sensors in the car am I able to go back and have them put some in? I'd think that would be selfish on my part if I tried because they sold the vehicle as is but I have an engine and transmission warranty.
Quick answer: NO. If you have a engine/tranny warranty, that won't include any tire pressure sensors. Once you bought this used car 'as is', you accepted it.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:57 AM
SenpaiNodusMe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmura
Quick answer: NO. If you have a engine/tranny warranty, that won't include any tire pressure sensors. Once you bought this used car 'as is', you accepted it.
Darn! I’ll make sure to remember for future me.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:08 AM
bad boyz

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

You probably can take your car to a reputable tire store and have them replace around $40.00 a piece best to buy all four at this point they'll have to calibrate them all for you,or better yet if seeing the yellow led light doesn't bother you being on just get you a good tire gauge and check your tire pressure at different intervals and spend the money else where MHO!