Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Pacific Coast Port Strike

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 02:47 PM
daveatrpm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacific Coast Port Strike

Maybe I can get some help here. I am a NC Nissan dealer who has several Z cars on order, and I am doing some research. I am wondering how, if at all, this strike could affect delivery of my Z car orders. My cars arrive at Newport News VA, but I do not know if the routes will be affected or not. ANyone who may know more about how the east coast may be affected please let me know. I have talked with a couple of Nissan folks, and I'm not sure if they can answer my questions or not.

Thanks
Old 10-02-2002, 03:40 PM
daveatrpm

I agree with your assumption, but I am not 100% sure we will not be affected, I hope you and I are right, and everything else will be honky-dory.
Old 10-02-2002, 03:43 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Default Re: Pacific Coast Port Strike

Originally posted by daveatrpm
Maybe I can get some help here. I am a NC Nissan dealer who has several Z cars on order, and I am doing some research. I am wondering how, if at all, this strike could affect delivery of my Z car orders. My cars arrive at Newport News VA, but I do not know if the routes will be affected or not. ANyone who may know more about how the east coast may be affected please let me know. I have talked with a couple of Nissan folks, and I'm not sure if they can answer my questions or not.

Thanks
First things first. In the interest of accuracy in the media -- this is not a 'strike' this is a 'lockout'. Big difference.

Second, the routes that serve the east coast are NOT connected to the routes that serve the west coast, so provided the east & west coast routes use unique boats (that is, they don't share), then there shouldn't be an impact to the east coast.

In my conversations with the folks as DAS in Newark, they said there are no plans to reroute west coast boats east and distribute cars from the east coast. Yet.

In short, you shouldn't see a delay, but it is possible that Nissan may take corrective action to compensate for the west coast delays which may have an as-yet unpredictable effect on the east coast deliveries.

It will be VERY interesting to see how this whole thing pans out.