Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone driven both Integra Type R and Broken-in 350Z?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 10:14 AM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

J Ritt sold his type R for a new 350 - let's see if he picks up on this thread.
Old 09-27-2002, 10:22 AM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I really like ITRs, the Z has MUCH more of a sports car feel to it. The shifting is short on point, and GOBS of torque, so you'll never have to wait to get in the power band no matter what rpm you're at. As for handling, it's a different car as well. The suspension is very competent on both cars, but the Z has a stiffer chassis; body roll is negligible as well. Being RWD car its unique rewards as well, and you don't have to worry about torque steer (no more pulling to the right like Hondas typically do). Also, the weight of the motor sits behind the front wheels, so the car just simply feels different. The seats are more supportive the ITR seats, but I really liked the suede bolters on the ITRs. Even though the Z has 550lbs on the ITR, it feels very nimble. Yes, I miss having insane redlines, but at least you don't have to live in constant fear of your car getting stolen every day so that your motor can be thrown into another Honda... Hope this helps.
Old 09-27-2002, 11:05 AM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't tried the 350Z.

When my friend WOT in his ITR to 90mph... i didn't feel a thing. My heart didn't pound, no nervousnes.. nothing.

In my dad's auto 300ZX TT... the feeling of reaching 60mph is much different. You get pinned to the seat and your body fights hard to adjust to this sudden change in movement. My heart pounds... even though I have confidence and control over the car.
Old 09-27-2002, 06:42 PM
integraowner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I don't have a Type R but

but I do have it's slightly detuned little brother, the GSR.

I've found I've had to relearn my driving style significantly with the 350Z. The abundance of torque, very different shift feel, and fly-by-wire accelerator spells lots of changes in how I operate the vehicle.

Overall, my GSR shifts more quickly and easily than the Z. I think that's partially due to the great design of the GSR tranny and the fact that it's got plenty of miles on it, plus the fact that I'm still not proficient at shifting the Z.

The torque in the Z is great, and provides "on demand" power whereas in the GSR I have to do one (or more) downshifts in order to get back up in VTECH land.

There is no VTECH power surge - things feel much more linear as people have said. However, I haven't done any near-redline driving in my Z yet.

The ride is different. The Type R has a stiffer suspension than the GSR, so it's probably an even more pronounced difference. My take on it is I find myself bouncing up and down more in the Z, but the bumps are not as harsh feeling as the GSR. So, bumps are less harsh, but more frequent - as more road-feel is tranmitted to me in the Z, but harsh bumps in the GSR are dampened in the Z.

I think the Z provides a good combination of road feel vs comfort, and is able to do so while still providing GREAT cornering. Again, the Type R is a couple notches up from the GSR in that department so you may not notice quite as much difference.
Old 09-27-2002, 07:32 PM
donnyz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice thread guys