Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

G35 vs. 350z, which one looks better?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2002, 09:07 PM
LIL RAJA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G35 vs. 350z, which one looks better?

IMHO. i chose the 350z. Although they are twins, the 350z shorter wheels base makes the car look more aggressive.
Also the front bumper on the z looks better.

who else thinks this way....

Canz wait to ge my Zzzz...

lil raja
Old 09-28-2002, 09:11 PM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's all opinion. This debate has been played out. Next time please use the search function before posting. There must be about 20 Z vs g35 threads in the search function...
Old 09-28-2002, 09:16 PM
LIL RAJA

Originally posted by ZGiRL
It's all opinion. This debate has been played out. Next time please use the search function before posting. There must be about 20 Z vs g35 threads in the search function...
true a search should have been used. But that would give me no exuse to post. LOL.

anyway, i know it's all opinion and i was only asking for opinion. After all i would make the final decision.

thanks ZGiRL.

Raja
Old 09-29-2002, 01:47 AM
Jill

Originally posted by MythralZ
hey zgirl. i like you, dont get me wrong, but ive only seen two posts from you: you were pickin on newbies like me. i hope you dont kick me for this

please take it easy on the new guys.
That's my job. I'm not picking on the newbies, but it's posted at the very top of the site that the search function should be used before posting to cut down on repetitive posts. If everyone were to use the search function, it would cut down on the new posts and the posts wouldn't cycle through so fast (ever notice when you come back and there's about 5 pages of new posts in the general forum alone - a lot to sift through!) We're just trying to make everyone happy here - you should see how many complaints we get about repetitive posts. But, just so you know, i'm NOT picking on anyone, and it's not because of your amount of posts, I would've said the same thing regardless of the person's "status". But enough about me defending myself...
Old 09-29-2002, 04:36 AM
ToddLuc

Originally posted by ZGiRL
Respectfully, I disagree. Here's why...

Sure, this topic has been discussed again and again. If we say it has been played out and we should only refer to the past, then we are saying that the original posts are "the rule" forevermore.

Let me clarify further...

Just because 20 people in the past gave their opinions doesn't mean the 20 people's opinions are "the rule" for everyone today, nor does it mean there aren't new people that want to post on the subject.

I think your points is valid, but I also think we have to stop the "sorry, we talked about that one" logic. If someone feels the topic has been beaten to death, ignore the thread and move on. If it truly has been beaten to death, it will end on its own.

Respectfully,
Todd
Old 09-29-2002, 04:38 AM
ToddLuc

Now that time has passed since the last time I saw this post, I have had time to see the G35...

[Opinion mode on]

The G35 is very nice, but from the rear, it looks like any other Accord out there. The front is beautiful. Interior dash is kinda odd to me. The car is nice overall.

The 350Z, however, is "all that" AND a bag of chips!

[Opinion mode off]

Todd
Old 09-29-2002, 05:28 AM
LIL RAJA

Originally posted by ToddLuc
Now that time has passed since the last time I saw this post, I have had time to see the G35...

[Opinion mode on]

The G35 is very nice, but from the rear, it looks like any other Accord out there. The front is beautiful. Interior dash is kinda odd to me. The car is nice overall.

The 350Z, however, is "all that" AND a bag of chips!

[Opinion mode off]

Todd
heheh a bag of chips. To me girls are like a bag of Lays potato chips, you just can't have one. Same with cars, I need more. j/k
lol

i have yet to see g35 in person...

lil raja
Old 09-29-2002, 05:44 AM
rai

I haven't seen the G35 in person, but seeing as this is a 350Z board I guess you should know the answer before asking.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Old 09-29-2002, 06:08 AM
Traffic

The G35 has a great profile, but I was unimpressed with the front and rear. Overall, it's a pretty good looking car, and I think it'll sell fairly well, but it's got a lot of competition from BMW 330Ci, Acura CL, among others.

Next time use the search function though
Old 09-29-2002, 07:57 AM
importriders

Originally posted by ToddLuc
Respectfully, I disagree. Here's why...

Sure, this topic has been discussed again and again. If we say it has been played out and we should only refer to the past, then we are saying that the original posts are "the rule" forevermore.

Let me clarify further...

Just because 20 people in the past gave their opinions doesn't mean the 20 people's opinions are "the rule" for everyone today, nor does it mean there aren't new people that want to post on the subject.

I think your points is valid, but I also think we have to stop the "sorry, we talked about that one" logic. If someone feels the topic has been beaten to death, ignore the thread and move on. If it truly has been beaten to death, it will end on its own.

Respectfully,
Todd
I 100% agree. This topic willl come up again, I can guarantee that. When the G35 coupe is out in the public in numbers, this post will be repeated with new opinions or different opinions by the same people. There are also people on this board that just come to read peoples post for entertainment(i.e like reading the newspaper or a magazine)and they haven't read any of the g35 vs. 350z threads, and they wouldn't think of doing a search for one.

Anyways, I think repeat post do more good than harm. I can only see one bad from repeat post as Zgirl has mentioned. But because "time" changes everything(information, technology, and most importantly people) I think we should allow some degree of repeat post. Especially post like this one which are dynamic because of the subjectivness of the topic. Another alternative to keep everyone happy would be to put a time limit on repeat post. For example, If the topic has been brought up within the last couple of weeks, then it should be flagged.

Anyways, no offence to the mods, just my opinions.

Also, I actually like to sift thru alot of post, better alot than none, like some other forums I visit.

Last edited by importriders; 09-29-2002 at 08:00 AM.
Old 09-29-2002, 10:12 AM
jasonintoronto

i really, really dislike the spoiler that they put on the aero package of the g35 coupe.
Old 09-29-2002, 10:42 AM
Grey Matter

350Z looks like a sports car, G35 Coupe looks like a nice coupe. Kind of like compairing a BMW 3 series to the Z3. Different car for different needs. But the G35 Coupe is a very good value and it does have the 2 back seats if that is what you need.
Old 09-29-2002, 11:17 AM
TJZ

Originally posted by 911350z
WELL HERE IS MY POINT ON THIS .......SINCE THE MODERATORS WANT TO JUMP ON ANYONE POSTING A TOPIC THAT HAS BEEN DISCUSSED BEFORE AT SOME POINT IN TIME EVERYTHING WILL HAVE BEEN DISCUSSED AND THEY WILL NOT BE A NEED FOR ANY MODERATORS AND NO NEED FOR A MY350Z.COM WEB SITE, ONLY A SEARCH FEATURE. SO REALX MODERATORS, LOOKS LIKE JMAN SOLD OUT AT THE RIGHT TIME. I LOOK FORWARD TO JUST USING SEARCH FEATURE IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE! HOWS THAT.
1. Turn caps lock off.

2. Respect the moderators. Nothing personal was said. Your quickness to jump down someone's throat says much about your intellect.

3. If you want to reopen an old topic, use the search feature and post under the old thread. There is no need for a new one; believe it or not, it is possible for threads to get bumped. This will also save space on the servers.

4. Play nice, and get along.
Old 09-29-2002, 12:31 PM
Jill

Thank you TJZ...

Listen, I'm not saying we're not allowed to rehash old topics, but I vividly remember getting lots of complaints THIS WEEK from members saying that the moderators should be on top of this and should take care of it - that's all. I also remember how many people were getting annoyed with the BLANK vs. 350Z debates and how they always end up turning into big, huge fights with lots of personal attacks - all over an OPINION. Relax people, we're all here to check out info on the Z, I'm not trying to dictate what people do and don't do - I'm just trying to appease the minds of the ones who have complained - that we are listening, and we are doing our best to do what is asked of us. Thanks. Any further comments can be PM'd to me, there is no further need to discuss this in the thread. Continue on...
Old 09-29-2002, 04:03 PM
g35or350z

As you can tell from my name, I had a hard time choosing between the two. That is one of the reasons I ordered my Z late. I might get the G35c for my wife.

The only thing I dont like about the G35c is the huge rear-end. The low-slung license plate reminds me of buck-teeth.
Old 09-29-2002, 04:15 PM
Boomer

Default G35....

OK, you asked. After seeing the Z & G35C, my vote goes to the

1. Z
2. G35 Sedan
3. G35C

Boomer--and I mean it.
Old 09-29-2002, 04:41 PM
2003z

Originally posted by g35or350z
As you can tell from my name, I had a hard time choosing between the two. That is one of the reasons I ordered my Z late. I might get the G35c for my wife.

Thats what we are planning on doing. Me: Silverstone Track, Her: Black G35C
Old 09-29-2002, 04:46 PM
Zmeflyby

well...i saw a g35 the other day and let me tell u..dat thing was nice nice nice... but one thing fosho i love my Z!