Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

A dream come true (8:30-1 with a Z)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 07:21 AM
BrianZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VandyZ

Any idea what that handle behind the seat is?
Old 06-10-2002, 08:52 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

Great pics and info!! The weight on the door jamb is usually the GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) and is the maximum allowable weight, fully loaded. So 3800 lbs is the most you're supposed to load the car to, but it doesn't really help us much with the curb weight.
Old 06-10-2002, 02:27 PM
JamieH

Default Question

Ok VandyZ, as a convertible owner, you can help me out here.

I am totally torn between grabbing one of the first Z's or waiting till next year to get a convertible model. Since you own a Mustang convertible, can I ask you what made you decide to grab one of the hardtop Z's and not wait for the convertible model?
Old 06-10-2002, 04:07 PM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is still not certain that Nissan will produce a convertible. I like the convertible, however it is loud when cruising at highway speeds. This may be a ford thing but I have experienced the same with other soft tops. Price is also a concern for me as well, I dont think I would pay the extra 3-5K for a new convertible.
Old 06-10-2002, 06:21 PM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

Default good description..."mail slot"

This is funny

I believe NAV unit goes in there...like it was mentioned before.

I am planning to put my 6 disc changer there...not a bad place.
Old 06-10-2002, 06:46 PM
Todd

However, are there 1 or 2 of those slots? It looks like 2, so maybe only one will have the NAVI in it.
Old 06-10-2002, 07:16 PM
HEUGE
Charter Member #40

Wow, Vandy, great posts... nice pics...

The thing that I really liked about your pics is that you showed so much more of the interior than anyone else so-far.

It seems that the six disk changer might be designed to live in the middle back crevice.

It's strange that there is a locking compartment behind the passenger seat, but none behind the driver's seat. (lower back storage)

https://my350z.com/photos/sunset/vandyz005.html

Someone else had mentioned that in the touring Z's, that a subwoofer would be fitted there, but that has not yet been seen. Perhaps the plastic piece is temporary.

Of course comparing your photos with KAhmed79's photos bring about an interesting question. This car could have been developed actually for the Japanese market as much as NNA would love to tell us that it was really for the US. By KAhmed79's picture at:

http://www.aacarclub.com/gallery/350z/abb?full=1

You can see the 350z sitting next to a red 1993/4 Ford PGT. The Probe was developed as a left-hand drive US vehicle, and because of that the rear fuel door was situated on the driver's side as well as the windshield wiper arm. If you look at the 350z, it's completely reversed (passenger side).

If you were the driver of the 350z, perhaps you would want a sub thumping your back, but it would make more sense to have storage right behind your own seat for a laptop/bag, rather than having to walk around the car to get to it from the passenger side.

I was hoping that KAhmed would post more pics of both the 350z and the PGT to compare.
Old 06-10-2002, 07:46 PM
infinite z

Thanks for the pics VandyZ, nice job, you lucky bastard!

Question for ya- Do you think hockey sticks will fit in the car somehow? I know you said the golf bag wouldn't fit with the drivers, but what if they weren't in the bag? Like if you had them wedged over the top of the middle of the seats, and back underneath the strut brace? What do you think? Thanks! This is imperitive to me getting this car, so I hope they'll fit.
Old 06-10-2002, 09:11 PM
VandyZ

infinite z, Boy that’s a tough one. I think we should both patent the folding golf club / hockey stick. Doesn’t also depend on how tall you are, something like 3" under your chin for correct length?
Anyway I think if you adjust the passenger seat just right and lay the sticks at an angle with the blade towards the front it might fit. Give me some 1/24 scale dimensions and I will make one out of a tooth pick and will place in my model. Something similar was done with the golf clubs earlier.
Old 06-10-2002, 09:14 PM
infinite z

Hehe wow 1/24 scale, huh? I'll have to work on that. But I'm 5' 9", and my stick comes up to my bottom lip/top of my chin, so maybe it's a little over 5' long. I would think it would also have to angle into the passenger seat, with the blade in the seat. If not, what do you think about it laying along the passenger doorside? My buddy with an integra had his like that. Man if this doesn't fit, I really can't get this car. I'm pretty sure it will though, just not very conveniently. Thanks for the reply!
Old 06-10-2002, 09:18 PM
roberto350z

the lathc on the seat is to open up a storage place that is behind the seat inthe seat back. I think ZISME said it could hold papers or maybe even a lap top. The passenger side makes plenty of sense, cuz then y0u can get it while you are in the car. Perhaps a seat forward button will be close to the driver. Likewise fo the compartment behind the seat in the body. You dont want to have to bend down and get it if its all behind the drivers seat. that would be more of a pain imo
Old 06-10-2002, 09:20 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cool

Hey Heuge...I believe the six CD changer is in dash
Old 06-10-2002, 09:26 PM
Z CRAZY
Charter Member #67

All those buttons on the rear view mirror: Are they just for homelink (i.e., garage door opener)? Or is there a compass in the rear view mirror?
Old 06-10-2002, 09:27 PM
VandyZ

It definitely will not go in the doorside. Right behind the seat is a "wall" if you will. That will be a hard angle to overcome. Look at pic 7 and pic 20. Those show the wall behind the seat. Maybe if you do place the blade end of the stick in the driver's rear corner and have the butt go towards the passenger seat it may be better. That way there is a better angle for the shaft to clear some of that wall. Maybe some photoshop experts can do something for you. Your problem is definitely more difficult than mine.
Old 06-10-2002, 09:32 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Originally posted by AudioPat
Hey Heuge...I believe the six CD changer is in dash
AudioPat,

I thought the six disc CD changer are for Touring model only.
Old 06-10-2002, 09:37 PM
VandyZ

I dont remember a compass. There were 3 homelink buttons (1,2, and garage) and 2 buttons for the auto dimming mirror. I did not look at the mirror while the car was on.
Old 06-10-2002, 11:15 PM
infinite z

VandyZ-

Yup, I looked closer at those pics, and you're right, it won't go along the door. I'm thinking that worst case scenario, if the angled wedge doesn't work, is just having the sticks go through the middle of the car, with the butt ends coming out over the center console. Would be akward, but at least It won't keep me from getting the car!

Quick Reply: A dream come true (8:30-1 with a Z)