Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Need Advice for an American with a Speeding Ticket in the UK

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2023, 02:51 AM
NataileJackson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice for an American with a Speeding Ticket in the UK

I recently traveled to England and utilized a rental car (currently back in the United States). I was issued a speeding ticket, which was sent to the rental company, and they subsequently scanned and emailed it to me. After verifying the images to confirm it was indeed my vehicle, I reached out to the authorities directly via email to address the situation and intend to pay the ticket. On a hypothetical note, what could be the potential repercussions if I chose not to pay the ticket? How might multiple unpaid speeding tickets affect the situation? Access NJMCDirect, search for ticket by license plate nj & pagar ticket online nj en espaņo by the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission all available in en espaņol with easy login options

Last edited by NataileJackson; 12-08-2023 at 09:55 PM.
Old 12-07-2023, 02:15 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,304 Likes on 904 Posts

More than likely, the rental car company will pay it, and then charge you back (along with a host of other fees). Multiple unpaid tickets might put you on a list that have the bobbies knocking you about, mate!
Old 12-15-2023, 02:37 PM
icer5160

Received 440 Likes on 335 Posts

I was recently in the Netherlands on business. European and specifically EU countries love their automation. They have traffic cameras everywhere and will not hesitate to automatically issue a speeding citation. Luckily for me, my colleagues informed me of this before I saddled up in my Opel Crossland rental (3 cylinder turbo of fury....j/k...it was total sadness).

On a side note, I got to visit Nurburgring over the weekend during my two week stay (about a 4hr drive from Amsterdam). West Germany is beautiful in October. If you ever get a chance to experience the ring, don't pass it up!

As for your ticket, I would just pay it and be done. They may have a system in place for checking your Passport number or US issued DL number for any previous or outstanding citations. In the event you travel there again and need a rental, this might cause a problem.
Cheers!
-Icer