Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Man.....this car is SOOOOOOO much fun!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 03:01 PM
NoahzBurnt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Man.....this car is SOOOOOOO much fun!!!

i've had it for about 3 months....finally let my ***** out a little and started having fun with it......man this thing flies....torched a dinan 745....at the light the guy said "man that thing is $40 grand and probably gets more chicks than mine.....crap i wasted my money!"......all i can say is DAMN!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2004, 03:25 PM
KingofScion

That is TOTAL BS. a 745 Dinan is WAY faster than a Z.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:52 PM
orhanz33

Last edited by orhanz33; 04-27-2004 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:53 PM
orhanz33

were you burnt when the guy was talking to you?
Old 04-27-2004, 05:03 PM
NoahzBurnt

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH burnt when he said that hahahahahahaha.......NO nice try there guy.....but he was pissed as sh*t so say what u want.....not a factory Dinan 745 dont think they exist but he said dinan and $20000 worth of work to it....so who knows
Old 04-27-2004, 05:32 PM
z053ym

Now they had an all out conversation... Yeh ooook I bet.. Did he also tell you he had a jag back home he was trading in too because he saw your car? I personally saw a GT3.. at the light he told me he was bitter he wasted money.. and then after talking we raced and I torched him. But he told me he wasted money before we even raced.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:32 PM
NoahzBurnt

damn you people are a bunch of dooshes jeeeez........like i have nothing better to do than make up stories about racing...i'm not some stupid gas happy teenager......i've been spanked by Z06's but i sure as sh-t know that I torched this guy in a 745.....like wtf.....i thought this board was all about sharing stories....and once u eff'n do whiny lil sh*ts jump down your damn throat
Old 04-27-2004, 06:37 PM
Ricky
Banned

Originally posted by NoahzBurnt
i'm not some stupid gas happy teenager...........like wtf.....and once u eff'n do whiny lil sh*ts jump down your damn throat.....

You sure talk like a gas happy teenager.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:02 PM
G35MiXeD
Banned

Lol NoahzBurnt u just got owned LoL

why do people waste their/our time by making up stupid stories?
Old 04-27-2004, 08:14 PM
350black

today i raced a new enzo. I did not torch him, but i beat him by about three car lengths. When we got to the next light he told me that he was going to trade it in for the Z because he was having a hard time picking up chicks in his enzo, something about the girls being afraid of a yellow horse?
Old 04-27-2004, 10:36 PM
BENJ-AMG
Banned

Originally posted by 350black
today i raced a new enzo. I did not torch him, but i beat him by about three car lengths. When we got to the next light he told me that he was going to trade it in for the Z because he was having a hard time picking up chicks in his enzo, something about the girls being afraid of a yellow horse?
Black horse. Yellow emblem. Still funny though.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:49 PM
BENJ-AMG
Banned

Year and a half ago(this is the truth by the way...) I pulled into Books a Million parking lot and was on my phone when a black Dinan equipped M5 pulled right up in front of me. I hung up on my buddy and immediately jumped outta my car and started rapping with the guy after he got out. Guy was in his fifties and from California. Drove all the way here to Nashville in it for Christmas and he had only had the Dinan package on for a week. Said it scared the hell out of him when he put the hammer down. I asked him if he would start it up for me so I could hear the new exhaust. That thing was SICK. I think it made the guy feel good to see some 24 year old kid come over and talk his ear off about his car. Frankly, he didn't really seem to know much about what they had done to it, just that it made it faster. I didnt know that there was a Dinan upgrade for the 7 series. Must be kinda new.

Now, I love my Z. Best car I can afford. Quick too. But dude, if you REALLY think, honestly, that you smoked a Dinan ANYTHING, either you're nuts, or you're stupid. Or maybe the other guy had been eating a bag full of ludes, I dunno. You should know better than to come onto a sportscar forum saying stuff like that expecting to get a pat on the back. Guys on here know whats going on in the auto world. The only way you torched a Dinan 7 series wouldve been with a molotov cocktail.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:09 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know the specs on your average Dinan 7?

I have a Dinan story:

I was on the freeway one morning and a 5 series came up quick on me from behind and then lined up with me from my side. His window was tinted so I was not able to see his expression but judging from the way he paced me (around 70) I knew he wanted to run. It looked like a 525 so I was curious to why he wanted to test his car. It looked a little lowered with wheels. I obliged anyway.

I punched it and he did likewise. I had a good jump on him but he caught up to my surprise. We were neck and neck for a good few seconds but inevitably traffic came up, we did the "grown up thing" and shut it down before any cars came into range.

He rolls down his windows, the guy had to be near his fifties. He smiles, waves and drives off in traffic. I look on the back of his 5 series at the usual spot where I was expecting the number 525..or 530 whatever...but it was replaced with the chrome word "DINAN"!

These things are insane fast...the way I jumped on him and he STILL reeled me in like a cat fish! Too bad we weren't able to see the outcome but I can assume what he'd do to my bone stock Z.

Now how bout those 7-series specs?
Old 04-28-2004, 04:33 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Okay, you guys got my curiosity up about these Dinans so I went to their site to check them out. Whoa, what a rip-off. I looked at a couple of their "performance" packages - $3000 to $4000 and all they gained was about 25HP. Maybe I missed some of their "real" high performance modifications but if what I saw was typical they're being ripped off worse than Z owners on expensive mods for a little HP gain.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:57 AM
Pusha Z
Banned

haha you think thats a rip off, look at the Acura TL A-Spec kit ahaha $4500 for wheels, lip kit, shift ****, lowering springs haha what a joke. No hp gains or nothing ahaa I cant imagine any person over 40 buying that kit. Did I mention the additional $1800 in shop time?
Old 04-28-2004, 08:13 AM
Jason Bourne

Since I'm a BMW guy at heart, I'll throw in my 2 cents:

Dinan makes some pretty good stuff. They have great packages like the Dinan ISR3 that are actually very impressive. They also have a great rep in the BMW world because they make good products and they stand by them (Steve Dinan actually has worked out a deal with BMW where all of their upgrades are covered under warranty in combination between BMW and Dinan). A lot of people buy the stuff because of the warranty continuity (nice to supercharge your car and maintain powertrain warranty, isn't it). But the downside is that their costs are pretty damn high even by BMW aftermarket standards.

Having said that, Dinan sells a lot of one-off parts just like any other manufacturer (and they'll sell you the Dinan badge too). So not every car with a Dinan badge on it is necessarily an autobahn burner. Some of them just have a set of swaybars or intake or something and decided to throw on the badge. Some of the full Dinan conversion cars are pretty impressive though.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:26 AM
mofoz

Originally posted by BENJ-AMG
Guys on here know whats going on in the auto world. The only way you torched a Dinan 7 series wouldve been with a molotov cocktail.
Truer words could not have been spoken.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:17 AM
bhk1004

you know i have no idea what Dinan anything does to a bmw... but I beat a Dinan 330ci on the highway... i mean... i wasnt pulling like I was supposed to for any other regular 330 but I was pulling like an inch or so everynow and then.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:20 AM
bhk1004

oh and this was before I had the 75 shot of NOS
Old 04-28-2004, 10:28 AM
BENJ-AMG
Banned

Originally posted by DavesZ#3
Okay, you guys got my curiosity up about these Dinans so I went to their site to check them out. Whoa, what a rip-off. I looked at a couple of their "performance" packages - $3000 to $4000 and all they gained was about 25HP. Maybe I missed some of their "real" high performance modifications but if what I saw was typical they're being ripped off worse than Z owners on expensive mods for a little HP gain.
Yeah I think on the M5 all they do is rework the breathing of the motor. Its already a super-stressed V8 as it is. 8 individual throttles(!) NA making 394hp , but Steve installs a custom airbox and exhaust, and I think some custom headers. The ECU gets remapped and thats about it. One of the bigger magazines did a review on it and they said regardless of the seemingly low HP increase, the Dinan (S12 is the code I think...can't be sure..)had much better tip in on the throttle and was smoother throughout the powerband. I can tell you from personal experience also that the exhaust is bass azz.