Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

WARNING: United Nissan of Morrow,GA (Not Recommended)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2002, 05:00 AM
sammythebull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING: United Nissan of Morrow,GA (Not Recommended)

All members:

For those members that are still considering purchasing a 350Z and live in the Atlanta Metro area... may I suggest NOT to purchase from United Nissan of Morrow,GA.

My intention is never to slander or talk bad about any dealer, but simply to inform other of my dissatisfaction and hopefully prevent others from going through the same.

Now I know we all have had the same lack of communication from Nissan and our dealers, but the service from United Nissan of Morrow,GA is unacceptable.

After getting my VIN# and tentative delivery date (October 10 - 14) about a month ago, the dealer has yet to return any of my calls. The only way that I can talk to the sales rep is either to constantly call him and hope to catch him picking up the phone--or to talk to the Manager of the dealership (who then somehow seems to locate the sales manager that I am dealing with).

The questions and concerns that I have asked don't seem unreasonable:
1. Any update on delivery (as I currently have a lease and need to give Acura a 30 day notice).
2. Any information on financing via Nissan North America?
3. Dealer said there is a preferred auto detailer/window tintler across the street. Sales Rep won't give his name/number (and Morrow,Ga is about 20 miles South of Atlanta) so I have no idea what the price (and/or how much dealer will mark up tint job).

This is the same dealer that stated, "We're gonna be the Z Store of the South. We're gonna to send all our preorder customers little Z trinkets each month to build your enthusiams." It's nice to know that I've only gotten one "package" from them (after I called Nissan Consumer Affairs to complain about lack of communication) and that was the Z Book and a Z Hat.

The dealer was also not thrilled about my request to not put on the front license plate holder (GA doesn't require it) and to not put any "United Nissan" crap on the car (no way in heck I'll advertise for him).

Needless to say I will never purchase again from this dealer... I will never bring my car to them for service (Team Nissan of Marietta is about 2 miles from me--but they continue to mark up the prices)... and if surveyed from Nissan North America I will have no other option but to give this dealer an "F" for failing.

Bottom Line... I don't wish the experience that I had with United Nissan of Morrow, GA on anyone else... even my worse enemy.

Here is their website... incase you also ordered from them any have the same issues and/or you were considering to use them.

CAUTION: PURCHASE AT YOUR OWN RISK

http://www.unitednissanatlanta.com/f_index.html?noc=1

Anyone else have similar problems with this dealer?

Maybe someone that gives a damn about customer service from Nissan North America is reading this post and actually cares about Customer Service and Customer Loyalty.

Regards,
Sam
350z Black Touring
Ordered in January (#1 PreOrder per dealer)
Delivery in October
Old 09-22-2002, 05:36 AM
darkflyZ

Sammythebull, I share your pain. I too have not received good customer care from United. I believe I was the first to order when they started taking preorders in January. I received no feedback until August. Sent the cap and the book: the story of the new Z, after cars started to be delivered to other dealerships in August.

I have called and returning telephone calls don’t seem to be high on the priority list. The only way to get information is to stop by and ask for the new car sales manager (who doesn’t come in until after 12 noon and of course no one else can help). I live 3 miles from the dealer ship. I still don’t have a VIN; received order # in August.

I stopped by yesterday and was shown a printout from NNA showing that the car is due in November. Five cars were on the list, 3 with VINs due for delivery in October. Of course, I was last on the list with no VIN. Several weeks ago the new car sales manager tried to convince me that the cars were being produced by color and my color was one of the last to be produced. This was after he tried to tell me I was last on the list because I ordered last. What a crock! Yesterday, he told me my car has a November due date because it is being produced in October; another crock.

My order number is T307XXX and from what I've read in this forum, that order number was placed around the end of April not January. Aside from poor customer care, I genuinely believe the problem is lack of product and process knowledge.

NNA dealership complaint line is 800.647.7261 (option 0). I too would not recommend United Nissan of Morrow, GA.
Old 09-22-2002, 06:01 AM
jtree007
Charter Member #53

Sorry to hear that guys... I have been working with performance and I am extreamly happy with the service.. You might look to them for servicing your car after you receve the car if they are a reasonable distance from you and you don't feel comfortable bringing your Z in to United. Bill Newton Is also pretty good but not worked wit them too much personally but My best friend has used them to take care of his new Altima.
Old 09-22-2002, 06:01 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Not to beat a dead horse, but I think we have a pattern here, my experience was similar if not worse at Palm Nissan , which happens to be a United Auto affiliate here in Florida, I think this lack of customer support is due in part to the being a part of a big corporation which takes away any personal dealing and has them more focused on sales than customer support.
Old 09-22-2002, 06:34 AM
sammythebull

Default Purpose of this post...

Thanks all for your feedback.

Again, my purpose was not to say, "Don't go to this dealer!" but simply to inform and express my dissatisfaction with this dealership.

I've even called Nissan Consumer Affairs and asked if they can transfer my purchase to Bill Newton or one of the other, more positive dealerships.

Nissan Consumer Affairs stated that it is up to the dealer.

When I finally (after about 20 calls) got a hold of the dealership I was almost threatened that (and this is a quote):

"If you are that dissatisfied with our service that we have provided to you, then maybe we should just go ahead and cancel the order and you can reorder through another Atlanta Nissan Dealer."

All heck almost broke loose to when I told United Nissan of Morrow, GA that I had gone through my Credit Union to get financing (5.49% -- they matched PeopleFirst.com and I didn't have to deal with all the negative feedback from PF). The sales rep (again the one who never calls back) said that Nissan would probably be able to offer below 5% for me in October. I asked the sales rep if he got any type of kick back for having me go through NNA to finance and I was told no. Regardless, this dealer is horrible and I wouldn't give another red cent.

The chances of me doing ANY future business after I receive my car from United Nissan of Morrow, Ga is just about the same as some poor sap that is willing to pay $2000 extra to Team Nissan of Marietta for thier, "Audiovox DVD (non navigation)" option in their Touring Brickyard/Frost 350z that has been sitting on thier lot for a week.

My only wish is that someone either from NNA or someone with some sort of power from United Nissan reads these posts and makes some proactive actions to fix this dealership.

I wouldn't buy a spare tire from United Nissan of Morrow,GA--the so called, "Z Dealership of the South."

Regards,
Sam
Old 09-22-2002, 06:53 AM
DrDrilZ

hey, they still seem a step ABOVE team nissan in marietta. i wonder why they cant sell any of their z's?
Old 09-22-2002, 08:08 AM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Once again, I'll throw out the idea to the admins/mods on the forum... how about we create a specific section to talk about good/bad dealerships??? I'd also recommend creating sub-categories for specific states or regions.

The purchasing process is very important to the overall pleasure of owning a car (2nd only to the relationship you have with your service dept.). Having good/bad reviews posted in one location would be a very efficient way for owners to mine data and see which dealerships are worth bringing their car and/or money to.
Old 09-22-2002, 09:17 AM
darkflyZ

I believe that's a fantastic idea!
Old 09-22-2002, 09:56 AM
mikeinatlanta

I also live near this dealership. It took me about 10 minutes to decide I would never buy a car from them. This is one of those places that refuses to tell you the price of the car, they only want to tell you how much your payment is going to be. I would pay more to shop elsewhere.
Old 09-22-2002, 03:29 PM
sammythebull

Default I agree...

I agree 100% from NSANY...

Why not let other members who have/have not purchased their 350Z yet learn from our good stories and/or horror stories.

I think everyone will appreciate them.

Perhaps Nissan North America (do they actually read this forum?) could actually make some proactive steps to increase customer satisfaction.

If it weren't for the Z, my sales experience alone from United Nissan of Morrow,GA would alone prevent me from EVER purchasing a Nissan/Infiniti product in the future.

Regards,
Sam
Old 09-22-2002, 06:58 PM
sammythebull

Default Preorder vs. When Sent to Nissan

I was told I was the first preorder... I ordered in mid-January.

My deposit check was not cashed for several months (I had to call the dealership several times as to find out why the check never was cashed/deposited).

I was then told that they were waiting on more deposits/pre-orders as it looked better to Nissan North America if they sent in several cars at once (this way Nissan may build their cars faster and/or give them a better alotment later).

I never bought that story... but if you do I've got some great swamp land in Florida to sell ya.

Regards,
Sam

-- Counting the minutes until I get my Z and can finally end my relationship with United Nissan of Morrow, GA.
Old 09-23-2002, 09:51 AM
sammythebull

Default Dealer is upset...

Happened to catch the Sales Manager at this desk about 5 minutes ago.

It seems that they read this message board and are a little (to say the least) upset that some of the people that have purchased from United Nissan of Morrow,GA do not think that the dealership has done a GREAT JOB.

Sales Manager stated:

" I can't belive after all the help and the nice package (Book and Hat) that we sent to you that you would talk badly about us on the website."

My reply:

" It seems that there is more than one person (several) that seem to agree with me point of view (if I had posted on website) that the service provided was not the best."

I also added that if the General Manager had any concerns he was more than glad to contact me direct.

Sales Manager's reply:

"No, that won't be necessary."

Good thing that Nissan has the Dealer Inventory Online... this way I can find out when my car is there (as it seems this will be the only way that I'll know).

Anyone else who ordered from United Nissan of Morrow,GA get any similar calls and/or talk to the Sales Manager and questioned about any posts.

... At least someone reads these posts... not like anyone cares to do anything to fix the situation though.

... If I may, I'll borrow a line from FOX NEWS... "We Inform... You Decide."

Regards,
Sam