Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

any updates on Canadian deliveries?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 06:26 AM
fatZo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any updates on Canadian deliveries?

Ok this is getting ridiculous. I have been waiting freaking 7 months for this car. It was supposed to be here before the end of September. WTF. I'm pissed.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:12 AM
bobbyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As of September 20th I was "At Sea".
There were two this weekend at Agincourt. They were to be picked up today. Both Silverstone, one track and one performance on Black leather
Old 09-30-2002, 08:03 AM
fatZo

Originally posted by bobbyz
As of September 20th I was "At Sea".
There were two this weekend at Agincourt. They were to be picked up today. Both Silverstone, one track and one performance on Black leather
I saw a redline track on Queen St. yesterday. The owner said he took delivery last week.

I wonder where the hell is my car. It was "in transit" for at least 4 days as of Tuesday last week. That's >12 days ago!

I hope you get yours soon, cuz it's a ***** to wait ...
Old 09-30-2002, 08:38 AM
vanstorm16

You're dealer will certainly be able to tell you when the car hit port right? Are you saying that its been 12 days since that time? Weren't people talking about a 2 week delay from port to delivery in the Ontario region?
Old 09-30-2002, 10:04 AM
fatZo

Originally posted by vanstorm16
You're dealer will certainly be able to tell you when the car hit port right? Are you saying that its been 12 days since that time? Weren't people talking about a 2 week delay from port to delivery in the Ontario region?
My dealer is not very proactive in communicating info. It's been at least 12 days since the car has been "in transit". As far as I know, it takes between 7-10 days for the cars to reach Toronto from Vancouver.

This is an August production car, which was supposed to be delivered in September. WTF. Why is it taking more than a month for the car to get here from Japan? That's absurd.
Old 09-30-2002, 11:05 AM
fatZo

ok my dealer just called and said the car is "released", but still wouldn't commit to a set date. All he said is that it'll be delivered this week.
Old 09-30-2002, 12:23 PM
bobbyz

Fatzo,
What configuration did you get again?
I'm waiting for a Silverstone on Burnt Orange performance.
Old 09-30-2002, 12:31 PM
fatZo

Originally posted by bobbyz
Fatzo,
What configuration did you get again?
I'm waiting for a Silverstone on Burnt Orange performance.
I got Black on Black, Performance.
Silverstone on Burnt Orange looks sweet!
Old 09-30-2002, 12:34 PM
Ludecrew

I ordered in march, havent received mine and doesnt look like ill get it before it snows!!!! ERRR, oh yea and at the west end nissan they have a black track for sale like wuts up with that ? damn preorder program is BS
Old 09-30-2002, 12:40 PM
fatZo

Originally posted by Ludecrew
I ordered in march, havent received mine and doesnt look like ill get it before it snows!!!! ERRR, oh yea and at the west end nissan they have a black track for sale like wuts up with that ? damn preorder program is BS
I'm sorry to hear that. Pre-order is BS. Check out www.autotrader.ca for toronto region. There are already 3 350Zs for sale by used car dealers. Where the f!@ do they get these cars, it beats me ... I think the pre-orders should get priority.
Old 09-30-2002, 01:36 PM
vanstorm16

Ludecrew - I believe that black track model in Edmonton was a pre-order and which the buyer opted out of since they wanted leather in the Track model and it wasn't possible.

Fatzo - I agree with you about the pre-orders. Was there even a pre-order program available in Canada? Sure the Z was on the website and you could print it out and take it to your dealer but no-one received the packages like the folks in the US did upon ordering. When I finally got off my a$$ and ordered mine in mid-July, I spoke with several dealers. Each had different lead times. I could have ordered from one dealer that had a lead time of October or another dealer that couldn't get me one until next spring.

Could it be that there was no official pre-order plan in Canada and that dealers were just given "allocations" of cars to sell?

I think these used car guys selling the Z's have just ordered the cars themselves knowing that they can turn around and make some profit $$ on them. It sucks but its probably what's going on.
Old 09-30-2002, 02:07 PM
fatZo

Originally posted by vanstorm16

Could it be that there was no official pre-order plan in Canada and that dealers were just given "allocations" of cars to sell?

I think these used car guys selling the Z's have just ordered the cars themselves knowing that they can turn around and make some profit $$ on them. It sucks but its probably what's going on.
As you pointed out, there may not have even been a "pre-order" program in Canada per se. If there was, it was a very weak one compared to the US program. I never obtained a firm date/timeline.

The used car dealers might have bought the Zs some dealership managers had ordered (and used) for themselves.
Old 09-30-2002, 02:28 PM
vanstorm16

In addition to the used dealer conversation, I was talking to a Nissan dealer yesterday about almost the same thing.

He asked me if I was buying or leasing my Z. I'm leasing. The reason he asked is that apparently there are some people paying cash for their cars upon delivery, insuring them and then the insurance is cancelled the next day and these cars are apparently showing up in the US at auto auctions.

Just thought it was an interesting story he told me, that's all. Sure, it makes sense that can happen but I would doubt that sort of thing would be widespread. There was one post on Ebay a while back of a dealer in Florida selling a "Canadian Z" with the speedo in KM/H.
Old 10-02-2002, 06:21 AM
fatZo

Talking yeah!

picking up my Z this afternoon
woohoo =P
will post pics soon
Old 10-02-2002, 06:35 AM
bobbyz

Congrats. What dealer. Please let me know how it goes. On September 20th, mine was at sea, but I havent heard anything since then so my guess is that I am on the Ship that is arriving in Vancouver next Friday. Not too far behind you.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:42 AM
sov

Ludecrew: That Track model from West End Nissan is the owner's car. For some reason the owners of the dealerships gets their cars before everyone else. Just like Mills Nissan. Funny how that works huh? Lucky of the draw they say.