Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why the animosity?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 08:24 PM
AtlZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why the animosity?

why is there so much animosity between zcar and this forum. i read and post in both forums, but it seems that there are some people that from this forum that despise the other forum and vise versa. i just read a post over at zcar, and someone said "can the children go over to zcar.com!" doesnt make any sense to me. cant we just get along. we are all in it for the Z!
Old 06-05-2002, 08:37 PM
dvlad

AtlZ,

I don't think any members of my350z.com have expressed animosity towards zcar.com.

We just have concerns about the way people express their views and they way they handle views that aren't agreeable to there own.

Now, if that means we have animosity towards fellow Z enthusists, then YES, i do. If we are all in it for the Z, why do people have to flame newbies who aren't knowledgable with the car???

Not here, not on my350z.com. You'll never find a member who can continuly(sp) flames people and gets away with it. The people here have integrity and decency.

sorry about the misspells. I'm a little hung over from last night.

Last edited by dvlad; 06-05-2002 at 08:41 PM.
Old 06-06-2002, 02:24 AM
tbcz

Default Huh?

I think "animosity" is too strong a word. I think "frustration" would be more accurate. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I don't sense animosity here. Usually when referring to zcar.com, posters here use the term "that other sight". Tongue-in-cheek? Yes. Sarcastic? Maybe. But if there were a prevailing sense of hatred here against zcar.com, there are plenty of terms one could use in lieu of "that other site". Not to mention the fact that anyone with that attitude probably wouldn't last long here anyway. I don't hate zcar.com; I just don't feel like getting an ulcer from talking about the 350Z.
Old 06-06-2002, 02:47 AM
azjimbo

tbcz.Very well put.
Old 06-06-2002, 02:52 AM
BrianZ

Many of us are here because we got sick of the childish posts and flaming from people on the Zcar forums who clearly were not actually interested in the 350Z.

We don't have that here thanks to JmanZ and all the moderators and the vast majority of members.
Old 06-06-2002, 02:53 AM
EnthuZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VERY Well put, tbcz

I couldn't have said it better.
Old 06-06-2002, 07:15 AM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

Checked out "The Other Site" to see if it could help me live with my addiction to this site. I sure don't see any reason to go back. This forum has a group of folks who ask good questions and, even better, a lot of experts who have very good answers. It's so much easier to get the pictures. Got a kick out of all the sleuthing going on before the first production pictures were posted - several days before anything went up on official sites.

I don't think there is any animosity, I just don't think there is any reason to go to that site.
Old 06-06-2002, 08:53 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

I really wanted to switch to this site 100% and never go back to "the other one". But there is one reason I still have to visit there: ZISME. I wish he would visit here once in a while. Maybe someone should politely invite him over here to take a look? He might have made a decision to stick to one board to avoid wasting time; maybe if things get nasty enough over there, he'll come here like the rest of us did! (The more posts you read from ZISME, the more you see that he is legit and accurate with his info.)
Old 06-06-2002, 09:22 PM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

Why I like this site: 1. Tone is MUCH more civil here.
Why I like zcar.com: 1. ZISME is there.
2. Personally I prefer the way topics are listed overthere, I don't like the order shifting every time someone posts, I lose track of what I've read.
Bottom line: I will continue at both sites, but I'm afraid once I get my Z, the time I have been wasting on both of these sites will be spent driving my Z!!
Old 06-06-2002, 09:33 PM
nizl

Originally posted by z350z
I really wanted to switch to this site 100% and never go back to "the other one". But there is one reason I still have to visit there: ZISME. I wish he would visit here once in a while.
For a while he was cross-posting here too. He has a login to this board as well. Not sure why he stopped. I suspect he realized many of us still go to zcar.com, so rather than him waste his time on both boards, he just posts in one location...