Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Zforums (DAVE) ****ed up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004 | 05:56 PM
bigern1970

Originally posted by cat2102
he basically has said he is going to take care of it, (not how yet though) and will call us when he gets back into town from New orleans Sunday night or monday morning. If I don't hear from him by Monday, first thing Tuesday I am going to file a lawsuit against him and report to the BBB.
We will find out Monday!
just take him to small claims.................ask for the Max I beleive its 5 grand.......make it sound interesting........and then you will get Judge Judy ,,,,,and every other television court room show looking through court files , dying to fly you out to their studios, When you go through this avenue ,,,,,,,your guaranteed your money within 30 days...................Worth a try.......
Old 08-27-2004 | 06:17 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

Originally posted by bigern1970
just take him to small claims.................ask for the Max I beleive its 5 grand.......make it sound interesting........and then you will get Judge Judy ,,,,,and every other television court room show looking through court files , dying to fly you out to their studios, When you go through this avenue ,,,,,,,your guaranteed your money within 30 days...................Worth a try.......
Yep, you are correct.....5K is the max.

Cat, here's a link that may be of interest to you...

http://library.law.smu.edu/resguide/smclaims.htm
Old 08-27-2004 | 08:57 PM
amf813

that would be awesome if you made it on judge judy or people's court or one of those tv court shows!
Old 08-27-2004 | 11:47 PM
superstuddc27

^ i'll be watching! ahah
Old 08-28-2004 | 09:15 AM
DBZCat

hmm, I don't know about the whole T.V fiasco... I've seen a few shows, but I only watched because what they were suing and wanting were ridiculous, there stories were funny and Judge Judy just yells at you...
Old 08-28-2004 | 06:01 PM
DBZCat

So, I've heard that Dave feels like I have been lying and changing my story, whatever....

He also keeps bringing up the fact that i ONCE mentioned my wheels having paint on them because well, there was blue specs on them, I asked once and he said not possible they had just been put on 2 hours before pickup they weren't anywhere near the paint shop and i said ok, and NEVER BROUGHT IT UP AGAIN. no where in this thread have i asked for new wheels, or refund of my wheels Dave!! and just to prove I am not lying about the blue specs, I OF COURSE TOOK PICS!!

As I closely inspected the back right rim, i came to the conclusion that the blue dots were left over from somenoe putting on those stickers that come with the wheel, and peeling them off, not properly cleaning them...

I never asked dave about it again, i never brought it up again, I never asked for a refun of the wheels, yet he keeps bringing it up in his main point of defense!
Old 08-28-2004 | 06:02 PM
DBZCat

rims,,,
Attached Thumbnails 350Zforums (DAVE) fvcked up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer-350-z-custom-install-2-005.jpg  
Old 08-28-2004 | 06:03 PM
DBZCat

another of same rim
Attached Thumbnails 350Zforums (DAVE) fvcked up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer-350-z-custom-install-2-006.jpg  
Old 08-28-2004 | 06:18 PM
DBZCat

why they ever put the stickers on in the first place is beyond me, I didn't want them. I never recieved them either...
Old 08-28-2004 | 06:56 PM
DBZCat

Originally posted by IPT
IMO david isnt at fault for antoher shops paint and fibergalss isnt always the best..

This is not daves fault !!!

Just my 2cents !!!

IPT
Both Dave and I have original copies with both of our sigs on it!

NOTE THE PART THAT SAYS IPDG/DAVID STONER WILL BE HIRING A 3RD PARTY FOR BODYKIT AND PAINT INSTALLATION!

so, IPT, how is this not Daves responability!? yes, he physically didn't do it, but why did he pay them? I payed through Dave as well, which also says in the contract!

also note they had it for a week longer than they were supposed to! I picked my car up Aug. 22, 2004. not Aug. 15 AND no wing was ever installed, you would think that if they knew they weren't going to put on the wing that they would have recieved a new one by now... still waiting on the wing.
Attached Thumbnails 350Zforums (DAVE) fvcked up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer-contract-w-dave-024.jpg  

Last edited by cat2102; 08-28-2004 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-28-2004 | 08:01 PM
Poison123
Google Bot

Actually Cat to me, those specs do look like spray from your car.
Old 08-29-2004 | 04:35 AM
FairladyZ

Your screwed cat. You took your car back and paid the rest of your money. That means your were satisfied with the product. Now you are posting pics of your car online, and even are using one as your avatar.

Just take the hits your gonna take, and learn a very expensive lesson.
Old 08-29-2004 | 04:49 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

Originally posted by FairladyZ
Your screwed cat. You took your car back and paid the rest of your money. That means your were satisfied with the product. Now you are posting pics of your car online, and even are using one as your avatar.

Yeah, imagine that one in a court room...

IPDG: "Your honor, she took pictures of the car and is even using one of the pictures she took as an 'avatar' on an internet forum. Additionally, after we agreed that the shop I hired would never touch it again (completely negating any requirement for it to stay in my posession), she took the car home. It's not relavant that the car is her primary means of transportation or that arrangements to pick the car up at a later time (for no particular reason since my shop isn't going to be working on it) means missed work for both her and her husband and traveling to another state. She MUST secretly be completely satisfied with the shoddy workmanship that every other member of the global Z community (including myself) has said is unacceptable. I want this case dismissed".

Judge: "You must be smoking some good **** if you think that argument holds one ounce of water with me mister."

Additionally, there was no "paid the rest of your money". The full amount was paid up front by cashiers check for all parts and services.

Nice try dude, but that ain't how it works. Besides, I know damn well that if it was your money, you wouldn't take the advice you just handed out. No way in Haiti. Especially if someone just did to your car what got done to Cats.

Last edited by kcobean; 08-29-2004 at 05:03 AM.
Old 08-29-2004 | 04:56 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

Originally posted by cat2102
Both Dave and I have original copies with both of our sigs on it!

NOTE THE PART THAT SAYS IPDG/DAVID STONER WILL BE HIRING A 3RD PARTY FOR BODYKIT AND PAINT INSTALLATION!

so, IPT, how is this not Daves responability!? yes, he physically didn't do it, but why did he pay them? I payed through Dave as well, which also says in the contract!

also note they had it for a week longer than they were supposed to! I picked my car up Aug. 22, 2004. not Aug. 15 AND no wing was ever installed, you would think that if they knew they weren't going to put on the wing that they would have recieved a new one by now... still waiting on the wing.
I would imagine that if this goes to court, (which I don't believe it will, but we'll see) that document is enough to put IPDG on the hook for the paint/installation work. Since you were not involved in the selection of or payment to the body shop, there is no requirement to hold the body shop directly liable for the outcome of the car from a compensational standpoint. That battle should be up to IPDG to fight.

Your issue is clearly with IPDG.
Old 08-29-2004 | 07:15 AM
Z04

all of this sounds reminicent of what happened to the 3G elipse community with Show Car Parts, which was ran by Dave Stoner. As soon as problems arise the blame or excuses start to fly. Whatever the outcome i hope things work out for you Cat. As for me knowing the history with SCP then seeing he was catering to a new community, it made me sure i would take my business elsewhere.
Old 08-29-2004 | 08:13 AM
DBZCat

Originally posted by FairladyZ

hmm, I didn't realize that by me posting pics and using my car as an avatar results in me being satisfied with the product. There was no way in hell I was going to let my car stay with Dave any longer...on top of that, the car was gone for 2 weeks, and I am married. we only had one car w/o the Z and I needed my car back, because I satarted school, I play softball for the college, and I am a head coach of a middle school softball team that is an hour away from where I live, and the school is 30 min from where I live, I can't have Chris dropping me off for these activities, i am gone all day long, how is Chris supposed to get around?

I picked up the car and immediately expressed my dissapoint and dissatisfaction with the work. Dave said he would get it fixed and the only way for me to get my car back was to give him the money....knowing this was not over!! i wasn't gonna let my car be there another 2 months! ( which seems to be the time frame that Dave takes care of things in )

It's funny how with the 250 so replies, only 3 people have actually said that Dave is okay on this matter... Bottom line, with the contract I presented, this case will be over in 5 min. in court and that's that!

Like I said before this could have been a simple and easy progress. I never once have yelled or cussed at Dave. i was very understanding everytime I talked to him and believed what he said ( when I actaully got to speak with him )

I guess since we are satisfied and tell the truth in our avatars, it would be easy for you to take the hit and learn an expensive lesson because well, it isn't your money!! "parent funded" not saying that is a bad thing, yet when things like this happen it's easier to go down the road cause you know it's gonna get fixed and it wasnt your money, whereas in my sitation, it's my own money, and I'm not willing to just walk away like you are suggesting, and nobody else has suggested that yet either by the way...but like I said before, i am only writing this paragraph because it holds true in the fact that it's easier if it isn't your money, your car, etc... not saying that you don't spend your own money for your car or toys, yet only in your avatar does it say "parent funded" and since you are assuming that I am "satisfied" because I used it an avatar, I should assume that that saying is holds true to you as well as well as everybody else...

this is a quote from you in a past thread. I copied and pasted it here. "I work part time, school full time, and yes the car breaks me. If I wasnt "parent funded" there is no way in hell I could have this car." So, let's say YOU pay for the installation part with the money from your part time job and your car comes back looking like that. Basically you don't have money to fix it cause the car "breaks" you and you are going to just walk away? or maybe, just ask your dad to fix it, which isn't an option for me...

Since you are freely handing out suggestions, why don't you tell me what else i should have done differently in this whole situation. Hopefully you have read and understand what exactly is going on before you reply or your gonna sound ridiculous like Dave did when he replied and didn't even address the issue.

I think we all have seen that from far away it looks good, well hell from far away alot of things look good, yet when you gradually get closer it's not so pretty anymore.

There have only been a few people, maybe 3-4 that actaully say it's not Dave's fault, yet, so far those people that responded are really good friends with Dave and I am sure that they have spoken to him while I hear the excuses of why he can't talk to me...

Last edited by cat2102; 08-29-2004 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-29-2004 | 02:08 PM
DBZCat

tail lamp overspray...
Attached Thumbnails 350Zforums (DAVE) fvcked up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer-350-z-custom-install-2-035.jpg  
Old 08-29-2004 | 08:15 PM
xray2

How can Dave Stoner be put on a "permanent" watch, since he seems to be the source of much ire in every car related business her runs. It might work for Smoothie King, but I am not sensing any accountability here. Maybe he can stroke the pennies from people in other forums, but at least he can be stonewalled here.
Old 08-30-2004 | 12:50 AM
TheLex

my guess is if you bring GOOD quality pics of the damage, overspray, loose aero kit, etc., in a small claims court, you'd win in a heartbeat. Of course, make sure you get at least a couple of estimates from well established shops on what they would charge to fix up the damage. That way you can sue for not only the money you paid, but also to have the car fixed right.
Old 08-30-2004 | 06:09 PM
DBZCat

yup, good point. TheLex.. ( I have plenty of pics!!)

Dave contacted me via PM today and threw out some ideas on how to get this problem fixed. We are gonna set up a meeting and see what can be done. He is trying, therefore I am going to give him another opportunity, but only if I agree and on my terms... we will see what happens. We won't have the meeting until this weekend (hasn't been set up yet though) because I have to drive back to Tx to do so...

I already have a shop picked out here in OK, I have seen there work and they have already given me an estimate. I really want to stick with this shop near home because well it is near home, and I picked it and wouldn't have to deal with a middle man.

We will see what happens. I will of course update as i recieve any information!

Quick Reply: 350Zforums (DAVE) ****ed up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer