Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Perf. Nissan messed up my bumper!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 09:55 AM
tractng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perf. Nissan messed up my bumper!!!

Guys,

I am pissed!!! Went to Perf. Nissan to day at 8. am to get an oil change. When a Z car turned in the finish service line. I saw a crack in the rear bumper. I was hoping it was not my car. Turned out it was.

Some service as**** might have reverse and hit a pickup truck's hitch or something.

I have heard horrible stories about dealership, but never realized that it was this bad. I heard stories about mechanic forgetting to put the nut (screw) in after an oil change and there was no oil in the engine. But stories like this is sad

Talked to the director there. He said he was going to have my bumper fix. I told him i don't want a re-bundle up job and a paint over. I want a new bumper.

They say give them 10 days (before checking the inventory) to order the bumper and I say "No". Once i said no, they knew i was mad and called the warehouse and told me they have it on stock and come back Monday.

At this point I have doubts, and went and check my oil level to see it if it was missing anything.

How do I make sure I actually going to get a "new" bumper instead of a fixed-upper one. Should I make some secret markings?

Knowing how incompetent these people are, the body shop will mess something up!!

I am not coming back there again.

Thanks,
Tony
Attached Thumbnails Perf. Nissan messed up my bumper!!!-pic.jpg  

Last edited by tractng; 08-07-2004 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:57 AM
synth19

Yes, this sux...but ppl fck up. They owned up to the mistake and are getting you a new bumper, problem solved.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:13 AM
Norel350Z

very simple, just tell them you want to wait while they put the new bumper on, its just a few screws, if its already painted, shouldn't take more then an hour. That's what I would do
Old 08-07-2004, 11:16 AM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bumpers are not already painted.

Most likely they will have to order one, which will take a few days. Then a few days to get it painted, etc.

Give them a chance to work with you.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:28 AM
tractng

Norel350Z,

Guy told me he will need my car there for two days. Car was there less than 30 minutes for oil change and see what happened already.

If I leave it there for two days, do I expect more **** to happen?

Tony
Old 08-07-2004, 11:45 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by tractng
Norel350Z,

Guy told me he will need my car there for two days. Car was there less than 30 minutes for oil change and see what happened already.

If I leave it there for two days, do I expect more **** to happen?

Tony
I feel your pain. I took my car to the dealership for a flat tire and they ended up damaging the wheel that the flat was on and the back bumper. They had my car for a total of 9 days spread over 6 different trips to try and get it fixed right. They tried to do as little work as possible to get me out of their hair, but they finally did do right.

Just stay on them until they give you what you want, and remember that accidents (and carelessness) do happen, and you can't undo what has been done, so as long as they're working with you to fix it, don't burn any bridges. A dealer that is willing to make good on a mistake is better than one that does a marginal job and then tells you to go pound sand.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:46 AM
EL Diablo

Performance Nissan is a stand up dealership

They are the only dealer that touches my car. If they said your getting a new bumper I would feel at ease and believe them.

Speak with Jason, Jeff, or Jenny in the parts Dept. Tell'em what happened, Those guys will make sure your car gets the attention it deserves.

Accidents happen, it sucks, but I wouldnt worry about getting ripped off.

Last edited by EL Diablo; 08-07-2004 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:06 PM
ragtopz

sorry to hear about your damaged bumper. it was really unfortunate. accidents happen. too bad it had to happen to you.

however, i think the majority of the people on this forum have had positive experiences with performance nissan, myself included. they are agreeing to give you a new bumper. they screwed up and they are making things right.

like el diablo said, if they say they will give you a new bumper, i personally would trust them. if it makes you feel more at ease, then by all means put a little mark somewhere to see if they actually do re-use your bumper. that would suk if they did re-use your bumper, but i highly doubt they would.
Old 08-07-2004, 02:36 PM
eazy

I just don't understand how crap like this happens in the first place.

You would think mechanics should be smart enough and talented enough to get your Z to where it needs to be without hitting anything. Obviously not.

I could see how you would be furious. You go in for an oil change and come out with a huge gash in your bumper. An easy 30 minute job has just put you without a car for 3 days. Very aggrivating. Try not to go postal on anyone if it isn't too late.

Do you need a rental car, and are they paying for that too?
Old 08-07-2004, 03:27 PM
lovetoclown

Performance Nissan is a good dealership. I drove 8 hours each way to have them install my tilton and Nismo rear diff., as well as my warranty work that my local dealer was to lazy to take care of. Jeff and Jason took care of me and went out of there way for me. I trust them 100%. I'm sure they will take care of you.
Old 08-07-2004, 03:33 PM
mofoz

accidents happen everywhere. even at mercedes, bmw, and Land rover dealerships. they just happen. it sucks, but theres not much you can do. be thankful they are going to order you a new bumper and do whatever they can. im sure they will give you a loaner if you ask, so just give them a shot. should it have happened? no, but they are doing everything they can to make it right. Good luck.
Old 08-07-2004, 06:08 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

DAMN!!! I hate seeing stuff like this! I will make sure you get a new bumper... you don't have to worry about that. They will cover the rental car as well. I'm really sorry that happened. Not an excuss... but our sales dept has become so busy we have no space left for service customers cars. I talked to the General Manager as soon as I read this and he said starting Monday they will be moving a ton of New Cars off site to free up some room. I know that doesn't help here.... but at least they are being proactive in trying to stop anything like this from happening again. BTW: I've got the bumpers in stock and will send it out for paint on Monday.

Last edited by Jeff@Performance; 08-07-2004 at 06:10 PM.
Old 08-07-2004, 06:10 PM
tractng

eazy,

I am not sure about the loaner yet, but I do need a car for work.

Should I contact my insurance, which is Triple AAA.

If the dealership don't offer me a loaner, they will hear it from me.

Tony
Old 08-07-2004, 06:19 PM
___DJK___

Tony, read the post above yours. You will be taken care of. ish happens from time to time. Consider yourself lucky it happened at Performance and not somewhere else where they would pretend they had nothing to do with it.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:22 PM
Egbert Souse

Default Performance Nissan is the best

Jeff Hess, Performance Nissan Parts Manager, will take care of your problem. Don't even worry about it.
Old 08-07-2004, 08:09 PM
tractng

Default Re: Performance Nissan is the best

Originally posted by Egbert Souse
Jeff Hess, Performance Nissan Parts Manager, will take care of your problem. Don't even worry about it.
I talked to Bob Murphy ( Parts and Service Director) and John . I am not sure how complicated it would be to replace the bumper (doing it "right"). I just check the lines of the bumper and the Z does have one of the biggest bumper of any car.

Tony
Old 08-07-2004, 08:14 PM
pimp1911

The Performance guys are a class act they will take care of you.
Old 08-07-2004, 08:44 PM
tractng

Guys,

Should I inform my insurance co (Triple AAA) or should I wait? If I report to my insurance co., they might want to take a look at the car, and delay it form being repaired.

If I do report it, this might cover my back too. But you know how much hassle it is to deal with an insurance company.

Or should I just wait and see if Perf. Nissan will fix it (correctly). Isn't there a time frame you have to report to your insurance co.?

Tony
Old 08-07-2004, 08:56 PM
Ztrackman

Performance Nissan will make it right. I have had significant work done in their service department (cam/header/exhaust install) along with oil changes, etc. Their service has been outstanding. If they damaged your car, they will take care of you. Unfortunately most dealers have a reputation for doing the wrong thing in a case like this. Performance will do the right thing.
Old 08-07-2004, 08:59 PM
tractng

Jeff,

Thank you very much. I spoke to Bob Murphy and John. I was just mad (at the moment).

On a side note, Jake Houston is one of the coolest sales guy too. He was the sales guy when I bought the car from them. Just a little humor. I think most of the staff there has a "J" in front of their names.

I will be there early on Monday.

Edit: Wouldn't it be faster if the dealer paint the bumper before I bring the car in so the car doesn't have to be there multiple days? My is an '04 Chrome Silver.

Thanks
Tony (Toan)

Last edited by tractng; 08-07-2004 at 09:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Perf. Nissan messed up my bumper!!!