2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Worst Nightmare!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 11:40 AM
BFG10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lexus33, go surf this site:

http://www.350zfrenzy.com

Talk to Rob (ZPRESENCE) who does some awesome body work. I would trust him to return the car to it's original, brand new condition. I believe he is in Orlando and if I were you, I'd take it to him. Check out his work in the "Exterior" forum on that site.
It's unreal.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:44 AM
lexus33

Thanks bro, I will keep that in mind if I have to get it repaired. If that is the outcome my ins co may even require me to go to someone they decide for me. GOD THIS IS A NIGHTMARE....

I just want a new Z!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2004, 11:50 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to see this man.

I'm going to be optimistic and say the frame-rack will show that the car is not bent. This looks mostly cosmetic. A new door,fender,bumper,skirt/running-board and you should be in good shape.

How old was this "kid"? Under 18? If so, you probably can go after Mom&Dad. If not, he's in an A4, hopefully that means he's got some $$$ to his name (or that Mom&Dad are still willing to bail him out of a lawsuit.)

In any case, I'm sorry, and I hope it works out.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:54 AM
NismoKid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lexus33, if you do sue him, get an estimate done at Daya's Automotive, which is a very expensive repair shop in Orlando. They're usually considered the best and MB and BMW dealers take their cars to them. When my bumper was hit, I told them I would take it to Daya's and the lady's insurance agency gave me $900 for just a respray! I got a quote from another reputable place for $400.

Phatmitzu, I remember reading your post when you first started it. It sucks so much to have your car hit within a month of buying it. My friends tell me how weird it is that I care so much about my car and **** happens to it, but they don't care about theirs and nothing ever happens. I went with your advice and got the touch up paint and clear coat. It looks a lot less noticable!
Old 03-19-2004, 11:56 AM
tdukeman

Originally posted by robcassell
Well, it looked like to me it isn't over 25% of the body that is damaged. When you have to sell your car, it would show up if more than 25% was damaged. I think you will be fine to sell it when you do. Best thing is to keep harassing your insurance company to find out exactly what is going on at all times so you don't stay out of the loop.
yeah...that whole calm thing is so passe.....I would have taken his little *** grabed his face and slammed it repeatedly into the concrete until I was winded and thirsty, would have gotten some juice and a then continued to beat him until I heard his neck snap...(however I would have been hospitable and asked him if he'd like another drink, as I shove a beer bottle down his throat)

Sorry...I just put my self in your shoes. I would have crushed him like a tweenky.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:05 PM
afr0puff

Originally posted by tdukeman
Sorry...I just put my self in your shoes. I would have crushed him like a tweenky.
Have you seen a picture of Lexus? This dude is a crazy bodybuilder. He would have crushed the kid with even a body slam and then been arrested. Very cool you kept your calm. But I don't think the car looks that bad. The insurance company will give you a place to go to, but if you talk to the adjuster, they will let you go to your own place usually.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:09 PM
DrVolkl

Originally posted by lexus33

So say my Ins co fixes my car for 7k. I have a WORTHLESS half totaled car with no value at all. When I go to sell or trade that car in when the time comes it will be worth NOTHING. No one will ever buy a car that was in a major accident like that....

That is my dilemma.

Believe me, I held everything back I could not to kill this **** head. For some reason I remained calm...
Hey man, it'll be ok. No one has to know about the accident to your car...if it's not a TOTAL, it probably won't even show up on a carfax...the dealer won't even know. I did 9k worth of damage to my 02 Maxima...took a month to fix and no one ever knew, least of all the dealership that took it in on trade for my new Z.
Old 03-19-2004, 01:51 PM
christurismohk

so sorry to hear!! you know...that does not look like a A4 to me, it looks like A6!!!!! it cost even more!!! in other words, his parents are pretty rich in some way. OWN THEM!!!
Old 03-19-2004, 02:02 PM
christurismohk

Hope everything will be fine with you soon!!
A4 dont have that plastic around the license plate

A6 has the plastic
Old 03-20-2004, 01:11 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Aww man... sorry to hear bro (and see ) I would be really paranoid myself if I couldn't keep my Z in a garage...
Old 03-20-2004, 01:29 PM
AZZGUY

People are now claiming decrease in resale value on cars that have been in accidents and repaired. It might pay you to find a lawyer and have him go for that ( claiming against your uninsured motorist portion of the insurance )
In other words the claim should be for fixing up AND whatever the decrease in resale value is.
Good luck! Just got my 350 the 19th of Feb - still on temp plates. Had a 1990 300ZX from 90 to 95 -been sorry ever since that I got rid of it.
Old 03-20-2004, 04:12 PM
lexus33

Well the apraiser just left this morning. The damage was about $ 10,000 without getting the car in the air. He said he will add any soft tissue damage he sees or any frame damage once the car is in the air but he doesn't expect any. He said all the parts are bolt on's and are going to be new NOT repaired. The 1/4 panel is not a bolt on but will be a new piece as well and computer matched before painted so he said I should see nothing at all except a new Z when they are done. They actually just take the door off the hinges and bang slap a new one on...The inside of the door was gaffed up pretty bad but the part just slides over the lower part of the door and frame and is replaced. He said he is going to be safe and put a new rear shock on as well as a new wheel. My ins co was really cool actually and knew I got a bad deal so they really felt for me....He said he sees the car coming back looking and performing just like new and not to worry. The problem of the re-sale price is the issue. Right now the car is worth 38 ish and if I went to sell it after the damge I may get 30. I intend to go after this bastard for the loss of value. My lawyer is looking into on Monday for me. Say a prayer he has some assets somewhere or I may be screwed. F *** drunk DRIVERS. I have no pity for them!

I think I am going to go to Trail Auto body in West Palm beach to do the work then have Mike Wade (Z club Pres) look over everything for me. We are hoping to have some extra Ins money over so I can add a few mods while it is there and also save on labor, hehehe. That would be nice and Mike liked the idea, hopefully he can pull some strings. I hope everything works out.

Thanks guys for the support. It's been a rough few days!

Last edited by lexus33; 03-20-2004 at 04:16 PM.