Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

News on ordering from a Jacksonville dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 08:48 AM
shagz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default News on ordering from a Jacksonville dealer

I happenned to stop by Nissan at the Avenues, primarily to look at a LeMans Sunset w/Orange seats they have sitting on their showroom floor. The car looked stunning, but I'm glad I changed my order to black w/orange seats. The sunset is just not my color, and my wife refused to drive an 'orange' car. She is still bitching about the orange seats though, but she'll get over it.
Anyway, so I asked the saleswoman if I can order a Z, and she told me that they are not taking any more orders till February. She said that all they are filling till Feb will be the preorders. It could be that they have already filled up their allotment for the post preorder stage.
I ordered mine in the first week of September with another dealer here, and according to the salesman, I should look at a late December to January delivery. Does this sound about an OK timeline to you guys ?
Old 10-03-2002, 09:18 AM
westpak
SFZCC

I think that with the current delivery rate the December/January timetable given by your salesman is on the optimistic side, I would expect more like February/March so you are not disappointed.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:49 AM
perk76

I placed a deposit on September 7 and was told a time frame of delivery between late December and early January. After seeing your post I called my sales rep. today to check up on the status. He just told me that the actual order is being placed within the next couple of days and that he thinks they are looking at a December time frame for delivery but he could not confirm that. I don't want to put my hopes up but that makes me feel better. I am currently car pooling to work and renting a car on the weekends so my independence is hurting pretty bad. But I am sucking it up and hoping that the sacrifice will be worth it.

Rick

Silver on Black Touring with Aero.