Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Z vs S2000

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 11:41 AM
k4ngsta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by BDM
Since you seemed to need help visualizing, this is a picture of me in my pre-Z ride. Be sure to let me know if I don't look "manly" enough.

haha thanks for the visualization .. who is that chick she is HOTT!!!

hah my friend owns a s2000 also .. except he went with black on black .. no doubt the s2000 is a great car and many guys drive it .. but i was just stating that .. if someone who had never seen the s2000 before saw it rolling by .. it would be easier for them to picture a chick driving it .. same with the rsx .. although many bros over here sport the rsx-s .. in my eyes its still a chick car .. as with any car both chicks and guys will drive it .. but in my eyes these certain cars are "chick cars" .. my apologies to those who felt insulted .. that wasnt what i was after .. overall both the 350z and s2000 are great cars ..
Old 05-01-2004, 01:03 PM
marhot

Copied...from Tom & Ray on Car Talk

#5 Dodge Neon - Neons are Barbie cars: little and cute and rounded in the hips. Even in black, they are feminine and adorable, only just a bit tougher, like Tattoo Barbie."

#4 VW Jetta - Anything by Volkswagen is a chick car. VW realized this years ago and joined forces with another company to sell guy cars-- they called that company Porsche."

#3 Mazada Miata -"I discovered this phenomenon when I got a Miata. 'Girlie car'. That all I heard."

#2 VW Cabriolet -"All teen-age girls classify them as cute. 'Nuff said."

#1 VW Beetle - The VW Beetle. A chick car, definitely. And made to be so. How? I know of no other automoblie with a FLOWER VASE as standard equipment.

Last edited by marhot; 05-01-2004 at 01:05 PM.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:50 AM
CBeyond

Perhaps those who think of the S2000 as a chick car are only considering the appearance, not the reality. I see far more 350Zs being driving by chicks than S2000s, relatively speaking. The 350Z is available with an AT, and the S2000 is not. That makes all the difference as far as "chick car" potential goes.

Here's a link to a few pictures of an S2000 that cannot be defined as a chick car.

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showth...hreadid=157332
Old 05-02-2004, 11:32 AM
boma

Thumbs up

Hey I drive a VW GTI! All I had was a chip/intake/turbo-back exhaust and I was neck and neck with a Z from 0-100mph =)

This chick car can keep up with a Z!

But i'm getting a Z soon anyways
Old 05-02-2004, 11:56 PM
BDM

I'd say the Audi TT is by far more of a chick car than the S2000. The Audi has all of those beautiful curves and that designer interior, but only moderate performance (at best). The S2000 is much more angular, has a bare-bones interior, and obviously has far superior performance. Plus, the S2000 is ONLY offered in a stick shift . . . doesn't that alone make the S2000 less of a chick car than anything else that's been mentioned in this thread (including our 350Z)?
Old 05-03-2004, 02:57 AM
ml2316

the s2000 is not a chick car. although the pic you provided is weakening that argument (jk).
Old 05-03-2004, 06:52 AM
Shiri

Originally posted by BDM
Since you seemed to need help visualizing, this is a picture of me in my pre-Z ride. Be sure to let me know if I don't look "manly" enough.
That looks g......

Ah never mind.

I think it would look better with the hardtop on.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:55 AM
Shiri

Originally posted by CBeyond
The 350Z is available with an AT, and the S2000 is not. That makes all the difference as far as "chick car" potential goes.
Not true.

AT is very useful in situation when changing gears, releasing the clutch becomes a chore (like traffic in Tokyo).

The RX7 and NSX are both available in AT, does that make them "chick cars"?

So far, nobody has ever given me a good answer for my last statement every time.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:17 AM
molZoncdn

Wink

[QUOTE]Originally posted by aznkukuboi
[B]uh.. miata is NOT a chick mobile...

Must be kidding.

Agree on the rest.
Old 05-03-2004, 08:00 AM
pulpz2

Originally posted by Shiri
That looks g......

Ah never mind.

I think it would look better with the hardtop on.

...and tinted windows. like 20 or darker.

hehe
Old 05-03-2004, 02:54 PM
CBeyond

Originally posted by Shiri
Not true.

AT is very useful in situation when changing gears, releasing the clutch becomes a chore (like traffic in Tokyo).

The RX7 and NSX are both available in AT, does that make them "chick cars"?

So far, nobody has ever given me a good answer for my last statement every time.
I didn't say the 350Z was a chick car. I said it had more "chick car potential" than the S2000. Just because a car is available with an AT does not mean automatically that it's a chick car. Yet some people seem to think the S2000 is a chick car in spite of the fact that it's only available with a six speed manual transmission. Draw your own conclusion.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:32 PM
phile

I don't even own an s2000 and you guys p!ss me off. :P I'd hate to see a mass of s2000 owners see this thread. How is the s2000 a chick car? Keep in mind that the newest model year looks slightly different.

Flame on.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:40 PM
supercuteracer

Originally posted by robcassell
the s2000 is a ***** car
There's the most intelligent statement I've seen so far. Hopefully, not every Z driver is as intelligent as this douche bag.

I'm a *****, so I guess the S2000 fits me perfectly. But watch out, on a sunny day, this ***** looks pretty damn hot with the wind in her hair and the sun in her face, as she strokes the best gear box on the planet.

Originally posted by ViZion
now there's an intellegent statement...

s2k's are very fun to drive, but hte z (imo) has better looks, and much more power. both are stellar cars, but for me, the z just edges the s out by a little on each category
Z is better in each category? You must be joking! In accelerations, it MAY have a tiny little edge, but not in everything else. In looks, it's subjective, but personally, I think the S2K is much cuter and sensual, esp. on a sunny day.

As for handling, the S also handles better and drives like a go-kart. In the fun department, uhh..., need I say more? No car could really compete. In the gear box department, again, the S has the best on the planet. The S also out-brakes the Z. The S also has better fuel economy, as I average 25-26 mpg, and 30-31 mpg on long freeway trips. The S also has better, more supportive seats. Although it doesn't have as many amenities, like heated seats, etc., because it's just a purebred street car. I could go on and on, but you get the point that the Z certainly does NOT edge out the S in EACH category. Please think before you speak, before you turn into a douche bag like the guy above.

Back to the topic, I tested and considered the following cars before going with the S2000:
1) Boxster (not the S version because of high price);
2) BMW Z3 (not the Z4 because it wasn't out yet);
3) 350Z touring coupe 6-sp (the Z roadster wasn't out yet);
4) Mustang GT convertible;
5) MR2 spider;
6) and a few more...

After driving all of those and the S2000, I had to settle for the S for the fun factor because it kept making me smile everytime I drove it. And it fits me perfectly. The Boxster was only the other one I seriously consider, but its price was much more and it wasn't nearly as fun as an S. As for the 350Z, I wanted the roadster, and it didn't make me smile driving the Z (I've driven it quite a few times). After driving the Mustang GT, I was very turned off with the crappy shifter all the way upfront and the way it drove. Other ones didn't really peak my interest after having test-driven them.

Well, to each his own. Some of you would like driving the Z more daily, but to me, nothing fits me better than an S because it has everything I looked for and it's just awesome to drive in the morning summer sun and night summer breezes.

"Once you go topless, you'll never go back...and bras are just too uncomfortable." That applies to the S also.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:07 PM
Jsn350Z

I will agree that the S handles better then the Z.

Handling : Edge to the S
Straight line : Edge to the Z
Looks : Edge to the Z ( IMO )
Fun factor : NO car I have drivin beats the S
Braking : I don't know, but having drivin both cars, I think the Z brakes better. Soo.. Edge to the Z.

Regardless, race on a track, race on a drag strip, go to a car show, it is all in the driver, and in the eye of the beholder.

Don't forget if your doing some competive driving the S will need that top up. Top beind down is what gives it most of its fun. Top down though, slows the car a LOT. It is also fun because for me, it just HUGS you when you sit in it. You feel like PART of the car.

The Z is too big for me inside. I will be getting some racing seats and harnesses. I am hoping that will give me more of a snug fit in the Z and give me that tight feeling I'm looking for.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:10 PM
Jsn350Z

And I will add that, with all the time I have spent driving different S2k's and the time in my Z, it is oviouse the Z gets WAY more attention on the streets. But that is from my personal experiance.

I can't go on a 5 minute drive without someone slobbering all over the place, thumbs up, or some kind of positive words.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:43 PM
shimz350z

s2k is not a chick car...i have not seen one chick driving an s2k...it's engulfed into my psyche wether it looks feminem...it's turned masculine not only because of it's performance...but i NEVER see a chick in a s2k unless she's on the passenger side my two cents in chicago area
Old 05-03-2004, 10:46 PM
shimz350z

my friend owned both the s2k and the rx7 and he said hands down the rx7 was a better handling car...have you driven the rx7? If so how would you campare the two? "NO car I have drivin beats the s" just wondering.

Originally posted by Jsn350Z
I will agree that the S handles better then the Z.

Handling : Edge to the S
Straight line : Edge to the Z
Looks : Edge to the Z ( IMO )
Fun factor : NO car I have drivin beats the S
Braking : I don't know, but having drivin both cars, I think the Z brakes better. Soo.. Edge to the Z.

Regardless, race on a track, race on a drag strip, go to a car show, it is all in the driver, and in the eye of the beholder.

Don't forget if your doing some competive driving the S will need that top up. Top beind down is what gives it most of its fun. Top down though, slows the car a LOT. It is also fun because for me, it just HUGS you when you sit in it. You feel like PART of the car.

The Z is too big for me inside. I will be getting some racing seats and harnesses. I am hoping that will give me more of a snug fit in the Z and give me that tight feeling I'm looking for.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:13 PM
Jsn350Z

" Fun factor : No car I have drivin Beats the S "

No I have not drivin the RX7. And better handling does not nessasarily mean more fun to drive.

The S2k just has a special feeling to it. It hugs you when you sit inside of them, and the drivin experiance itself, weather it be cruising or racing, just can't be beat IMO. Not to mention the top being down really helps..

The S2k makes me smile just sitting in it. I have taken a seat in a few RX7's and it doesnt give me the same feeling. Can't comment on driving one because I havnt drivin one..

I hav drivin corvettes, camaros, m3's, ev08, itr, and allllll kinds of other cars, and to this day, the s2k is STILL the most fun car to drive IMO.

But oviously I chose the Z for my own reasons.

Last edited by Jsn350Z; 05-03-2004 at 11:15 PM.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:20 PM
xswl0931

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I always find it funny that some cars develop a reputation and people believe it's true even many years later. In any case, here's some comparison numbers from Motertrend:

Boxster-S $50k, 5.8s, 14.3@98.8, 118 ft, 68.1 (slalom), no skidpad, although it's probably better than the Z, but would be surprised if it beat the G35c's 0.92
350Z $34k, 5.3s, 13.77@100.1, 113 ft, 68.0 (slalom), 0.87 g
Old 05-03-2004, 11:24 PM
Jsn350Z

Originally posted by xswl0931
I always find it funny that some cars develop a reputation and people believe it's true even many years later. In any case, here's some comparison numbers from Motertrend:

Boxster-S $50k, 5.8s, 14.3@98.8, 118 ft, 68.1 (slalom), no skidpad, although it's probably better than the Z, but would be surprised if it beat the G35c's 0.92
350Z $34k, 5.3s, 13.77@100.1, 113 ft, 68.0 (slalom), 0.87 g
I don't see what your trying to say?

Quick Reply: 350Z vs S2000