Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CA: no more front plates!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 12:04 AM
nuttyprof

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CA: no more front plates!

Hey guys and gals in CA. sign this...its a petition to have no more front plates in our state.
http://www.petitiononline.com/caplate/petition.html
Old 04-22-2004, 12:43 AM
HOMiEZ

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

chances of this working? hmm... slim to none i believe. i can't remember that last time CA has done anything for me, the average joe car enthusiast.... never! in fact CA would be the last place this will be done. oh... where in USA do not require front plates? anyone know?
Old 04-22-2004, 02:40 AM
XtaZee

Same deal for guys in Texas.-

http://www.petitiononline.com/txplate/petition.html
Originally posted by HOMiEZ
chances of this working? hmm... slim to none i believe. i can't remember that last time CA has done anything for me, the average joe car enthusiast.... never! in fact CA would be the last place this will be done. oh... where in USA do not require front plates? anyone know?
I know Florida has no Front tag requirement.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:47 AM
DruDragzOn

There's one like that petition thing for NJ too. I hope it works. I took the time to petition. Either way, I haven't had a front plate since December!
Old 04-22-2004, 03:15 AM
dchengmd

The chances of this working through petitiononline.com is even slimmer than that...I'd say zero chance, in fact.

First of all, there is absolutely no way to verify any of those 'signatures' on that petition. If I wanted to, I could sign up my neighbor, mom, dad, sister, etc. and they'd never know. Second, there's no way to verify that any of the people who signed that petition live in CA. And third - petitiononline just sucks overall. There are thousands of so-called 'petitions' on that site that never elicit any action, regardless of the number of signatures. It's basically a way to make a lazy person think he/she did something effective.

Don't waste your time with this. If you really want to send a petition to the CA legislature, then you'll have to do it the good old fashioned way - with pen, paper, and volunteers.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:19 PM
nuttyprof

awww, you just crushed my dreams. hahahaa, and yea, i guess im one of those lazy people LOL. oh well, it was worth a shot.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:14 PM
zuddenly

how many of you really have problems with cops stopping you for no front plate? I have never put on my front plate, and I haven't had a problem with it. *cross my fingers* Its probably because i'm completely stock.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:39 PM
Donald0730

Just wondering, but why do states require front plates?
Old 04-22-2004, 05:38 PM
hurahn

Somebody feel free to correct me but I believe it's so police officers can more than one opportunity to identify your car. Annnd now a lot of states have them damn traffic cameras that take a front picture of your car. That's just a guess. I really hate the tint laws. The legal limits are too light and if the police want to see in your car they could just tell you to roll all of your windows down and turn on the interior light. Nothing is ever that simple though.
Old 04-22-2004, 11:20 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by hurahn
Somebody feel free to correct me but I believe it's so police officers can more than one opportunity to identify your car. Annnd now a lot of states have them damn traffic cameras that take a front picture of your car. That's just a guess. I really hate the tint laws. The legal limits are too light and if the police want to see in your car they could just tell you to roll all of your windows down and turn on the interior light. Nothing is ever that simple though.
You're pretty right on with why we have front plates.

As far as the window tint goes: I have 28 percent tints (not legal at all here in CA). I think the tint law should be thrown out the window but I can see where they're coming from.

It's alot easier to make certain laws clean cut for the sake of enforcing them. If the lines were a little grey they'd have to dispute all sorts of shades, slowing down the whole enforcement system. Imagine cops standing out on the roads with some sort of tint measuring device.

If I was a cop I'd hate to be walking up to a car with limo tint on the passenger window. Especially here in CA where motorists will shoot a cop for no particular reason. (saw that on the news today). The more strict and clear they are about tint the easier it is for them to tell us to just "take it off".
Old 04-22-2004, 11:26 PM
Donald0730

Well, maybe The Terminator will help u guys out soon. BTW, How many of U were affected by that repeal of that car tax that i always heard Ahhh-nold yappin about?
Old 04-22-2004, 11:44 PM
g35SanDiego

I personally wouldn't sign it because I think it is extremely useful to identify cars which is helpful for limitless reasons. Besides you don't have to run a front plate because cops really don't care unless you tick them off or they are having a bad day. Pretty much making it a drivers choice. And even if they do write you a ticket its only a fix it ticket. Actually happend to me once but that was because I didn't have any plates on at all, long story lose bolt blah blah blah, and ofcourse in that situation I am asking for it. Got a fix it ticket, five bucks and a signature and all was taken care. Took the front plate off minutes after the inspection. I have been pulled over a couple of times and never had an issue with the front plate on any of my cars. To sum it all up I think the current situation is the best of both worlds.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:16 AM
AZZGUY

No front plates in Arizona for YEARS - get with it Ah-Nold !
Old 04-05-2005, 06:57 PM
rockinbboy

No plates in AZ.

DOH! I am a lil late on this post..hehe.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:35 PM
Hogstar

Calif. DMV do something for us? "Fa get about it"
Old 04-05-2005, 07:46 PM
capnfrantic

Originally Posted by g35SanDiego
I personally wouldn't sign it because I think it is extremely useful to identify cars which is helpful for limitless reasons. Besides you don't have to run a front plate because cops really don't care unless you tick them off or they are having a bad day. Pretty much making it a drivers choice. And even if they do write you a ticket its only a fix it ticket. Actually happend to me once but that was because I didn't have any plates on at all, long story lose bolt blah blah blah, and ofcourse in that situation I am asking for it. Got a fix it ticket, five bucks and a signature and all was taken care. Took the front plate off minutes after the inspection. I have been pulled over a couple of times and never had an issue with the front plate on any of my cars. To sum it all up I think the current situation is the best of both worlds.
So you're saying to not try and change the law.... Just break it? After all it is extremely useful.....
Old 04-05-2005, 08:42 PM
St@inless

Any fellow Houstonians without front plates? I have driven by a few cops recently with no problems ... have I just been real lucky?
Old 04-05-2005, 08:50 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

no front plate required in FL
Old 04-06-2005, 08:43 AM
BigMike

No front plates in GA
Attached Thumbnails CA: no more front plates!-350z_08a.jpg  
Old 04-06-2005, 09:25 AM
bixby

Originally Posted by Donald0730
Well, maybe The Terminator will help u guys out soon. BTW, How many of U were affected by that repeal of that car tax that i always heard Ahhh-nold yappin about?
I was. My reg went from 360.00 to almost 900.00. My SUV went to over 1,100.00!! I got a full refund thanks to Arnold.

Quick Reply: CA: no more front plates!