Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Zforums (DAVE) ****ed up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004 | 10:27 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by jmorriso
I guess that's not funny, kinda sux for us Texans! I don't really care though, I live in one house but work with partners to buy foreclosures for additional income, so at least the market is strong there for the time being, although it has substantially slowed down recently.
i thought about moving to dallas for a while (cause that's where my fiancee is from and where her family is)....also, you can get a huge house there for the same price you can get a studio here! haha. but, i'll make more money here when it comes to real estate and she likes the fact that there are seasons.

but, i like dallas (never been to any other parts outside of the dallas/plano/fort worth area). the cowboys still suck though.

(now we hijacked her thread. oops)
Old 08-27-2004 | 10:45 AM
Texxas Guy

Being a self-employed business owner I have one comment about this whole situation.

Whatever happened to: "THE BUCK STOPS HERE"

Come on Dave, step up to the plate.
Old 08-27-2004 | 10:49 AM
jmorriso

Originally posted by djkern
i thought about moving to dallas for a while (cause that's where my fiancee is from and where her family is)....also, you can get a huge house there for the same price you can get a studio here! haha. but, i'll make more money here when it comes to real estate and she likes the fact that there are seasons.

but, i like dallas (never been to any other parts outside of the dallas/plano/fort worth area). the cowboys still suck though.

(now we hijacked her thread. oops)
I agree, the Cowboy's do suck, but maybe this year after getting rid of Carter, they can at least look decent on the field. We did hijack her post huh....lol

Texas is cool overall, yes hot and miserable, but the south is generally a lot of fun and good people. Boston is cool too, been there a few times in the city (by far the best drinkin city). My family is in Jersey, so every chance I get to make it up there I do.

later Boston
Old 08-27-2004 | 10:53 AM
tacomaboy

Austin pwns Boston
Old 08-27-2004 | 10:55 AM
DBZCat

yeah, let's keep it to the point here guys!

Again, i want to express how I don't feel i was childish in posting this. I gave Dave plenty of fair warning, i even told him if he doesn't atleast call me back that I would post. Everytime he dragged it out longer the more I posted. I didn't post pics right away, i gave him more time to make this right, when he set up a meeting and was a no show ( because of another franchise meeting ) I posted the pics. I warned him that everytime he ignores me I will take it to the next level!! where am i wrong here? Dave is the highest person to talk to and I could never get ahold of him! so me being patient was no longer an option, I tried that and it got me nothing, no phone calls nothing. What else was i left to do? Wait forevor? no way! I can't have my car looking like that, c'mon! Again, I tried to handle it patiently it got me no where, and it didn't get anyone else no where with him either. Several people said it took MONTHS AND MONTHS before they ever heard anything from Dave and he never took care of it until they started to threaten him, therefore, I did...

Let's remember i had problems with this before I ever picked up the car. I dropped it off Sunday and was supposed to pick it up Friday. I could never reach Dave as i wanted to get updates of how the work was coming along no word until Friday (the day i had to pick it up ) he said worse case scenerio Sunday, i said fine. No word from Dave until Sunday, he said worse case scenerio Tuesday. AGAIN, no contact until Tuesday, he said worse case scenerio Thrusday! I then just said I will pick it up that weekend and he said fine. I call on thursday no answer. I page him and he tells me car is not done yet?? I basically didn't get the car until Sunday! I had no updates the entire time and was never told about the wing that never got put on until 5 min. before I was picking it up! I was patient then too.. until that last thursday it was getting to be ridiculous, yet I still said fine ok, and dealt with it and didn't yell or get mad a Dave.

I just don't understand the part where after i gave him time and he basically ignored me, why I should continue to let that happen. i needed to do something to get the ball rolling on this and this thread was it. Surprisingly enough it is funny how all of a sudden he is saying it will be taken care of after he was threatened with this thread and Victor's email. therefore i don't understand where I went wrong with posting my experience on this! I mean, what if i didn't post this and someone went through the same thing as me?? I would never want that to happen! He obviously didn't have time to take on this job but he did. something like this take time and effort and that was something he could not contribute, so why even do the job? he took it, he is responsible, i gave him time and was patient and it left me in the cold dark...

Again, I gave him a chance and warned him that I wasn't going to just go away or let this be dragged out. I didn't just post it the day I got it back and not give him a chance or warnings here....
Old 08-27-2004 | 10:55 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

i guess i just deal with quality shops that get things done on time...and, if they don't, they call and keep you updated. i've never had problems with my car shops. when i do...i'll flip out to see if they help me faster!

the only place that actually bothers me and gets me frustrated is the airport. the people there, for some reason, get to me. ha-ha.

i will never be a door-mat.
Yeah, I purposely seek out the bad shops so that I can get **** on all the time.

Really, I'm glad that you're able to pick out the good ones from the bad ones. I'd like to know how you do that. Do you look for the plaque on the wall that says "We do things on time, but if we don't, we'll make sure to call you"? No, I don't think so. Maybe you have better luck than I do, but you don't end up with "quality shops" by choice. It's all a big crap-shoot.

I'm not saying every place I go I have a bad experience. In fact, I have the same Vizage kit that Cat has (her side-skirts, anyway), and Rollin' Car Customs was unbelievably communicative during the whole process. Unfortunately, they seem to be the exception, not the rule.

Example:

I'd rate my dealer as a pretty good one. They have a decent rep amongst the local Z community. I was nice and never once lost my cool with these folks when they damaged a wheel and my bumper during the replacement of a flat tire. As a result, it took me 6 trips resulting in 9 full days that they had my car. It took them 4 attempts to finally just replace the wheel because I kept very politely insisting that the paint job on the damaged wheel didn't look 'like new', as it was when I brought it to them. It took them 3 tries and a final trip for wet-sanding to get the bumper painted right, and it's still darker than the rest of the car. I finally resigned that it was 'close enough' and they got rid of me, which is exactly what they wanted. They could have cared less about getting it done right, let alone getting it done right the first time.

Do you suppose if I had blown my top and gone straight to a GM that I could've gotten this resolved more quickly. I'll bet so. But because I was polite and patient, they felt perfectly ok with putting every other customer who had so much as a dirty window ahead of me.

Oh, well. I'm glad someone has good luck with these folks. I sure don't, with rare exception.

Oh yeah, BTW, just got off the phone with the shop that's doing the work on my car. I was supposed to pick the car up today at 2:00, but they didn't get it done in time. They offered to rush and get it done by 5:30, but I want it done right rather than fast, so I agreed to wait until Monday. Did they call me to tell me? Hell no, I called them. Otherwise, I would have driven the 45 minutes to the shop only to find the car not finished (or done half-@$$ed just like Cats car). I won't tell you how long they've had it, but I will say that picking the car up today was their timeline, not mine.

So that's how it goes.
Old 08-27-2004 | 11:14 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by kcobean
Yeah, I purposely seek out the bad shops so that I can get **** on all the time.

Really, I'm glad that you're able to pick out the good ones from the bad ones. I'd like to know how you do that. Do you look for the plaque on the wall that says "We do things on time, but if we don't, we'll make sure to call you"? No, I don't think so. Maybe you have better luck than I do, but you don't end up with "quality shops" by choice. It's all a big crap-shoot.

I'm not saying every place I go I have a bad experience. In fact, I have the same Vizage kit that Cat has (her side-skirts, anyway), and Rollin' Car Customs was unbelievably communicative during the whole process. Unfortunately, they seem to be the exception, not the rule.

Example:

I'd rate my dealer as a pretty good one. They have a decent rep amongst the local Z community. I was nice and never once lost my cool with these folks when they damaged a wheel and my bumper during the replacement of a flat tire. As a result, it took me 6 trips resulting in 9 full days that they had my car. It took them 4 attempts to finally just replace the wheel because I kept very politely insisting that the paint job on the damaged wheel didn't look 'like new', as it was when I brought it to them. It took them 3 tries and a final trip for wet-sanding to get the bumper painted right, and it's still darker than the rest of the car. I finally resigned that it was 'close enough' and they got rid of me, which is exactly what they wanted. They could have cared less about getting it done right, let alone getting it done right the first time.

Do you suppose if I had blown my top and gone straight to a GM that I could've gotten this resolved more quickly. I'll bet so. But because I was polite and patient, they felt perfectly ok with putting every other customer who had so much as a dirty window ahead of me.

Oh, well. I'm glad someone has good luck with these folks. I sure don't, with rare exception.

Oh yeah, BTW, just got off the phone with the shop that's doing the work on my car. I was supposed to pick the car up today at 2:00, but they didn't get it done in time. They offered to rush and get it done by 5:30, but I want it done right rather than fast, so I agreed to wait until Monday. Did they call me to tell me? Hell no, I called them. Otherwise, I would have driven the 45 minutes to the shop only to find the car not finished (or done half-@$$ed just like Cats car). I won't tell you how long they've had it, but I will say that picking the car up today was their timeline, not mine.

So that's how it goes.
nah...i ask for customer references. i talk to people that have had their car worked on before...find out if it's quality or not. yeah, it could be biased...but, then i also look at what type of cars are in the shop (at any given time, there's always a porsche, a bmw, an escalade, a 600SL benz....along with all of the ricer cars. haha). and, then i look at the work they are doing on those cars (body work, engine swap, other random things)...and make sure it's all quality work. (plus, there are many shops that have great reputations...and their workers even bring their own cars to the shop i go to). also, start off with something small and then let them do bigger projects (i started off letting them paint the engine cover and the other two covers...then i worked up to the body kit and other repairs/mods).

the dealer where i got my car at sucks....another dealer i went to sucks...but, i just take my car to another dealer if i have a bad experience. nissan dealers are a dime a dozen around here (there's one being finished about 1/4 mile from there i live). but, since my car is lowered and has a body kit...they can't get the car on the lift. but, my friends buddy is a manager at one of the nissan dealers around here....so, he might be able to pull a few strings and drive my car on blocks to get it on the lift. )

tacomaboy - i've never been to austin...but i hear it's a fun city. lots of college kids. but, my fiancee who used to live in dallas says that it's trashy.

jmorriso - my fiancee is a huge cowboys fan (i guess everyone is that grew up in dallas). we always make fun of each other when football season comes around!

cat2102 - good luck...keep us posted.
Old 08-27-2004 | 11:26 AM
tacomaboy

dj, Austin is MUCH cooler than Dallas, which is pretty cool to begin with!

I am not sure how anyone could call Austin trashy... maybe its too liberal for her, I guess. But its a very clean and beautiful town. Lots of trees etc.

Anyhow, IMO, cat was just giving us her customer reference. Maybe she was long winded and offensive, but I cant say I blame her. I have been in positions like that, and its very frustrating indeed. You feel helpless, and sometimes you just do whatever you can to try and get it resolved.

Anyhow, I hope it works out for both of them. It sounds like Dave is trying to recompense Cat, although he is having difficulty dealing with it in a timely fashion.
Old 08-27-2004 | 11:43 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by tacomaboy
dj, Austin is MUCH cooler than Dallas, which is pretty cool to begin with!

I am not sure how anyone could call Austin trashy... maybe its too liberal for her, I guess. But its a very clean and beautiful town. Lots of trees etc.

Anyhow, IMO, cat was just giving us her customer reference. Maybe she was long winded and offensive, but I cant say I blame her. I have been in positions like that, and its very frustrating indeed. You feel helpless, and sometimes you just do whatever you can to try and get it resolved.

Anyhow, I hope it works out for both of them. It sounds like Dave is trying to recompense Cat, although he is having difficulty dealing with it in a timely fashion.
i need to make it to austin. i've never been there...but my other friends say it's a lot of fun. i had a friend go to UT Austin for grad school....adn my fiancee's sister went there for a while for undergrad. maybe next time i'm in dallas i'll drive there for a few days and check it out.
Old 08-27-2004 | 11:50 AM
fillup

I understand that businesses have problems and people always have issues outside their business to deal with but for me it's simple. I expect the same professionalism and integrity I used to earn my dollars be used to earn that same dollar from me. Having the intestinal fortitude to be honest and responsive with customer when there is a problem is hard, but it is easier than having the affair turn out like this. Good luck Cat and Dave with your respective dilemmas.
Old 08-27-2004 | 12:04 PM
bwzabodyn

I will attest to the fact that Dave, nor anyone else at IPDG, will answer there phones... on two separate occasions, I PM'd Dave back and forth to get the lowest price on two products (GReddy EVO II exhaust and UR pulley) and I decided to do business with him... after trying to get in touch with Dave by phone for a couple of days to order the pulley (I order only by PayPal or phone) and then over a week with the exhaust, I ended up using a different vendor to purchase each product... so that was about $1200 worth of business you lost there... that should be reason enough to hire someone else to AT LEAST answer the phones...

and if I was the person at hand, I would have handled the situation with more anger and aggression than Dave would ever want to know about... no one f$#%s with my car! But then again, I would never had let Dave choose someone else to paint the car... if he wasn't going to do it himself, I would have put myself in charge of finding a capable shop to perform the work... (thank God my buddy's an excellent paint/body guy!)
Old 08-27-2004 | 12:29 PM
djkern
Banned

question....

what do they put in the texas water that makes you all so psycho?

Old 08-27-2004 | 12:41 PM
jmorriso

question....

Water, we don't have any stinkin water here in Texas. We prefer beer.... LOL

Speaking of beer, I'm outta here!

Cheers to all!
Old 08-27-2004 | 12:44 PM
DBZCat

question....

I always wondred why it tasted kinda weird!?

Old 08-27-2004 | 01:07 PM
Texxas Guy

WATER??????????

Hell man, that's OIL!.........straight from the well we all have in our backyard sown here! So we can ship it out to all you good folks north of the Red River......LOL
Old 08-27-2004 | 01:13 PM
Texxas Guy

WATER??????????

Hell man, that's OIL!.........straight from the well we all have in our backyard sown here! So we can ship it out to all you good folks north of the Red River......LOL
Old 08-27-2004 | 01:20 PM
djkern
Banned

haha!
Old 08-27-2004 | 03:33 PM
bigern1970

Default ha ha

Mr. Pot meet Mr. Kettle.....................you know what that means
Old 08-27-2004 | 04:42 PM
MastaKillaZ

sorry cat I skipped from page 3 to this page and wanted to know other than posting here, what are you doing to get your $$$ back? have you filed suit? filed complaint with BBB? contacted the state/county's dept. of consumer affairs? maybe there's one of those consumer vigilante new reporters who would be willing to air your story in Texas... if he's always a no show for stuff then suing him ought to be great since you'll probably get a default.
Old 08-27-2004 | 04:48 PM
DBZCat

he basically has said he is going to take care of it, (not how yet though) and will call us when he gets back into town from New orleans Sunday night or monday morning. If I don't hear from him by Monday, first thing Tuesday I am going to file a lawsuit against him and report to the BBB.
We will find out Monday!

Quick Reply: 350Zforums (DAVE) ****ed up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer