Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Solid LCA bushings on the street?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 04:21 PM
Bmsluite

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Solid LCA bushings on the street?

I couldn't get in the inmer lower control arm bushings and didn't even try to attempt the LCA shock mount bushing. Megan racing bushing (rubber 150% harder than stock) would just not go in straight.

Anywho, have any of you guys run these on the street? I like that they allow flex. I also dont want to blow out anything hitting a pothole. I figure the lower shock one would be ok since the rear shock is solid mounted.

What do you think? Good idea? Bad idea?

Old 04-06-2020, 10:27 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,325 Likes on 1,674 Posts

Compression arm I would go solid. Then the LCA , do either urathane on the shock mount and solid inner or urathane for the whole LCA. I've done this on customers cars, my car has full solid and my moms g has whiteline compression arm bushings I do not recomend after installing them.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:12 PM
Bmsluite

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Compression arm I would go solid. Then the LCA , do either urathane on the shock mount and solid inner or urathane for the whole LCA. I've done this on customers cars, my car has full solid and my moms g has whiteline compression arm bushings I do not recomend after installing them.
I'm sorry, I am slightly confused on what you are advising me to do. I already went OEM for the compression arm bushing as I didnt know until yesterday they made a solid, free movement one until yesterday. I didn't want to put poly there because it looks like that bushing needs to flex, A LOT.

The top shock mount is OEM. Are yiu saying the lower shock mount to go poly instead of solid? Why do you say that?

Another question for you: does that inner LCA bushing need to flex? If so why do people put poly in there? I feel the solid would be better since it at least allow the geometry of the arm to move as designed
Old 04-07-2020, 02:31 PM
rustyschopshop

Received 374 Likes on 280 Posts

They don't need to flex only pivot
Old 04-07-2020, 02:49 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,325 Likes on 1,674 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmsluite
I'm sorry, I am slightly confused on what you are advising me to do. I already went OEM for the compression arm bushing as I didnt know until yesterday they made a solid, free movement one until yesterday. I didn't want to put poly there because it looks like that bushing needs to flex, A LOT.

The top shock mount is OEM. Are yiu saying the lower shock mount to go poly instead of solid? Why do you say that?

Another question for you: does that inner LCA bushing need to flex? If so why do people put poly in there? I feel the solid would be better since it at least allow the geometry of the arm to move as designed
inner Lca and lower shock mount require minimal flex, poly works well. I like solid for the inter and poly on the shock. My car is solid everywhere, the LCA Free floats and makes a ton of noise do to the swaybar endlink offset cause the arm to move. A poly shock mount stops that and adds minimal stiction.
The following users liked this post:
rustyschopshop (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 04:19 PM
Bmsluite

Originally Posted by terrasmak
inner Lca and lower shock mount require minimal flex, poly works well. I like solid for the inter and poly on the shock. My car is solid everywhere, the LCA Free floats and makes a ton of noise do to the swaybar endlink offset cause the arm to move. A poly shock mount stops that and adds minimal stiction.
Gotcha, thanks for the clarification