2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

you guys are funny man

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 07:33 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default you guys are funny man

hehe I swear from all the threads I've been reading a lot of you have said one of these things at one point or another:

at a stop light. Guy pulls up next to you with a girl in the front seat. She looks at your car. When you look at her, she turns away. Automatically this means the girl totally loves your car and must be thinking of ditching what automatically must be her boyfriend to get with you. She keeps looking away cause the guy has this what must be his "jealous" face on. Nevermind that it could just be a guy and a coworker or his sister or whatever and she keeps looking away because she thinks it's rude to stare.

You're driving down the street and decide to have some fun and floor it. Anyone who was walking on the sidewalk looks at you and it must be because they're in love with your car and wish they were driving your Z. Nevermind that when you floor it, the Z's loud exhaust makes people instictivly look at what is making that loud noise. You could've been a Van for all they know before seeing you.

There's all sorts of cars that perform better than the Z and are more fun or even cost less sometimes. But when this is the case, none of those cars matter cause the Z is so sexy.

You're on the freeway changing lanes. The car that's in that lane slows down to let you in. It must be because they want to look at the sexy Z

Now say that same car doesn't slow down and steps on it a little to keep up with you. Automatically it's a compliment because he's like trying to race you with his obviously inferior car which must mean he respects your car because it's a Z.

A viper wants to race you at a stoplight. This is a compliment to your car because the viper must think the Z is fast.

A honda civic wants to race you at a stoplight. This is a complement to your car because the civic driver obviously must know he can't take on a Z, but it's still amusing.

suddenly the main reason any girl wants you now must be because you drive a Z

you're driving thru a parking lot to go to a movie. You decide to rev your engine. Suddenly everyone is looking at you. It must be because they're jealous and your Z sounds so good.

Someone steels your license plate. They must've been jealouzzz of your sweet ride

hehe
Old 07-28-2004, 07:39 PM
Masterfulks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds reasonable to me
Old 07-28-2004, 07:48 PM
Zcool

How about the guy I caught circling my parked Z Roadster with a video camera filming away? Was he oniy exercising his legs or testing his new video cam? I think, NOT. He was just a normal guy with a terrific esthetic sense and knew a work of beauty when he saw it. I won't go so far as to claim that he was "jealous" since that is a very strong emotion and one that couldn't be determined by his behavior but I would say that he proabably was wishing that he had such a beautiful car.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:01 AM
R.J._Vancouver

Default Re: you guys are funny man

Originally posted by sentry65
hehe I swear from all the threads I've been reading a lot of you have said one of these things at one point or another:

at a stop light. Guy pulls up next to you with a girl in the front seat. She looks at your car. When you look at her, she turns away. Automatically this means the girl totally loves your car and must be thinking of ditching what automatically must be her boyfriend to get with you. She keeps looking away cause the guy has this what must be his "jealous" face on. Nevermind that it could just be a guy and a coworker or his sister or whatever and she keeps looking away because she thinks it's rude to stare.

You're driving down the street and decide to have some fun and floor it. Anyone who was walking on the sidewalk looks at you and it must be because they're in love with your car and wish they were driving your Z. Nevermind that when you floor it, the Z's loud exhaust makes people instictivly look at what is making that loud noise. You could've been a Van for all they know before seeing you.

There's all sorts of cars that perform better than the Z and are more fun or even cost less sometimes. But when this is the case, none of those cars matter cause the Z is so sexy.

You're on the freeway changing lanes. The car that's in that lane slows down to let you in. It must be because they want to look at the sexy Z

Now say that same car doesn't slow down and steps on it a little to keep up with you. Automatically it's a compliment because he's like trying to race you with his obviously inferior car which must mean he respects your car because it's a Z.

A viper wants to race you at a stoplight. This is a compliment to your car because the viper must think the Z is fast.

A honda civic wants to race you at a stoplight. This is a complement to your car because the civic driver obviously must know he can't take on a Z, but it's still amusing.

you're driving thru a parking lot to go to a movie. You decide to rev your engine. Suddenly everyone is looking at you. It must be because they're jealous and your Z sounds so good.

Someone steels your license plate. They must've been jealouzzz of your sweet ride

hehe
And your point is?
Old 07-29-2004, 12:13 AM
sentry65
the burninator

every car forum i've been to seems to have common things about their drivers - not all, but for example:

corvette and mustang forums really seem to be all about getting high horsepower and dragging their cars

lotus elise forums seem more focused on handling and tracking their car

this forum seems more interested in applying a weekly coat of zaino, picking up girls, babying their car to death, changing their rims, and complaining about the smallest of flaws the 350 has

I know I'm going to be flamed. It's not like everyone's focus here is on those things, but come on, it seems like it comes up more often than other things. It's just my observation and maybe it's wrong.

Last edited by sentry65; 07-29-2004 at 12:21 AM.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:33 AM
AceJ587

Well, I dont drag race or "track" my car, and Im engaged. So I guess I only have one other choice dont I?

hint= you buff it in and out, as often as you like.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:29 AM
Z-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or all the people that take the time to tell us "nice car" - they probably say that to everyone. Or the folks that drive by and give the thumbs up - maybe their thumbs were just tired and they were just streching them.

I see your point.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:30 AM
kcobean

Since we're all such a bunch of narcissistic whiners and you're such a down to earth realist.....

----------------------
|...........................|
||..........................|
||......................o..|
----------------------

Here's the door. Feel free to get the hell out! Maybe you should go hang out on the Yugo site. I'm sure they never boast about their cars.

Did your post have a point or are you just a troll who came here to fan the flames? I'm thinkin' troll.

Last edited by kcobean; 07-29-2004 at 06:33 AM.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:56 AM
Phatmitzu

Originally posted by kcobean

----------------------
||......................o..|
----------------------

Here's the door...
Nice door!
Old 07-29-2004, 07:04 AM
bigredc77
Banned

How can you say that you haven't had the same experience as the rest of us?
Old 07-29-2004, 07:05 AM
molZoncdn

350Z 's are nice looking cars and they get lots of looks. It is easy to presume that every look our way is because of the great look of the car. A mature couple in a 911 took a long look at my brickyard in the sunshine yesterday, and I gave a friendly wave. The car is unique in style and a lot of people are not used to seeing a lot of them yet.

Yes cars do slow down to pull in behind me to take a look.

The Z is simply a beautiful car, and I love it.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:06 AM
mickey

Default Your old post

hehe
But, you also has the same experience with your Z !! See your post:
See your post in the middle of the page
So I guess you are one of the "funnies" like us eh? welcome to our funny club.

Mickey
Old 07-29-2004, 07:09 AM
trash259

Default Re: you guys are funny man

ETC...
Yeah...you notice those things too...dammm people just cant leave my Z alone.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:33 AM
VandyZ

Well I let other people drive my car just so I can see what everyone else sees as it goes down the road.

Add that to the list. Realize most of you list are just technicalities.

Shift_vanity
Shift_technicalities
Shift _envy

Who really gives a Shift_?

I have seen the same behavior with all sorts of popular vehicles.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:35 AM
Aggro_Al

this forum seems more interested in applying a weekly coat of zaino, picking up girls, babying their car to death, changing their rims, and complaining about the smallest of flaws the 350 has
So basically you are saying that everybody here is addicted to sniffing Zaino on a weekly basis, oversexed, obsessive-compulsive, narcisstic, pessimistic, perfectionistic people.

Sounds about right! So what's your point?

Just kidding
Old 07-29-2004, 07:42 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally posted by Phatmitzu
Nice door!
If you can read Matrix code like I can, you can see that the door could use another coat of paint or two
Old 07-29-2004, 07:45 AM
sentry65
the burninator

all I'm saying, is I do love the Z. It is a great sports car. But tell me you're not blind to see how our reputation is developing. We're not being known for having a fast car, or being good at driving, or even being knowledgeable about performance modding. To the average public, I think we're starting to be known as people who are all about the look of a car and not much else.

Corvette owners are known for being jerks.

hot rodded civic drivers with huge exhausts are known for being ricers with poor aesthetic taste.

I don't want Z drivers to be known as posers

yeah I have gotten a lot of thumbs up and stuff like that. It is cool to have a neat car. The Z's design is fairly conservative compared to some other cars, so it's going to please a large audience.

Think about it though, what exactly makes the Z so special? the body is one of the first things that come to mind. Sure it has nearly a 50/50 balance, that's great. But considering it's Nissan's flagship car, it isn't much faster than a maxima. Even the frontiers and xterra's have been starting to catch up to the Z with 250hp now not that they're in the same league really quite yet. The Z is really really heavy for a sports car. I feel like I'm driving a brick with wheels. I know it's fast and performs decently on the track. But I've never seen so many threads in a car forum about picking up girls, getting waves/thumbs up, waxing the car and the reasoning that everything that happens is because the Z is so hot. I don't know how many times I've read "you mean you actually eat in your Z?" or "What are you doing bringing drinks in your Z in the first place?" as if the Z is some rare $200,000 car. I see on average 1-2 Z's everday. There's 4 Z's that park in the parking lot where I work. The car is only 30k. I remember that "It just rained on my car" thread or whatever it was from a couple weeks ago being worried the rain would damage the paintjob... just rediculous

Yeah I know there's been some crazy things people have done because they obviously like the car. Some of you have made comments about people saying the Z is a wanna-be porsche, but I just have to ask, are we as Z owners starting to be known as the posers on the road?

maybe there is a reason people egg or vandalize the Z?

Last edited by sentry65; 07-29-2004 at 08:02 AM.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:49 AM
Poison123
Google Bot

yobri, you mean another coat of Zaino.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:50 AM
bigredc77
Banned

Simply put, don't act like a jackass. Then the reputation of us Z owners won't turn bad.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:01 AM
kcobean

all I'm saying, is I do love the Z. It is a great sports car. But tell me you're not blind to see how our reputation is developing. We're not being known for having a fast car, or being good at driving, or even being knowledgeable about performance modding. To the average public, I think we're starting to be known as people who are all about the look of a car and not much else.

Corvette owners are known for being jerks.

hot rodded civic drivers with huge exhausts are known for being ricers with poor aesthetic taste.

I don't want Z drivers to be known as posers

yeah I have gotten a lot of thumbs up and stuff like that. It is cool to have a neat car. The Z's design is fairly conservative compared to some other cars, so it's going to please a large audience.

Think about it though, what exactly makes the Z so special? the body is one of the first things that come to mind. Sure it has nearly a 50/50 balance, that's great. But considering it's Nissan's flagship car, it isn't much faster than a maxima. Even the frontiers and xterra's have been starting to catch up to the Z with 250hp now not that they're in the same league really quite yet. The Z is really really heavy for a sports car. I feel like I'm driving a brick with wheels. I know it's fast and performs decently on the track. But I've never seen so many threads in a car forum about picking up girls, getting waves/thumbs up, waxing the car and the reasoning that everything that happens is because the Z is so hot. I don't know how many times I've read "you mean you actually eat in your Z?" or "What are you doing bringing drinks in your Z in the first place?" as if the Z is some rare $200,000 car. I see on average 1-2 Z's everday. There's 4 Z's that park in the parking lot where I work. The car is only 30k. I remember that "It just rained on my car" thread or whatever it was from a couple weeks ago being worried the rain would damage the paintjob... just rediculous

Yeah I know there's been some crazy things people have done because they obviously like the car. Some of you have made comments about people saying the Z is a wanna-be porsche, but I just have to ask, are we as Z owners starting to be known as the posers on the road?

The "poser epidemic" you're describing I believe is the direct result of the pricing of the Z. Nissan made it just affordable enough that some pretty young guys can afford (even if barely and/or with parental help), and because it's a really nice car for a young guy to own, they're very concerned with wanting people to notice their "accomplishment". It's just the nature of the beast. You don't see that kind of behavior in the Corvette forums, etc, because the average age of the owners is probably about 10-15 years higher. Vanity and youth go hand in hand. That's just the way it is. If you ask the "This girl was checking me out" posters how old they are, they're rarely the thirty-somethings and above crowd, because many of us older Z owners (if 32 is older) don't really concern ourselves with that, though I certainly appreciate getting the ol' stare-down every now and again. I take it in stride and move on. My wife appreciates my car and my love for it, and that's enough for me.

Quick Reply: you guys are funny man