Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

May 19th... National "Buy No Gas" Day

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 10:28 AM
GvilleZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default May 19th... National "Buy No Gas" Day

I recieved an email early today explaining how we can get the gas companies to reduce the price of gas or else. I know many of you have heard of this before, as I have, but maybe this is worth a shot.

It has been calculated that if everyone in the U.S. would not buy a drop of gas for one day, the oil companies would choke on their stockpiles and be forced to get rid of the oil as quickly, and as cheaply, as possible. At the same time it would hit the industry with a net loss of over 4.6 Billion dollars, which effects the bottom lines of the oil companies.

So May 19, this Wednesday, has been formally declared as "Stick It To Them Day" and the people of this nation should not buy a single drop of gasoline, from anyone, on that day.

If you can, try this and see what happens. It is rather short notice and very doubtful that anything will actually happen, but the way I see it is its worth a try. As we all know gas is becoming outrageous and we the gas buyers must do something to stop it.

Thanks for your time guys.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:54 AM
kitkos

So everyone either buys gas on the 18th or the 20th. They still make their money. For the life of me I can not figure out how this helps.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:55 AM
SteveZzz

That's funny and sounds good at face value, but it really would have ZERO impact. Unless everyone actually stopped driving for a day, the usage of gas really won't change. Effectively, people would just buy twice as much the next day.

Yes, gas prices have really skyrocketed this year. We could debate the reasons why ad nauseum, but the US still has the lowest gas prices in the world and adjusted for inflation gas is lower than it was 10 years ago.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:55 AM
Aggro_Al

Default Re: May 19th... National "Buy No Gas" Day

Originally posted by GvilleZ
I recieved an email early today explaining how we can get the gas companies to reduce the price of gas or else. I know many of you have heard of this before, as I have, but maybe this is worth a shot.

It has been calculated that if everyone in the U.S. would not buy a drop of gas for one day, the oil companies would choke on their stockpiles and be forced to get rid of the oil as quickly, and as cheaply, as possible. At the same time it would hit the industry with a net loss of over 4.6 Billion dollars, which effects the bottom lines of the oil companies.

So May 19, this Wednesday, has been formally declared as "Stick It To Them Day" and the people of this nation should not buy a single drop of gasoline, from anyone, on that day.

If you can, try this and see what happens. It is rather short notice and very doubtful that anything will actually happen, but the way I see it is its worth a try. As we all know gas is becoming outrageous and we the gas buyers must do something to stop it.

Thanks for your time guys.
PLEASE SHOW SOME INTELLIGENCE AND CONSIDERATION AND DON'T POST OR FORWARD THIS TO ANYONE. THIS EMAIL MAKES ITS ROUNDS THIS TIME EVERY YEAR. JUST ON A DIFFERENT DATE. ANYTIME YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL ASKING YOU TO FORWARD OR SHARE THE "CAUSE OF THE MOMENT" OR "MIRACULOUS LUCK" IS A CHAIN LETTER.

BOYCOTTING THE OIL COMPANIES WILL HAVE THE OPPOSITE EFFECT AND FORCE THEM TO RAISE PRICES.

HERE'S THE URBAN LEGEND LINK:
PAIN IN THE GAS
Old 05-17-2004, 08:12 PM
z053ym

What a stupid chain letter!!! Unless nobody used gas that day.. meaning nobody drove.. it would be delaying the inevitable. Thats like buying 2 dollars of gas, very pointless because your going to have to keep gas it is regardless of stopping everyday or filling it up every once in a while.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:26 PM
absolutchi

...the person who wrote that letter has obviously never had a single day of economics....doing this would hurt more than it woudl help and how does doing this for one day help? the increased demand on the next day for those who actually need gas will surely equate the same as if noone even listened to this at all... it's unrealistic unless we're all driving hybrids...
Old 05-17-2004, 11:21 PM
nitrousoxidex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by absolutchi
...the person who wrote that letter has obviously never had a single day of economics....doing this would hurt more than it woudl help and how does doing this for one day help? the increased demand on the next day for those who actually need gas will surely equate the same as if noone even listened to this at all... it's unrealistic unless we're all driving hybrids...
Hahaha...hybrids
Old 05-19-2004, 06:48 AM
FairladyZ