Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Zforums (DAVE) ****ed up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004 | 07:02 PM
Poison123
Google Bot

djkern, I guess the question is why is he taking on all these jobs when he's known his wife has cancer. It seems that was just a excuse for him to not answer the calls from cat. And honestly had he communicated with her in the beginning of all of this, some how I don't think Cat would have lost her temper as bad as she did there for awhile.
Old 08-26-2004 | 07:03 PM
DBZCat

I guess the part that frusterated me the most was the fact that when i spoke to the painter and 3m clear bra guys, they had spoken with Dave about the matter several times, so even though i know 5min. could mean alot, he called them, why not me ya know? that is what really set me off and in defense mode.

sometimes things push people too far off the edge, thanks for helping me get back to solid ground on this djkern

Last edited by cat2102; 08-26-2004 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-26-2004 | 07:11 PM
BKMC

Originally posted by djkern

i know you are frustrated...hell...i would be too. but, i'd handle it like an adult. i was screwed over by a company over a year ago. they tried to screw over many people on this forum (i had a group buy a long time ago...before you had to be a vendor). the company tried to screw me over and screw over everyone else that bought the product. i had 30+ people on this forum waiting for a product...and they were coming to me asking what was going on. the company i was working through was makign me look like a jerk...and i didn't even do anything. was it my fault...no. it was the companies fault. so, is this daves fault that the painter did a crappy job? no...it's the painters fault. i didn't go on the forum and biitch and moan and complain. i settled it one on one with the company...everyone got their product...and i got a full body kit for free. you just have to be mature about it and have some patience. i had to wait a few months to get everything...but, everything came.

It might not be Dave's fault, but it is his responsibility. In this case, he should have tried to make things right in a faster manner especially with the kind of money she put into it.
Old 08-26-2004 | 07:12 PM
BKMC

i know you are frustrated...hell...i would be too. but, i'd handle it like an adult. i was screwed over by a company over a year ago. they tried to screw over many people on this forum (i had a group buy a long time ago...before you had to be a vendor). the company tried to screw me over and screw over everyone else that bought the product. i had 30+ people on this forum waiting for a product...and they were coming to me asking what was going on. the company i was working through was makign me look like a jerk...and i didn't even do anything. was it my fault...no. it was the companies fault. so, is this daves fault that the painter did a crappy job? no...it's the painters fault. i didn't go on the forum and biitch and moan and complain. i settled it one on one with the company...everyone got their product...and i got a full body kit for free. you just have to be mature about it and have some patience. i had to wait a few months to get everything...but, everything came.

It might not be Dave's fault, but it is his responsibility. In this case, he should have tried to make things right in a faster manner especially, with the kind of money she put into it. I can understand the difficulties he is going through with his wife and all, but he is still running a business. The way he handled this is in MY OPINION, unprofessional.
Old 08-26-2004 | 07:28 PM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by cat2102
I guess the part that frusterated me the most was the fact that when i spoke to the painter and 3m clear bra guys, they had spoken with Dave about the matter several times, so even though i know 5min. could mean alot, he called them, why not me ya know? that is what really set me off and in defense mode.

sometimes things push people too far off the edge, thanks for helping me get back to solid ground on this djkern
yeah....a quick phone call would have been nice. i understand that point. and, i agree with you there. a quick phone call should be manditory. i'm in sales...and i hate it when i've been talking to a potential customer...and they are testing the software...yadda yadda yadda....and i can never get in touch with them. finally, when i do, they tell me that the software is too much for them. i think to myself "couldn't you have called me to tell me this instead of me tracking you down for the past month???".

a phone call would have been nice. i see why that bothered you.

Poison123 - i have no idea why he took on so many jobs when his wife had cancer. maybe it's the fact that she's sick and can't work...so he has to support both of them (and the kids if he has kids). just because she has cancer...that doesn't mean his bills stop. ya know?

BKMC - i never said the way he handled it wasn't unprofessional. i was just saying that he shouldn't be the one taking all of the insults and bashing. Mike was the one who did the crappy job. yes, i think the way he handled it was pretty annoying to cat. i agree with you.
Old 08-26-2004 | 07:41 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

that's the attitude i like to see. that's the mature side i've seen before. i know you are a very smart girl...i know you are a very nice girl. don't let anger get to you. it's not worth it at all.

when someone in your life has cancer...5 minutes can be a long time. when he's traveling as much as he is....and being away from his sick wife....i'm sure he's got more stress than many of us combined. i have a few friends that have parents or siblings or significant others that are going through cancer treatment. it's not the easiest thing. they are never around....not even to talk to on the phone.

but, i'm glad you calmed down a bit. i wish you luck and i'm sure it will all get setted.

While I don't want to drag things on here, I think it's important to make a point. Cat did NOT do business with Dave Stoner, family man. She did business with IPDG. Regardless of whether Dave is a sole proprietor or if IPDG is a LLC or what have you, it is that corporation with which the business was conducted. Otherwise, the parts Cat bought would have been listed in the private classifieds section for sale by Dave, and she would have arranged for her own body shop to do the work.

I was one of the first in this thread to say that a) His personal life is not an appropriate topic of discussion in this thread, and b) his personal circumstances are tragic and deserve some understanding. I was also the first to say that IF those circumstances rendered Dave unable to conduct business on behalf of IPDG efficiently and appropriately enough to satisfy such a drastic case as this, then he should have authorized someone to act with full power in his stead while he is dealing with more important issues so that the customers of that company do not feel slighted.

This is the point: Dave deserves all the time in the world to go and be with his family, there's no question about that. I know that's where I would be. But when you can't effectively "mind the store", it's time to hire a store manager so that your personal issues don't bring down the business and make alot of people unhappy in the process, regardless of how petty their unhappiness may seem in contrast. That's called good business, and it would allow him the freedom to do what he needs to do on a personal front without harming the company.

It's great that you're laid back enough to not get upset about events like this and the one you described, but you're probably the exception more than the norm.

I'll expect to see your same post about immaturity directed at MRMDFY in his thread about his gas tank problem in which he documented a similar chain of events with a dealership.
Old 08-26-2004 | 07:45 PM
2003z

Sick wife or not, If its true that IPDG received the car back from the paint shop, then the clear bra shop, and delivered it to Cat in that condition, that is not a vendor I will do business with ever again. He should have explained that the job looked like *** and he was going to make it right, instead of attempting to pass it off and deliver the car.

btw, I ordered a set of wheels from him, and they came real quick, but one of the centercaps was plastic and didnt match the other 3 aluminum ones. After a couple of times having him say he ordered me a replacement, I gave up, and lived with it.
Old 08-26-2004 | 07:47 PM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by kcobean
While I don't want to drag things on here, I think it's important to make a point. Cat did NOT do business with Dave Stoner, family man. She did business with IPDG. Regardless of whether Dave is a sole proprietor or if IPDG is a LLC or what have you, it is that corporation with which the business was conducted. Otherwise, the parts Cat bought would have been listed in the private classifieds section for sale by Dave, and she would have arranged for her own body shop to do the work.

I was one of the first in this thread to say that a) His personal life is not an appropriate topic of discussion in this thread, and b) his personal circumstances are tragic and deserve some understanding. I was also the first to say that IF those circumstances rendered Dave unable to conduct business on behalf of IPDG efficiently and appropriately enough to satisfy such a drastic case as this, then he should have authorized someone to act with full power in his stead while he is dealing with more important issues so that the customers of that company do not feel slighted.

This is the point: Dave deserves all the time in the world to go and be with his family, there's no question about that. I know that's where I would be. But when you can't effectively "mind the store", it's time to hire a store manager so that your personal issues don't bring down the business and make alot of people unhappy in the process, regardless of how petty their unhappiness may seem in contrast. That's called good business, and it would allow him the freedom to do what he needs to do on a personal front without harming the company.

It's great that you're laid back enough to not get upset about events like this and the one you described, but you're probably the exception more than the norm.

I'll expect to see your same post about immaturity directed at MRMDFY in his thread about his gas tank problem in which he documented a similar chain of events with a dealership.
i would post in that thread...but i never read it. every time i get a notification...i delete it. haha.

but, yes, he should have hired someone to take responsibility. to try to take all of it under his wing...well, that's a lot of pressure to take. and, if anything were to happen (in this case, something did)...he gets blamed.
Old 08-26-2004 | 07:54 PM
DBZCat

Djkern one thing to remember as well though is the fact that i didn't bash just Dave, I bashed the fact that he allowed my car to be done by the shop HE picked out. I bashed the painter and tried to resolve directly through him, yet Dave insisisted that he represent them and I am not to speak to them again... Yet it all comes back to i did business through Dave and for him to let the car be delivered in such condition should have never taken place... <sigh>

who really knows what's going to happen, that is left for Dave...
Old 08-26-2004 | 07:59 PM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by cat2102
Djkern one thing to remember as well though is the fact that i didn't bash just Dave, I bashed the fact that he allowed my car to be done by the shop HE picked out. I bashed the painter and tried to resolve directly through him, yet Dave insisisted that he represent them and I am not to speak to them again... Yet it all comes back to i did business through Dave and for him to let the car be delivered in such condition should have never taken place... <sigh>

who really knows what's going to happen, that is left for Dave...
then that is a mistake on dave's part. if he doesn't want you to talk to Mike...he needs to be in contact with both of you.

Dave didn't handle it very well. I've stated that from the beginning. I just hate to see all the anger flying around and all of the badmouthing. it never accomplishes much.

but, again, i wish you luck....i'm sure it'll get settled...and it's a lesson you had to learn the hard way. it always sucks when it's you learning the lesson. i hate when it happens to me!
Old 08-26-2004 | 09:07 PM
vice86

i ordered my Ings replica kit from Dave...and I must admit...trying to get a hold of ANYONE there was near impossible. I could tell the voice mail would pick up by the way the ring sounded..and if I was on AIM, it would always be the other guy on there. I did talk to him but it was tough to get a hold of him.
Old 08-26-2004 | 09:35 PM
SlamMan

I think you would be fully within your rights to have another body shop of your choice fix it and have it be paid by the original contractor.

How much elapsed time are we talking about from the time you picked up your car to now?
Old 08-27-2004 | 02:28 AM
DBZ

WTF!!!

Man all the drama one misses from not visiting this forum for a while.

Last edited by DBZ; 08-27-2004 at 02:50 AM.
Old 08-27-2004 | 04:40 AM
2002 Maxima SE

1)How was it again 350Zforums was blocked from posting?
Old 08-27-2004 | 05:29 AM
DBZCat

I picked up the car on Sunday. The body shop had completed the work a week earlier, but the car was still with Dave for another week because the clear bra was never put on. So, the car's body work and paint had been done for a week BEFORE I ever picked it up this last Sunday. Also, at the time, Dave was "busy" and he sent his dad to deliver the car, but I immediately called Dave and said this isn't going to work....

the question I want answered is: What are you going to do to fix this Dave?

that doesn't require him being present to answer. He can think about it and call me, email me, PM me with an answer, yet he doesn't he just keeps saying it will be fixed... HOW? is that hard to answer? Again, we both agreed that this body shop will never touch my car again, therefore the only other thing left is to refund me my money, or pay a shop of my choice to fix it; but it will have to completely be redone again.
Old 08-27-2004 | 06:06 AM
jmorriso

then that is a mistake on dave's part. if he doesn't want you to talk to Mike...he needs to be in contact with both of you.

Dave didn't handle it very well. I've stated that from the beginning. I just hate to see all the anger flying around and all of the badmouthing. it never accomplishes much.

but, again, i wish you luck....i'm sure it'll get settled...and it's a lesson you had to learn the hard way. it always sucks when it's you learning the lesson. i hate when it happens to me!

DJ, so if I come up to you and punch you in the mouth, I bet you would probably just say it was your fault for standing there in the first place! Are you a liberal or something, ya seem kinda passive, well no, very much a passive person. Grow some hoss, all this "mature" bs talk is killing me and boring the hell out of me! You're not Cat's daddy, so stop with all the "How to act and how to treat other people" lap talk. She has a right to be upset and defend herself, as does Dave. Don't be counseling others during their issues like you have been doing, you're not a judge in this matter, you're one of us. Just be there to support them and encourage them to resolve the matter, not add to the bs and try to paint this pretty picture of life and how to treat people and bla bla bla bla bla.....my God!
Old 08-27-2004 | 06:43 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by jmorriso
DJ, so if I come up to you and punch you in the mouth, I bet you would probably just say it was your fault for standing there in the first place! Are you a liberal or something, ya seem kinda passive, well no, very much a passive person. Grow some hoss, all this "mature" bs talk is killing me and boring the hell out of me! You're not Cat's daddy, so stop with all the "How to act and how to treat other people" lap talk. She has a right to be upset and defend herself, as does Dave. Don't be counseling others during their issues like you have been doing, you're not a judge in this matter, you're one of us. Just be there to support them and encourage them to resolve the matter, not add to the bs and try to paint this pretty picture of life and how to treat people and bla bla bla bla bla.....my God!
4 posts and already trying to be a toughguy. toughguy talk over the internet is useless pal.

i'm just mature. guess that's a foreign concept to you.

when you handle things like an adult....you get treated like an adult. i don't want cat to cause dave to push this off even more. cat attacking him and reating to this the way she did...just makes dave not want to deal with the situation at all.

i'm not talking about what SHOULD be done...i'm just talking about how people react to siatuations. if you were eating dinner in a nice restaurant and your steak showed up and was cold....do you scream and yell and ***** at the waiter? i would hope not.

not passive at all...i get my way in any situation. i just know how to react in situations. you're that guy in the restaurants or stores that everyone looks at and says "man, what's that guys problem?"

"you're one of us"....uh, no. i'm not one of you. i only drive the same car.

handling everything with anger gets you nowhere.

you have a lot to learn little boy.
Old 08-27-2004 | 06:55 AM
2002 Maxima SE

when you handle things like an adult....you get treated like an adult. i don't want cat to cause dave to push this off even more. cat attacking him and reating to this the way she did...just makes dave not want to deal with the situation at all.
I'm sorry but I have to disagree. What else could she do? Send a nice letter? Make yet another unanswered call?

Dave has no leg to stand on with this thread. He can't just say "Cat hurt my feelings with her post, so I'm not going to resolve this today". The ball is in his court, he did nothing and so Cat put some pressure on him by making this thread. She did no different than any of the guys here who got screwed by a dealership, posted the experience and said dealership fixes the situation and asks the thread to be removed.

This is a business problem not a personal problem and should be handled that way. If that means hurting his business through this thread so be it but that also means any consequences that Dave intends to direct due to it must be dealt with in the same manner.

"What ifs" and "you should act this way" have nothing to do with this situation. I'd say Cat needs to push it up to the next level and retain legal counsel, it is obvious her money is not on the way back to her.

Last edited by 2002 Maxima SE; 08-27-2004 at 07:01 AM.
Old 08-27-2004 | 07:00 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

4 posts and already trying to be a toughguy. toughguy talk over the internet is useless pal.

i'm just mature. guess that's a foreign concept to you.

i'm not talking about what SHOULD be done...i'm just talking about how people react to siatuations. if you were eating dinner in a nice restaurant and your steak showed up and was cold....do you scream and yell and ***** at the waiter? i would hope not.

not passive at all...i get my way in any situation. i just know how to react in situations. you're that guy in the restaurants or stores that everyone looks at and says "man, what's that guys problem?"

"you're one of us"....uh, no. i'm not one of you. i only drive the same car.

handling everything with anger gets you nowhere.

you have a lot to learn little boy.
While I agree with you for the most part, I've discovered a very upsetting trend in the automotive service industry. That trend is that if you're a nice, pleasant, calm, non-irritable customer, the shop you're dealing with will feel comfortable in putting you off for some other priority (read: person who is yelling). I've seen it time and again with dealerships, paint-shops, aftermarket parts suppliers, and the list goes on. Why is the other guy yelling? Because he tried to be nice and HE got ignored for some other guy who was yelling. The circle continues because the industry doesn't address things BEFORE they get bad. It's called laziness.

It's almost as if they are in the firefighting business. When something explodes, they go deal with it, but until that point, whatever it is, it can wait. You almost have to explode just to get on their list of things to resolve. I hate that it's that way, but it's not the customers fault.

It's a disturbing trend that seems to be making it's way into many service industries in this country. It's the "I'll do as little as I can do for you without getting yelled at. When you start yelling, then you become a problem that I have to take care of."

I'm very quickly reaching the point now where I give 'em one strike, then I get ugly. It's simply the fastest way to get things accomplished when you're dealing with people who don't really care if you're happy as long as you go away.

I'm sure that labels me immature, but I'm a product of the environment in which I live, and I refuse to be a door-mat for vendors to wipe their feet on while they're dealing with other people.
Old 08-27-2004 | 07:03 AM
Poison123
Google Bot

Couldn't agree with you more kcobean.

Quick Reply: 350Zforums (DAVE) ****ed up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer