Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z police stories

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 10:13 AM
Zterritory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Z police stories

From the looks of his photo album, JmanZ ran into a little police trouble. Whether it's just from the stunning looks of the Z or its willing engine, the Z historically has courted attention from the police. Put your best Z police stories here!

I'll start with an old one, since I don't have the new Z yet. Many moons ago, I was traveling with a friend of mine on the Connecticut turnpike in my black 1979 280ZX. It was about 2 am, the road was completely clear, but it was dark and slightly foggy out.

In order to maintain my speed, which was about 90 mph, I was partially straddling the lane marker (I think there were 2 lanes going in my direction -- the lanes going in the opposite direction were separated by grass and trees). At some point we passed what looked like a car sitting in the median. The radar detector stayed silent, and the car remained motionless. I waited until we were a mile away before I breathed a sigh of relief.

A few more minutes went by. Suddenly red lights burst into view a few yards behind me. I never even saw him coming. I think he caught up to me without using his headlights! I pulled over and he asked me if I had been drinking at all. I guessed right away that he was asking me that because I had been straddling the lane marker, so I told him that I had not been drinking, and that I had been keeping the lane marker in my headlights because it was the only way for me to maintain my speed under the current conditions.

He was one of the cool cops who appreciate it when you're honest with them and don't give them a hard time, so he only wrote me up for doing 74.

Old 10-10-2002, 10:17 AM
rockit

This happened about 3 days after I got my Z and a cop pulls me over whenI was doing 63 on a 55 hwy, and I was thinking, NO WAY!!! So he comes over and I said 'I didn't think I was speeding sir' so he laughs, and goes 'I know, I just wanted to say what a nice car' ... I was like 'WHAT?!?!? YOU GAVE ME A HEARTATTACK FOR THAT?!?!?!' so he walks around, takes a look, asks me where I got it from, when, how much blah blah, then goes 'great ride, drive safely' and left.

All the while, the people zooming by me were snickering ... pretty funny stuff.

--rockit

PS: For those in the DC area, this happened on 270 S, near exit 4/5.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:22 AM
350zSpeedRacer

This was a time I was driving back to college from my dad's. I was making GREAT time in my Camaro SS (drive from my dad's to Texas A&M takes about three hours, I made it in 2.25 hours!!)

It was early in the morning, so nobody was on the road, so I'm flying at about 125. On the other side of the highway is a cop. As I fly by him, he slams on the brakes and busts through the median to come after me. I figure, it's gonna take a bit for him to catch up with me (and the radar detecter did not go off), so I speed up, took an exit that had a gas station close by, and quickly pulled in behind a big rig.

I got out of the car, went inside the gas station, browsing and as soon as I saw the cop car fly by, I bought a drink, got in my car and left.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:57 AM
SandMan

It's not a Z, but I was driving a 2002 Honda S2K. I was going down Francis Lewis BLVD (notoriously known for drag racing). Anyways I was going 53 in a 30-35, I wasn't thinking twice, and I didn't have my Valentine-1. He was using his Lasergun, and was parked between a couple cars, so it was hard to spot the car until it was too late. I come around the curve and I see some guy on the side of the road flagging me down. I am like **** I can't get a speeding ticket now, I am gonna get my Z and I don't need to pay more insurance than I have to. So I pull over. He comes over with a glare in his eyes, he looks like he REALLY wants to bust my ***. He says firmly 'Do you know what the speed limit is? And do you know how fast you were going?' Then he tells me 'License, registation, and insurance.' So I am thinking I am so busted. I take out my wallet to show him my license. Then I take out the license from the wallet and he sees my PBA card (Patrolman's Beneficiary Association). He asks me where I got the PBA card from and I told him it was from my Dad's friend (who was a cop). Then he looks at me with piercing eyes. Then he tells me 'Tell your dad's friend thanks, and SLOW DOWN!' I look at my cousin with disbelief and drive off. I was still trying to comprehend what just happened. My cousin was laughing his **** off and tells me I am a lucky bastard, and I was. I go back to my grandma's birthday party and tell everyone what happened. They all were just laughing. And my cousin was asking her dad if he could get her one of these badboys. LOL.
Old 10-10-2002, 11:04 AM
I want a 350Z

Originally posted by SandMan
It's not a Z, but I was driving a 2002 Honda S2K. I was going down Francis Lewis BLVD (notoriously known for drag racing). Anyways I was going 53 in a 30-35, I wasn't thinking twice, and I didn't have my Valentine-1. He was using his Lasergun, and was parked between a couple cars, so it was hard to spot the car until it was too late. I come around the curve and I see some guy on the side of the road flagging me down. I am like **** I can't get a speeding ticket now, I am gonna get my Z and I don't need to pay more insurance than I have to. So I pull over. He comes over with a glare in his eyes, he looks like he REALLY wants to bust my ***. He says firmly 'Do you know what the speed limit is? And do you know how fast you were going?' Then he tells me 'License, registation, and insurance.' So I am thinking I am so busted. I take out my wallet to show him my license. Then I take out the license from the wallet and he sees my PBA card (Patrolman's Beneficiary Association). He asks me where I got the PBA card from and I told him it was from my Dad's friend (who was a cop). Then he looks at me with piercing eyes. Then he tells me 'Tell your dad's friend thanks, and SLOW DOWN!' I look at my cousin with disbelief and drive off. I was still trying to comprehend what just happened. My cousin was laughing his **** off and tells me I am a lucky bastard, and I was. I go back to my grandma's birthday party and tell everyone what happened. They all were just laughing. And my cousin was asking her dad if he could get her one of these badboys. LOL.
How do you get one of those anyway?
Old 10-10-2002, 11:25 AM
dc350z

Cool

Saturday morning cruise down PCH, through Malibu. I'm in the right lane, 3 cars down on the fast lane is a Cruiser, City of Malibu.
Just wanted to keep my distance and not do anything stupid when they start waiving me to step on it, and catch up with them!

So I did, and they start asking a thousand questions about the car, we're having this conversation at 45MPH for a good mile. And then we stop at the red light, no cars in front of us.
I couldn't believe it, the cop driving starts revving his engine and is smiling back at me. I was really funny, almost surreal.
He peels rubber and takes off, but the motor sounded real tired.

For a second there, I was thinking "Man I could have smoked him soo bad", it was really tempting, but I didn't want to play with fire!
Old 10-10-2002, 12:09 PM
SandMan

Originally posted by I want a 350Z
How do you get one of those anyway?
You gotta know someone on the force, and I think donations help you get one. But not too sure, all I know is he is one of my dad's friends.
Old 10-10-2002, 02:37 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

My girlfriend works for LAPD, but I'm always pondering what I'd tell the cop if he pulled me over. I have the LAPD captain's business card, but what would I do, whip it out and flash it like some 'get out of jail free' card? If I were a cop, I'd take offense to that and give the ticket anyway.

Having it 'slip' out of my wallet while I reach for my license is obviously not an option... lol

Any ideas?
Old 10-10-2002, 03:05 PM
Old Skooler

Damn, I need one of those cards....

At any rate, here's MY story:

I'm driving my Sentra (yeah yeah, it's not a Z, but it's a Nissan, close enough dammit :P) back from Austin to Fort Hood, and I'm going about 90 in a 65 when a cop on the other side sees me. I look in my rearview and see him slow down and cross over the grass island to nab me. I'm thinkin', "F*CK this, I can't get another ticket now!!!" (I was married at the time...and always got HELL from her when I got a ticket) so I'm like "F*ck it!" and I step on it! I see an exit come up real quick and take it. There's no gas stations or nothing, it's just a crappy access road exit. So I take it, and cruise down about 1000 feet so the treeline blocks me, passing the entrance ramp while I'm at it. So I'm sitting there waiting to see the cop fly by, slowly drudging along at about 5 mph...waiting to see him, when I look in my rearview and see him!! <i>The cop came up the ENTRANCE ramp and was looking for me!!</i> He thought he'd catch me sitting there, but I had passed him already! All he had to do was look in HIS rearview and he woulda seen me!!! Of course, I promptly **** my pants and start stepping on the accelerator on this rinky dink access road, when out of nowhere this big redneck truck comes off of the highway THROUGH the grass and stops right in front of me flashing his headlights and shaking his finger!!! I'm like, "oh, F*CK YOU, pal...", flick him off, and swing around to the right of him and just floor it. He actually tries to stay with me, and I know the 92 Sentra ain't no racer or nothing but dammit it can fly when it has too and I ended up doing about 120 down this freakin' access road and passing through a stop sign at 100 MPH! (I could see that it was clear so I only slowed a little bit) Long story short I lost the truck, took the backroads back home, and my ex-wife still doesn't know that story to this day. Yeah yeah, reckless and all that, but I was only 23 and you only live once, dammit.
Old 10-10-2002, 03:48 PM
SandMan

Originally posted by zxsaint
My girlfriend works for LAPD, but I'm always pondering what I'd tell the cop if he pulled me over. I have the LAPD captain's business card, but what would I do, whip it out and flash it like some 'get out of jail free' card? If I were a cop, I'd take offense to that and give the ticket anyway.

Having it 'slip' out of my wallet while I reach for my license is obviously not an option... lol

Any ideas?
LOL!! Well that's one way. I have a wallet with a "window" where I put the license. But instead of having my license on the top, I have the PBA card there. My license is under that. So when they watch me take my license out of the wallet they will have a good look at the PBA card. But I wasn't really flashing it to him. He just saw it and asked me. So I guess it also depends on what kind cop you get pulling you over.
Old 10-10-2002, 04:59 PM
Old Skooler

Oh, I've gotten an ASSLOAD of tickets! I just thought the evasion story would be more interesting!
Old 10-10-2002, 05:33 PM
LA-Z

Hey new guy, what are you 10???
Old 10-11-2002, 11:32 PM

's Avatar

Next best thing to being a police officer is to work in the crime lab and get to know all of them.