Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Gas cap-not the door

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 06:18 AM
Jewelz350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas cap-not the door

Last night was the first time I have cursed at the car. I'm not much on cursing unless I think it is justified and last night pushed me over the edge. Technically, it was the f'ing gas cap. Anyone else having problems getting the cap off. Mine has always been difficult but it is officially stuck! I pulled in to get gas and couldn't get it off. Took it home and tried for another 15 minutes to no avail. I tried tightening it until it clicked closed and then pushed in and turned again. It's like it comes partially undone because when I turn it back to the right to close it, I here the click.

Basically I can drive another 30 miles and then I'm out. Had to drive the Civic today and that was a rude awakening. Felt like I was sitting in a peddle car on top of a couple of phone books. Okay, I am laughing at that image.

But seriously, suggestions for the gas cap?
Old 10-18-2002, 07:49 AM
Cazzz Z

Default Turn to the left

It only takes half of a turn to the left & then U just lift it off.. My first issue was what side it was on, I had people looking at the car when I drove in, & to my embarrasment, I thought it was on the driver's side, like my rag 300. I got out of the car only to find out that it was not there after I had turned it off & everything. & tri to see it in you sideview mirrors, but her hips are ssooo big, U can't even see the gas door from the inside..
Attached Thumbnails Gas cap-not the door-mygarage1.jpg  
Old 10-18-2002, 07:54 AM
BrainStorm

Cazzz, you know you don't have to attach a pic in every post, right? Just stick one in your sig.
Old 10-18-2002, 07:57 AM
BILL T
Charter Member #61

The cap doesn't unscrew much - only 1/2 to 1/4 turn the you pull it straight out. Mine has never been dificult - maybe yours is crossed threaded or defective from the factory.
Old 10-18-2002, 07:58 AM
fatZo

Default Re: Gas cap-not the door

Originally posted by Jewelz350
Last night was the first time I have cursed at the car. I'm not much on cursing unless I think it is justified and last night pushed me over the edge. Technically, it was the f'ing gas cap. Anyone else having problems getting the cap off. Mine has always been difficult but it is officially stuck! I pulled in to get gas and couldn't get it off. Took it home and tried for another 15 minutes to no avail. I tried tightening it until it clicked closed and then pushed in and turned again. It's like it comes partially undone because when I turn it back to the right to close it, I here the click.

Basically I can drive another 30 miles and then I'm out. Had to drive the Civic today and that was a rude awakening. Felt like I was sitting in a peddle car on top of a couple of phone books. Okay, I am laughing at that image.

But seriously, suggestions for the gas cap?
Have you considered replacing the gas cap with the NISMO one?

Stant 350Z locking gas cap
Old 10-18-2002, 08:04 AM
Cazzz Z

Default U mean, I really don't have to attach a photo every time??

Mann, what a relief, thanks. I didn't know that I could actually send a reply without a photo everytime.. You people are really helpful, what would I do without U?
Attached Thumbnails Gas cap-not the door-garage2.jpg  
Old 10-18-2002, 08:16 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

Default Re: Turn to the left

Originally posted by Cazzz Z
It only takes half of a turn to the left & then U just lift it off.. My first issue was what side it was on, I had people looking at the car when I drove in, & to my embarrasment, I thought it was on the driver's side, like my rag 300. I got out of the car only to find out that it was not there after I had turned it off & everything. & tri to see it in you sideview mirrors, but her hips are ssooo big, U can't even see the gas door from the inside..
I have the same problem with remembering what side the gas cap is on, since I drive three different vehicles, not all of them on the same side. Fortunately, the 350Z has a little indicator in the fuel guage: there's a little arrow pointing to the right. When you have a brain-freeze pulling up to the pumps, wondering what side it's on because you just drove a different car for the last few days, just look at the fuel guage to jog your memory.
Old 10-18-2002, 08:23 AM
RobJames

How do you attach to your sig, Brainstorm?
Old 10-18-2002, 08:27 AM
Cazzz Z

Default U Understand what I am going thru then.

remembering what side the gas tank is on for 4 different cars. It gets to be a little trying at times
Old 10-18-2002, 09:42 AM
BrainStorm

Originally posted by RobJames
How do you attach to your sig, Brainstorm?
Just go to Control Panel ---> Edit Profile. In the box where you would put your signature, insert the URL to the pic you want to use. Then you have to "encase" the URL with this syntax----------> "[img]" in front and "[/img]" at the end.

It should look like this: "[img]"URL of the pic"[/img]"

Hit Submit Modifications and you're done!

NOTE: Don't use quotation marks when using the [img] format, that was just done to get the point across.
Old 10-18-2002, 09:46 AM
LowFuel

Originally posted by BrainStorm
Just go to Control Panel ---> Edit Profile. In the box where you would put your signature, insert the URL to the pic you want to use. Then you have to "encase" the URL with this syntax----------> "[img]" in front and "[/img]" at the end.
That's not an attached image though, they'd need it hosted somewhere...
Old 10-18-2002, 09:47 AM
Alang

The trick to knowing which side the gas is on is to look at the icon of a gas pump next to your fuel guage. If the hose on the pump is on the right side, the gas door is on the right side of the car, if the hose is on the left, so is you filler door. Simple. This is true for all makes of cars (at least all the makes that I have ever been in).
Old 10-18-2002, 11:01 AM
michael350

I have great information for all of you so you will never forget where your gas tank is. if you look at the gas gauge. the full is usually on top and the needle is pointing up. if the empty is on the left side of the full, then the gas is on the left. if the empty is on the right, then the gas is on the right side. believe me thats always right on every car you will ever drive. unless it has an arrow pointing to a certian side. i hope you all enjoy my tid bit
Old 10-18-2002, 11:06 AM
dougrace zs

She didn't ask which side the thing was on she said she couidn't get the cap off, one question will it turn, if not get a pair of channel locks or pliers and try to turn it with some force.
Old 10-18-2002, 11:08 AM
michael350

Default i didnt wanna start a new thread

i was answering someone else in this thread but fine ill start a new thread HAPPY?