Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan service sucks?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002 | 02:05 PM
z461

Default Nissan service sucks?

What have been all your opinions of Nissan service in your general area? I've found Nissan service around Los Angeles just sucks in general...I think for the Z they should just send us out to Infiniti if we ever need service, it's not 10 times better but still better than Nissan. It just feels weird pulling up to a dealership in a Z with all these 1989 Sentras and 1993 Quest minivans also getting serviced. I guess that's how Acura NSX owners feel when they go and get their Acura's serviced, word is that Acura service is pretty much equal to Honda's.
Old 10-09-2002 | 02:11 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Default Couldn't disagree more

I couldn't disagree with you more on this topic. But I will concede that I am a beneficiary of having a GREAT dealership to go to.

My dealership has a long history with the Z car, and is well known throughout the area as the foremost dealership for Z cars and any repair work, mods, etc, that can be done to them.

I have absolute faith in my service department, and will be VERY happy to bring my car to them for years and years. (and I NEVER have to worry about some punk kid scorching the tires on my Z. These guys are trustworthy).
Old 10-09-2002 | 02:29 PM
InternetABYSS

nissan motor company has been nothing short than awesome with all my problems....the dealer on the other had has been...subpar...but expected.
Old 10-09-2002 | 02:37 PM
350zSpeedRacer

Originally posted by InternetABYSS
nissan motor company has been nothing short than awesome with all my problems....the dealer on the other had has been...subpar...but expected.
Which dealer do you go to?
Old 10-09-2002 | 02:52 PM
rodmanj

When I was located in San Diego, I was very pleased with Mossy Nissan in El Cajon, Car was alwas ready on time, Personel remembered your name, and never went over price quoted. Service personel always did a review of what they did, and what is going on with your car.
Old 10-09-2002 | 02:53 PM
rcamooso

Default Re: Couldn't disagree more

Originally posted by NSANY
I couldn't disagree with you more on this topic. But I will concede that I am a beneficiary of having a GREAT dealership to go to.

My dealership has a long history with the Z car, and is well known throughout the area as the foremost dealership for Z cars and any repair work, mods, etc, that can be done to them.

I have absolute faith in my service department, and will be VERY happy to bring my car to them for years and years. (and I NEVER have to worry about some punk kid scorching the tires on my Z. These guys are trustworthy).
I'm also in NJ what dealership do you go to?
Old 10-09-2002 | 05:46 PM
westpak
SFZCC
Premier Member

I think that it comes down to the individuals, on one hand my sales side experience was a pain in the a$$ and I was apprehensive about having to go to the service department but I have to say that it is like night and day with them, the service director is a Z enthusiast and the technicians I dealt with were very into the car and treated like I do, it just a mater of luck I think. And it doesn't help that most of our visits so far have been for warranty issues which have you already on edge.
Old 10-09-2002 | 06:01 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Default Re: Re: Couldn't disagree more

Originally posted by rcamooso
I'm also in NJ what dealership do you go to?
O'Brien Nissan, Hawthorne, NJ.
Family owned and operated since the last Ice Age.
The best in the business, beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Old 10-09-2002 | 06:27 PM
jhchan

I have had 2 bad dealers as far as service. Johnson Nissan in NY and Fireside Nissan in MA.

The sales and mangement at Johnson in NY was top notch but not so for service. They took several try's to get things fixed on my brand new 2000 Sentra SE. Had a problem with the trunk, back seat had to be replaced, paint problems. In each case it took at least 2 trys for them to get it right and only after I noticed blatant incomplete or bad work which they tried to pass off on me. These things really were a joke. I had the back seat replaced and got it back with a 1-2 inch gap (or should I say gaping hole!) where the seat folds (which should be flush). Replaced the trunk rods which didn't work right. They but in the wrong rods and the trunk opened with VERY excessive force (which prob would have caused damage after a while). This they would have noticed if they bothered opening the darn trunk! I could go on but I'll stop.

Service at Fireside has been horrible but I think they are getting better after myself and some co-workers had horror stories (waiting for 3hrs when promised 1, not keeping appointments, shady service reps etc..) it seems to be getting better. I have not yet dealt with sales at this dealership.

Can anyone recommend a good dealer (sales and/or service) in the Boston and South Shore area? I haven't had experience with any others. Thanks all.
Old 10-09-2002 | 07:36 PM
Zterritory

My experience has been that service depends on the dealership. Back when I had my Z cars, I had a few bad experiences before I found a good dealership. I lived in Queens, and brought my 300ZX in for brakes to a dealership that no longer exists (hmm, I wonder why?). After they gave me back my car, I left the dealership and drove up the block. I tried to stop at the stop sign, but had no brakes! I pumped them up and brought it right back. They bled the brakes. This happened several times, with the brakes getting better each time, but never being as good as they had been. I brought it to a dealership in Long Island, and they thought I had gone to a no-name auto shop. They couldn't believe I had been to a Nissan dealer.
Old 10-09-2002 | 10:58 PM
z461

Hmm..so I guess the general concensus is that if you have a good dealership you're allright, otherwise you're screwed. I wonder why in SoCal esp. in Los Angeles we're screwed with such bad dealerships. I guess i really am spoiled with Lexus?