Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Delivery Dates...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 01:19 PM
Nothing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delivery Dates...

For those of you who have ordered a Z in the past and were given a delivery date, could you please assist me. I ordered my Z back in January. I was informed that it wouldn't go into production until the end of March and then it would arrive in early to mid May. The last time my dealer checked the car was in "Phase 2" of production, but he didn't know what that meant. I know the order number, but I can get no more specific information. Seeing as the car was promised in the next 2 to 3 weeks, I was thinking I should have a better understanding of what the expected delivery date is, as I've read that many of you had deliery dates far in advance of when the car would be delivered. Also, as it's getting this close, I need to get the VIN number to start looking into insurance rates and financing. Does anyone have any suggestions or know how I might go about getting more information on my car? My dealer said he's personally never tracked an ordered car before and thus he doesn't really know what all he can do. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

N.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:24 PM
mofoz

it normally takes about 3months to get your Z here from japan from when they start building it. i ordered mine august 15thish and it didnt start getting built until sept. there is a certain ordering window the dealers have. If you keep using nissans website and building your car, it will show up in dealers inventory when its on the truck to your dealership.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:03 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

You shouldn't need a VIN number to look into financing or insurance. You won't get a signed sealed firm deal on financing or insurance without one but you will certainly be able to get quotes.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:21 PM
Bertg

I ordered mine the first week of Dec '03, and my Z was delivered the first week of Mar '04. I didn't get my VIN # until about 3 weeks before delivery. The VIN # will be on Nissan's website when the car is being transported to the dealer.

You should be able to get an insurance quote without a VIN #. Hang in there! The Z is worth the wait!
Old 04-15-2004, 06:27 PM
NismoKid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered mine on 1/2/03 and got it 3/25/03. The dealer told me it would take anywhere from 8-12 weeks and it came just before 12 weeks. By the way, I never asked or got a VIN so I wouldn't really know how that system works. My dealer filled out a form with check boxes of my car's specifications and faxed it as a production order.

Also, I don't see why they would say it would go into production so late, it only takes literally a day or two to build the car (not weeks when you'd use "phase 2" wording) and production numbers of the Z aren't as much as before.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:06 PM
trackstar

I ordered mine on 1/5/04. I didn't get a VIN until 4/5/04. That VIN was included on some printout my dealer got from Nissan, which shows a build date of 5/04 and a ship date of 6/04. When it will actually arrive, I have no idea. The dealer says early June I will have it, but I think that's a bit optimistic.
Old 04-16-2004, 06:07 AM
Nothing

The build date was so long because the Z's weren't in production for the 1st quarter of 2004. Production started end of March. Mine is the first 04 Track model being built this year... and possibly the only one before they shut down the 04 lines and start up the 05 lines in August. I guess that's why it took so long..

Trackstar... it's discouranging to see your car is sooo far away!!! I can barely take this wait... as each day the weather gets warmer and the sun is shining, I am dying for my caaaarrrr!!!

Well... I guess I'll just have to keep waiting

N.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:20 AM
trackstar

Originally posted by Nothing
The build date was so long because the Z's weren't in production for the 1st quarter of 2004. Production started end of March. Mine is the first 04 Track model being built this year... and possibly the only one before they shut down the 04 lines and start up the 05 lines in August. I guess that's why it took so long..
That's interesting, I haven't heard that before but it wouldn't surprise me. Anyone know why that is? (busy fixng the feathering problem? ). Like I said, my dealer only told me their dealership wasn't allocated any the first quarter.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:30 AM
Tom R

My order was placed 2-5-04, one month later then the dealer told me it would be placed. I called 1-800-NISSAN1 yesterday, and the very nice lady confirmed my order date and told me my car is scheduled to arive the week of 5-2-04, exactly three months.No VIN yet, but she said the car will be here in two long weeks. It's been 4 months since I fist went to the dealer and put down my deposit, I'm crazy with anticipation. It's going to be 80 degrees in PA this weekend,I don't have to work, and I'll be driving the Neon, CRAP!! I recommend calling Nissan, even if it's only to confirm, if and when, the dealer placed your order.
Old 04-17-2004, 12:25 PM
mickey

Default Oppama or Tochigi plant?

Originally posted by trackstar
I ordered mine on 1/5/04. I didn't get a VIN until 4/5/04. That VIN was included on some printout my dealer got from Nissan, which shows a build date of 5/04 and a ship date of 6/04. When it will actually arrive, I have no idea. The dealer says early June I will have it, but I think that's a bit optimistic.
Trackstar,
I am in the same situation as well, being as patient as possible. With your build date being that late, I wonder if your Z is being build at the Tochigi plant? As you know, all Z currently are being built at Oppama plant, then Nissan was to move the Z production to Tochigi.

Can you double check your VIN number for us... look for the letter before the last six digit(which is the serial number). If that letter is:
T = Oppama plant
M = Tochigi plant

I have already seen one Z in my local dealer inventory with VIN number showing Tochigi plant production.

Does anyone know if the difference between 2004 and 2004.5 Z will be the plant location?

Rgd,
Mickey
Old 04-17-2004, 06:00 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Oppama or Tochigi plant?

Originally posted by mickey
Does anyone know if the difference between 2004 and 2004.5 Z will be the plant location?
Nope, I have a 2004.5 and it was produced at Oppama.
Old 04-17-2004, 09:22 PM
trackstar

Default Re: Oppama or Tochigi plant?

Originally posted by mickey

Can you double check your VIN number for us... look for the letter before the last six digit(which is the serial number). If that letter is:
T = Oppama plant
M = Tochigi plant

I
Actually, looking at the order sheet, there is no VIN on it. There are a bunch of codes which I guess designate the options but no VIN.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:55 PM
amairmech

I Just Walked up to the dealer and bought one. I didnt have to preorder anything it was just sitting there looking at me like a lost little puppy. My build date is 2/04 and has the t so i guess oppama.