Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

ADVISE NEEDED: 350z purchase

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 01:36 PM
Blackwind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ADVISE NEEDED: 350z purchase

I've waited patiently and have done a plethora of research on this board and others. I’ve talked to friends time and time again. My girlfriend has already bought a Silver Touring Roadster and I have still waited to make sure I get exactly what I want. Here’s my predicament.

I intend on purchasing as much as I can aftermarket such as wheels, brakes, tail, etc. I’m trying to take the advise of several friends here in Dallas on what to get and not to get, what is worth getting factory and what is worth simply getting after market. Presently my plan is to get the Enthusiast. My main objective with this is to get the Factory xeon headlights. This has been recommended by many people and friends far more familiar with aftermarket parts for Nissan then I, namely Damon Serkland for one.

I’d like to get some feed back from you guys as to what you found worthy acquired factory rather then going through the trouble of aftermarket purchase and install. Main projects if I purchase the Enthusiast:

18” wheels and tires
Brakes
HUD – main objective is a GPS system
Front and rear spoilers and tail

Thanks in advance...

Johnny
Old 02-25-2004, 02:16 PM
toykilla

i almost went with an enthusiast but decided to get a performance model instead.. main reason being the VDC. Now that I have it, I could not live without it.. It helps tons in the rain and bad weather. I cant speak for the enthusiasts traction control though.
Old 02-25-2004, 02:16 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your spot on with the Enthusiast imo. It is most bang for buck and includes TSC & LSD. Visit Nissan site for all stuff it includes.
Old 02-25-2004, 02:52 PM
Blackwind

Anyone that can shed some light on the difference between VDC and TSC? Trophy Nissan actually has one available now.

Almost everything exactly as I want it, Daytona Blue....add a few items. MSRP 30,340. Plan on paying a little less...maybe 29,500?

Last edited by Blackwind; 02-25-2004 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-25-2004, 03:09 PM
Melissa

Originally posted by Blackwind
Anyone that can shed some light on the difference between VDC and TSC? Trophy Nissan actually has one available now.

Almost everything exactly as I want it, Daytona Blue....add a few items. MSRP 30,340. Plan on paying a little less...maybe 29,500?
differance between the vdc and traction control is the tcs just controls slippage from the rear.....where the vdc cuts engine power and applies breaks to which ever side it needs to to keep the vehicle from loosing control.....

little more involed then that...but just trying to keep it simple

as far as price? look at the post in the thread that asks about locating a z at another dealership.....i have 10 pages listed out of nissans actual DEALER locator for every z enthusist 6mt on the east coast.....they arent in your area but it will show you the msrp and invoice price for a z equiped the way you want....300 over invoice is fair to you and the dealership......

on equiped with a 30340 sticker has probobly 2400 from sticker to invoice....so a fair price for all involved would be about 28450

or somewhere close to that

im not saying if they dont go down to that price not to buy....i dont know what dealers in texas will do off the sticker...but most dealers will do the numbers i stated

if they dont and you want to come to va ill sell you one for 300 over invoice if i have it in stock
Old 02-25-2004, 04:10 PM
JST4FN

I was going to buy a enthusiast model until I drove a touring. I like the leather and heated seats, plus the Bose system sounds pretty good with CD's. I also wanted the 18's too. I'm not sure of your age but if you plan on changing wheels,seats, stereo and so forth the enthusiast is the best option to me.
Thanks Mike
Old 02-25-2004, 04:16 PM
Blackwind

Originally posted by JST4FN
I was going to buy a enthusiast model until I drove a touring. I like the leather and heated seats, plus the Bose system sounds pretty good with CD's. I also wanted the 18's too. I'm not sure of your age but if you plan on changing wheels,seats, stereo and so forth the enthusiast is the best option to me.
Thanks Mike
I like leather and heated seats. It would be awesome if they were available in a Enthusiast....or an aftermarket option. (not aware of heated seats after market at present)

Not sure where age factors in at but I'm 32. My girlfriend has the leather and the Bose system in her roadster....hate the Bose unfortuantly.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:38 PM
NzZ

Default Just the way I see it but...

If you're gonna pop $29k for an enthusiast...or $30k for a perf
you can get a touring for around $31-32 new. For only $2-3k more you get SO much equipment. The Z just doesn't look good with cloth seats, and leather opens up the option of the frost interior which looks great.

As for the headlamps, I remember reading a review somewhere that the stock halogens were almost as powerful as the xenons. (i think it was a daniel heraud review on carpoint.com). Just food for thought.

I know everyone says the Enthusiast is the best value, but...I think the touring gives ya a lot for the dough.

NzZ
Old 02-25-2004, 06:02 PM
Blackwind

And this is why I had to ask....to get other opinions on your likes and dislikes prior to my purchase.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:30 PM
NeoTetsuo

So the touring has everything like the nav system?
Old 02-25-2004, 07:46 PM
NzZ

No touring doesn't have the nav - you can get it if so desired...but I think most people refrain b/c it's a little $$$. I dunno, I think if you're spending $15k on a budget car then it makes sense to save by foregoing options...but for me the Z is pretty much a dream car - so I wasn't stingy over the extra $2-4k over other models to get the touring.

Man am I glad I did...the power heated seats are awesome...and I've always loved the look of leather (just adds class in my opinion). VDC/TCS/LSD are also great to have. The bose is def not an amazing stereo, but you do get a sub a 6cd changer and substantially better sound quality than the base system.

NzZ
Old 02-25-2004, 08:01 PM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the touring with everything except the GPS... too much $$$ I think. Glad I got the touring, haven't changed much. If anything, don't do it for the BOSE, not worth it. The leather seats are GREAT.