Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

you guys are funny man

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 09:48 AM
bascelik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Demographics, my dear Watson. Demographics...
Old 07-31-2004, 12:49 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok some of you guys are twisting this way around from what i was saying.

I bought a Z cause it's a cool car. Fast, looks nice, good handling, good quality etc etc

I've gotten all sorts of compliments and thumbs up and it's both flattering and fun. Makes me feel good I bought a Z. I like driving it and it really does look nice.

I understand that the Z for a lot of you is your pride enjoy and your great accomplishment. And yeah I feel that way too - I'm 24 and I really like the Z and am proud that I can afford one and get to drive one everyday.

I've been looking at the elise cause it's a little more extreme than the Z and yeah it's not an everyday sort of comforting car to drive. On the elise forums it just seemed odd that for a car that looks exotic, is more expensive than the Z, more prone to getting dented up because of its lightweight contruction, and there's only like 3000 made a year worldwide, you'd think they'd be the ones talking all the time about babying their car, waxing it every week, how pretty it looks sitting in their garage, being scared to park it in a parking lot, picking up girls etc. But the complete opposite is true. They mostly talk about getting it and beating it up on the track or doing some hardcore driving with it. So coming back to the Z forum and reading stuff like "oh no, it just rained on my car - is my paint going to be ok?" (that just couldn't have been an actual serious thread could it?) yeah I dunno the contrast is night and day

There's so much enthusiasm for the Z. Everyone here - me included, is a Z nut. Maybe I'm starting to come back down to earth a little and realize the Z maybe isn't as great as we all make it out to be.

The Z's number 1 strength that stands out way above other cars seems to be its looks is it not?

I guess for me, my opinion is a car is meant to be driven. Not sit in the garage and look pretty being all waxed up every week. I know that doesn't sit well with some of you. I'd never buy a $200k car if I couldn't beat the **** out of it or be all worried and scared that it'll get dinged up etc. I know some of you do share that same attitude. Maybe it has to do with money? Like for those of you who worked really really hard for your Z and are barely able to afford it, I suppose you take extra special care of it.

I actually wrecked my first Z - completely totalled. The night before it happened, I was all paranoid about parking it in the parking lot cause maybe someone would park next to me and I (gasp) might get a door ding! After seeing your car get wrecked, cars in general can feel very disposable to you. Sure I bought one of those ultimate zaino packages and try to take care of my car. But only when I really feel like it needs it. I guess maybe it just comes down to I'm just not as obsessed as some of you about babying cars?

Last edited by sentry65; 07-31-2004 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-31-2004, 01:02 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by kcobean

Unless you have LOTS of money, once you buy a corvette, then congratulations, you have a corvette. You're pretty done at that point.

With the Z, the sky's the limit, baby!!

actually my dad was telling me about one of his friends who has a 1200HP corvette drag car - not kidding. At least that's what the owner claimed. He said he went as passenger with the guy and that was the most scared he's ever been in a car. Said the G forces were huge

really you can mod pretty much any car sans probably super cars.

I know the elise guys are all talking about putting a honda engine in their cars which would get you 0-60 in something like 4 sec or maybe less

Last edited by sentry65; 07-31-2004 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-31-2004, 01:32 PM
bhobson333

Originally posted by sentry65
The Z's number 1 strength that stands out way above other cars seems to be its looks is it not?

I guess for me, my opinion is a car is meant to be driven. Not sit in the garage and look pretty being all waxed up every week.
I disagree with you. The 350Z's main strength is that it does so many things so well. Not only is it the best-looking car since the last Supra or the 3rd-gen RX-7, (opinion; let's not argue about relative beauty) it also runs on the track amazingly well; a lot of BMW drivers are secretly jealous. For what you get it is an amazing bargain.

Me, I Zaino the sh*t out of my car and shine real pretty while I'm passing all the other cars on the track.

Last edited by bhobson333; 07-31-2004 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-31-2004, 02:43 PM
Jsn350Z

Ok, just forget about all the people with Vortech and Greddy kits on this forum, forget everybody that has all kinds of other engine performance modifications.

A lot of people don't like to just dump all kinds of money into their cars. As for wheels, the stock ones are easily the ugliest part of the Z, and a simple wheel change makes a HUGE difference, which is why it may be a lot of peoples only mod.

Why do people keep saying people look at them, and say this or that? Because they really DO! The Z is a unique car in design, sound, ect, therefore it demands attention.

About the vette and mustang people always talking about HP, a car is NOT all about HP. Sure it is a big part, but I'd rather drive a Z then some 400 HP civic. Same thing with a Mustang, Only thing is has going for it is some power when modded ( or stock for the cobra )

A lot of people on here are concerned with performance, when I had my Z I tried to throw in a bit of everything. Some wheels, and lowered of course, and as many engine mods as I could afford.

Just my .02
Old 08-01-2004, 12:06 AM
cedusett

The other day, some girl pulled up next to me and blatently put it:

"Your car is damn sexy... And you're pretty damn gorgeous yourself... What are you doing tonight, because I so want to **** you right now."

I'm not going to complain with results like that.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:06 AM
cedusett

Oh, btw, my car is bone stock except for a grounding kit and a popcharger.
Old 08-01-2004, 05:29 AM
bhobson333

Originally posted by cedusett
What are you doing tonight, because I so want to **** you right now."

I'm not going to complain with results like that.
Agreed, but I would add one more mod - Trojan
Old 08-01-2004, 06:10 AM
zYouLater

He people look at the Z because it is truly a fine looking sporty car for a very reasonable price. It's just that simple. The Z has a rich history that has not been over done. Less is more and always will be.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:29 PM
cedusett

Agreed, but I would add one more mod - Trojan
Oh definitely... I wouldn't ever accept an offer like that... who knows where that girls been. It was still pretty funny though.