Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

A dream come true (8:30-1 with a Z)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 04:26 AM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another great post. The kind that make this forum worth the time. Not more wading through all of the back and forth messages speculating about things that will be resolved completely in a few weeks. Here we have a very experienced driver telling us what we really want to know - How the car feels to drive. THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

And He Likes It!! I was having problems waiting before. Now it's impossible.
Old 06-12-2002, 06:46 AM
3rdpower

Default You know...

You guys really rock. Brings a tear to my eye man...

I WANT MY Z!
Old 06-12-2002, 07:54 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Wink

Doug & Jim...Thanks for the great info!

What more could we ask for?

Oh Yes... HP & 0-60 times !
Old 06-12-2002, 08:20 AM
futuredeadguy

Default follow-up

Glad to see the info has helped with your wait.

Touring6 - thanks for your kind comments. Thanks to you, I may try to change careers AGAIN! (Wife loading shotgun).....

Dan, no need to own a Z to join MTZC. If you like fun and like Zs, we like you.

J Ritt. I didn't pay attention to the rear view in particular (I didn't notice the strut bar, etc), but it would have jumped out at me if there was a problem. I'm pretty picky about the view in the mirrors, myself.

USMA71 - special thanks for your comments. There are a lot of people out there that have a lot of time and effort invested in the Z movement. I guarantee that they appreciate your comments, too. Bravo!

I have, so far, declined to name the writers and magazine people involved in this weekend's work. Here's a shot of the photographer at work. I'd like to express our sincere thanks to the magazine guys for doing what they do.

Check this guy out as he is lying in gravel. His name is Tim - he's from England. This shot pretty well sums up their efforts. Covering new cars for magazines is clearly not as glamourous as the rest of us think, but actually involves a lot of work, waiting around, driving routes repeatedly in excruciating heat and cold, and making sure all the questions are answered, and even lying in gravel.

To Georg, Tim, Joe & Ben - if you read this - thanks for including us in your work. We had a blast.

Jim Leutgens
Middle Tennessee Z Club - Nashville
Attached Thumbnails A dream come true (8:30-1 with a Z)-timphoto.jpg  
Old 06-12-2002, 09:11 AM
brackethead

Default THE MOTHER OF ALL THREADS

This is THE MOTHER OF ALL THREADS!

I can't thank you guys enough. You are very lucky, but living vicariously through you is almost as good.

VandyZ/Adam -- muchas gracias for the pics! The interior shots are great and so are your comments.

futuredeadguy/Jim -- thanks tremendously for sharing your experience and your impressions. This is beyond awesome.

Doug -- also thanks sooo much for your posts! I want to ride with you one day! But you need an alias upgrade, something other than "Doug Stewart." I suggest "nofear," "hairpin king" or how about "idontneednostinkinVDC"!
Old 06-12-2002, 10:35 AM
JamieH

Default VDC

I'm assuming the handling control you are referring to is the VDC on the performance and up models correct? I ordered an enthusiast which doesn't have that option. Is VDC plus the 18" wheels really worth the $2K? I was pretty sure that I would turn off VDC anyway, as I don't want the computer thinking for me, but from the description above it sounds like they really did it right.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:52 AM
john0213

Default Re: follow-up

Originally posted by futuredeadguy
Glad to see the info has helped with your wait.

Touring6 - thanks for your kind comments. Thanks to you, I may try to change careers AGAIN! (Wife loading shotgun).....

Dan, no need to own a Z to join MTZC. If you like fun and like Zs, we like you.

J Ritt. I didn't pay attention to the rear view in particular (I didn't notice the strut bar, etc), but it would have jumped out at me if there was a problem. I'm pretty picky about the view in the mirrors, myself.

USMA71 - special thanks for your comments. There are a lot of people out there that have a lot of time and effort invested in the Z movement. I guarantee that they appreciate your comments, too. Bravo!

I have, so far, declined to name the writers and magazine people involved in this weekend's work. Here's a shot of the photographer at work. I'd like to express our sincere thanks to the magazine guys for doing what they do.

Check this guy out as he is lying in gravel. His name is Tim - he's from England. This shot pretty well sums up their efforts. Covering new cars for magazines is clearly not as glamourous as the rest of us think, but actually involves a lot of work, waiting around, driving routes repeatedly in excruciating heat and cold, and making sure all the questions are answered, and even lying in gravel.

To Georg, Tim, Joe & Ben - if you read this - thanks for including us in your work. We had a blast.

Jim Leutgens
Middle Tennessee Z Club - Nashville
don't u guys think the man in the picture had a position like Rose in Titanic? lol~ just kidding
Old 06-12-2002, 02:47 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Doug, if you're still out there: When you refer to the "handling control" in your post above, do you mean the VDC or the Traction control?
Old 06-12-2002, 05:04 PM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thank You

I just wanted to extend a HUGE thank you to the Middle Tennessee Z Club - Nashville guys for all your great posts! I REALLY appreciate reading about all of your impressions!

THANKS AGAIN!

Ethan
New Jersey Z Car Club
Old 06-12-2002, 09:46 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
Doug, if you're still out there: When you refer to the "handling control" in your post above, do you mean the VDC or the Traction control?
Dr Bonz,

Per Doug's post, you might have to wait a long while for his answer.

From his description (i.e. sharp turn), he meant VDC: skid control and correction during tight turn when the car going sideway. Traction control is limiting wheel spin on icy or snowy road. Hope this help while you wait for Doug's answer.
Old 06-13-2002, 01:05 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Touring. That's what I thought he meant. I plan on keeping the traction OFF unless in bad weather. I had always planned on keeping the VDC ON and after reading his post, I'm even more confident that I will. Sounds like a potential lifesaver.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:17 PM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmmmmmmm....

The old days...

The days we didn't know ANYTHING about the car...

Let's all give VandyZ MAD points for starting this one... I wish I had been around to read it... I wasn't Evil then... that was back in my good days before I drove Nissans.

Last edited by PhoenixINX; 02-27-2003 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:51 PM
rouxeny

Man, this thread was really dug up from the old archives.

I do remember it.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:00 PM
tbcz

Ahhh, the good old days. Seems so long ago...