Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Sigh... idiot runs 4-way stop; trashes my Z

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 02:46 PM
levar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Sigh... idiot runs 4-way stop; trashes my Z

I knew it was bound to happen... drivers in Miami are just awful in general, and in addition to that I've seen people run this exact stop sign before.

Excuse me, but I need to vent a bit...
My bro and I were enroute to get my front right wheel fixed in preparation for the tire feathering TSB. I serviced my car last week (7500 miles) and everything went well except for the feathering fix: Due to a damaged/bent front right wheel, the mechanics said that setting the proper alignment could be a problem (BS?). So, we thought we could get that taken care of today... I was driving on a 17" temporary front replacement.

My bro was driving the Z and we were about a mile from my house at a 4-way stop. The intersection was clear; he stopped, gave a good look left/right (clear) and began accelerating. He was about 1/4 thru the intersection, going straight. Suddenly, he looked left and noticed a car coming at us full speed (30-35mph in 30 zone), as if the stop sign didn't even exist. There was not a single move he could make at this point to avoid some collison. He slammed on the brakes and turned right right as fast as he could to avoid lateral impact, but the idiot didn't do a thing but slam on her brakes and hit us at about 20mph, in the front left quarter. She took off everything forward of the front wheels...

The ***** lied to the police and tried to blame my brother, saying HE ran the stop sign. But, thankfully she left a wonderful 30ft line of skid marks leading into our car. Also, a witness showed up and claimed she blatantly ran the stop sign. The officer arrived at the conclusion that it was her fault and thus she was charged with the ticket.

Pics :-(
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/commun...pid=215042&ck=

Do you guys think that the car should be structurally sound after repairs? ie no frame damage? When the engine is running, the fan is obstructed by something and makes a terrible noise when it's spinning, as if it's hitting something. The radiator shifted over the right about 4-5 inches...

Last edited by levar; 07-02-2004 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:01 PM
wick3d350Z

id kill that **** ...sorry to hear that man...id go for total it..cause its not worth have a car you know that is wrecked...fight it
Old 07-02-2004, 03:02 PM
wick3d350Z

w00t my grammar owns j00
Old 07-02-2004, 03:03 PM
ZRoadsterClub

bummer dude...too bad the other guy's car only has a minor ding.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:20 PM
Montez

That sucks it sad that alot of peoples first instinct is to lie when something like that happens and you have a witness and that skid mark. That looks bad but not "total" bad, it will be a few thousand to fix.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:26 PM
marhot

My sympathies, man. Doesn’t look too bad (structurally). Doesn’t seem to have hit the wheels, I’m I correct? I would still have the alignment checked while it is in for repairs.

Hey look on the bright side; you can get started on you mods now with a new front-end.

(I like the Vertex bumper. http://www.autocarparts.com/part/1190/0)

Good luck, again, sorry.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:31 PM
EL Diablo

your car doesnt look like it's totalled. I've seen worse that wasnt totalled.

hopefully you have an excellent body shop working on the car.

You should never be able to tell anything happened if the shop is a good one.

Good Luck
Old 07-02-2004, 04:51 PM
Lerxst

I'm sorry, I couldn't find the pics of you slapping that lying biotch upside the head...

I almost wrecked my baby due to other driver's stupidity today (LOVE THEM BREMBOS!!!), so I almost felt your pain.

It looks painful, but fixable. Get your baby a nice new after-market front... it deserves it!
Old 07-02-2004, 04:57 PM
levar

Originally posted by marhot
My sympathies, man. Doesn’t look too bad (structurally). Doesn’t seem to have hit the wheels, I’m I correct? I would still have the alignment checked while it is in for repairs.

Hey look on the bright side; you can get started on you mods now with a new front-end.

(I like the Vertex bumper. http://www.autocarparts.com/part/1190/0)

Good luck, again, sorry.

Thankfully she missed the wheels. The impact was directed at the front left quarter panel.

I'll look into aftermarket bumpers
Thanks
Old 07-02-2004, 05:08 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear that. Good luck with everything.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:07 PM
synth19

Good luck man, I hate lying bitches...good thing the evidence was in your favor.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:27 PM
nitrousoxidex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah. The same incident almost happened to me today. I was at the intersection turning left when the green arrow was still there then I was almost through crossing when this 5 series beemer comes straight at me around 35-40mph and good thing this car had some power so I floored it and got out. It was only like 2ft left between me and him, If this car didnt have as much power, I woulda been hit. Damn bastard didn't even brake.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:46 PM
cwerdna

Ouch. It's bit disconcerting for me since mine is also a DB. It's likely not totalled, but I think I I saw the air filter in picture 113. Err, if that's the case, maybe it's not a good idea to run your engine w/o proper filtration. You might end up getting debris sucked in there which would mean your engine would be toast.

My friend who got into an accident w/his RX-8 (his fault, didn't see a red light and so another car hit him) had about $15-16K in damage so his car wasn't totalled. For him, his front suspension was basically destroyed cuz it impacted his wheel and I think he needed a new quarter panel. His hood and door either got replaced or fixed, I forget.

Last edited by cwerdna; 07-02-2004 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-02-2004, 10:21 PM
jreiter

Originally posted by wick3d350Z
id go for total it..cause its not worth have a car you know that is wrecked...fight it

Nah, that's probably not necessary. If there is no frame damage and it can all be fixed by just replacing parts, it should be repairable to the point of him not even noticing. Should drive like new!
Old 07-02-2004, 10:36 PM
theonetheonly

Sorry man... Good Luck with everything.
Old 07-03-2004, 12:15 AM
Jsn350Z

Man, I was sitting at a light waiting for it to turn green, minding my own buisness to go to work ( in my legend that has no scratches, dents, or dings )

Well There was a truck in front of me, then me, then a car behind me, all of us stopped, waiting for the light. All of a sudden a camery piles into the car behind me, which makes that car smash into me, which makes me smash into the car in front of me. ( Lady also lied and tried to put it off on the person in front of her )

This was just two days ago. Also not to long ago someone had backed into my Z in a parking lot. People are just morons.

Sorry about your Z, and make sure you do your research and find a good shop! I wouldnt just take it to one of your insurance companys reccomended shops without looking into it first. Talk to people, talk to high end dealerships and see where they have their work done at, ect. For instance if you go to Los Gatos ,Ferrari/ Silicon Valley Bently in my area they will lead you to white oaks autobody in Campbell CA. And you know any shop that has an account with a dealership like that does a good job.

Best of luck to you.
Old 07-03-2004, 12:46 AM
levar

Originally posted by Jsn350Z
Man, I was sitting at a light waiting for it to turn green, minding my own buisness to go to work ( in my legend that has no scratches, dents, or dings )

Well There was a truck in front of me, then me, then a car behind me, all of us stopped, waiting for the light. All of a sudden a camery piles into the car behind me, which makes that car smash into me, which makes me smash into the car in front of me. ( Lady also lied and tried to put it off on the person in front of her )

This was just two days ago. Also not to long ago someone had backed into my Z in a parking lot. People are just morons.

Sorry about your Z, and make sure you do your research and find a good shop! I wouldnt just take it to one of your insurance companys reccomended shops without looking into it first. Talk to people, talk to high end dealerships and see where they have their work done at, ect. For instance if you go to Los Gatos ,Ferrari/ Silicon Valley Bently in my area they will lead you to white oaks autobody in Campbell CA. And you know any shop that has an account with a dealership like that does a good job.

Best of luck to you.
Damn, sorry to hear about that pile up accident. What really irks me about my accident is that much like that pile up, it played out slow and there wasn't much you could do to avoid it. So agonizing... I remember looking over and seeing her coming into us from about 20 feet away, then yelling out "Noooooooooooo!" right before impact.

as far as body shops I took it to the best place I know of. They're perfectionists and I routinely see Porsches, Ferraris, and classics getting worked on. I'm hoping that my Z will run perfectly again... I really don't want to get another Z; the break in is torture
Old 07-03-2004, 04:31 AM
jj1814

I cant see your pics because you have exceeded your bandwidth, but I am sad to read about your car's misfortune.

I wonder why it is our natural instinct to screech to a halt, instead of peel the hell up outta the psycho's way?

Any way they can get her for lying to a police officer?
Old 07-03-2004, 06:31 AM
marhot

Originally posted by Jsn350Z
People are just morons.
Yeah, the Z is a moron magnet.

It’s amazing all the stories I’ve read on this site about wreaks and near wrecks. I was almost was hit last night. A moron in a SUV was changing lanes on the interstate, he was pulling over and didn’t look. I’ve gotten into the habit of watching out for these morons.

One has to be the ultimate defensive driver in the Z. If you drive a Z you can’t enjoy the ride for always having to look out for all the idiots out there.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:19 AM
FairladyZ

sucks, but glad you are okay.

Quick Reply: Sigh... idiot runs 4-way stop; trashes my Z