Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Zforums (DAVE) ****ed up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 12:15 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by milanista
I bet this Dave guy is some toothless mother****er (typical texas trailer trash) who made up the bit about his wife having cancer. And if she does, and he actualy gives a rat's *** about her, that's Kharma at work.....
Whoa dude, look outside...Any thunder-clouds looming over your house?

Mr. Stoner's personal matters are not really an appropriate topic of conversation for this board, and I'm sure that all of us (well, most anyway) sincerely hope (and pray, if you're so inclined) that things work out for him and his family despite any difficulties we may have had with him in business.

I have been careful in my forum communication regarding this vendor not to bring to the public what I know about his personal situation because it is just that...personal. Despite any mention of it to his customers in his business dealings, it is not for any of us to elaborate, discuss, project, or otherwise postulate on.

Cat is understandably very upset and in a revenge mode right now, so it's understandable that it might have slipped past her "filters" to bring this up, but you don't hear her ill-wishing against him in the capacity which you have expressed. I have corresponded with her enough to know that opening him up for ridicule on a personal front was the furthest thing from her mind. This is business for her, plain and simple (even though it's "personal business")

Despite your callous comments, I wouldn't wish what he is going through on you or your family. Show a little humanity.

Last edited by kcobean; 08-25-2004 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:29 PM
djkern
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i hate how everyone uses "i'm gonna sue you" as a threat to get something solved. it never works.

i hope it get settled though.

post pics....let us be the judge.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:36 PM
hedgefundattny

If this has not been resolved by now given all your efforts, I would not wait any longer to get a lawyer. In civil suits in texas if the defendant does not settle with you after a set period of time, and you win just $1 you will we awarded attorneys fees. Any respectable business person would have resolved the issue immediately and would have been a hell of a lot more available to discuss the situation with you. It it amazing how fast your situation will be resolved once you file suit as $1,500 may not sound like a lot of money to him now but when he is faced with paying your legal bill and his own attorney's bill that $1,500 now is over $10k. Just my 2 cents. Good Luck.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:44 PM
DBZCat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UPDATE: This is an email from Dave that was sent to me today. Hopefully this meeting really goes through and everyone is physically there so we can work it out.

Ok i will call this in to you as well just covering my bases

Angel and Mike can meet tonite at 6:30 at synthetic. Can Chris be there? I have 2 SK required meetings that are requiredi n irving and they go until they are done. I am just trying to get chris helped as fast as possible so he can go home.

I will do my best to make it but the first meeting is 4:30 near the mall. This way the 2 people that had a physical hand in the car are a sure fire to attend. Also with those 2 present, the misrepresentations against me will be easily removed.

I'll call you 2 now and I'll try to see chris tonite.

I am leaving tomorrow to new orleans for my yearly franchisee review and classes.

An interesting thing to think about. Like I said before I don't believe anyone involved with my car right now because this situation has forced me to be this way. i am only stating what was said by other so many things are contradictiong from people involved.

Dave basically told me as well, that Mike doesn't want to deal with us because we are not HIS CUSTOMERS, only Dave's??? WHAT!? YOU are working on MY car, how can I not be your
customer? Another thing is that when we spoke with Mike the first time (Monday) Chris said to him, this is a NEW CAR, only a month old and it is a Z. I know it isn't a 100,000 car, but no way does he work on anything THAT NICE. Mike's reply to that comment was, I don't car what kind of car to me, if it's a CIVIC or a LEXUS or a 10 year old car. All I know is that I have a body kit and car.... PRICELESS!!

will further update on the meeting tonight! My gut feeling is, I will never see that money again....
Old 08-25-2004, 01:00 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by cat2102
UPDATE: This is an email from Dave that was sent to me today. Hopefully this meeting really goes through and everyone is physically there so we can work it out.

Ok i will call this in to you as well just covering my bases

Angel and Mike can meet tonite at 6:30 at synthetic. Can Chris be there? I have 2 SK required meetings that are requiredi n irving and they go until they are done. I am just trying to get chris helped as fast as possible so he can go home.

I will do my best to make it but the first meeting is 4:30 near the mall. This way the 2 people that had a physical hand in the car are a sure fire to attend. Also with those 2 present, the misrepresentations against me will be easily removed.

I'll call you 2 now and I'll try to see chris tonite.

I am leaving tomorrow to new orleans for my yearly franchisee review and classes.

An interesting thing to think about. Like I said before I don't believe anyone involved with my car right now because this situation has forced me to be this way. i am only stating what was said by other so many things are contradictiong from people involved.

Dave basically told me as well, that Mike doesn't want to deal with us because we are not HIS CUSTOMERS, only Dave's??? WHAT!? YOU are working on MY car, how can I not be your
customer? Another thing is that when we spoke with Mike the first time (Monday) Chris said to him, this is a NEW CAR, only a month old and it is a Z. I know it isn't a 100,000 car, but no way does he work on anything THAT NICE. Mike's reply to that comment was, I don't car what kind of car to me, if it's a CIVIC or a LEXUS or a 10 year old car. All I know is that I have a body kit and car.... PRICELESS!!

will further update on the meeting tonight! My gut feeling is, I will never see that money again....
Cat,
I must say that I understand where Mike is coming from. To him, YOU are not a *paying* customer, despite the fact that it's your car he just f'd up. The money for the work and the car on which it was to be done were both provided my 350zforums.

Here's the catch...This is a GOOD thing for you. Mike honestly sounds about as indignant and corrupt as they come. You don't want to deal with him because his lack of concern for the quality of his work will soon blend with his cowardace to take any form of responsibility for making it right.

At this point, I'd just get the heck away from him (after this meeting of course). Deal with the vendor. He's the one who you handed your cashiers check to, he's the one that is ultimately accountable for the outcome of your car. He's the one you'll have to go after if this gets ugly. He has more to lose by not making it right (remember that paint shops are local businesses, while 350zforums.org has a global (and globally reachable) customer base. Let the vendor fight your battle for you with the paint shop. If you fight it and lose, you're done. If he fights it and loses, he still has to answer to you, the customer.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:00 PM
Happyending
Banned

He is a DOUECHBAG..Bottom line I personally have had issues with him and he is a ***** and a liar!!!He will repeatedly lie to you about things being in stock or shipped ECT.. and he wil ALWAYS blame others for his misfortunes, but then when he gets a bad review he runs and cries to that little ***** victor who locks or deletes the thread..
DONT buy from 350zforums, he was thrown off the HONDA boards for the same reason, do your homework people..
Old 08-25-2004, 01:01 PM
DBZCat

Ok, just read some replies. I will try to cover them....

I have pictures, but like I said, Chris (my husband) has them and is in Texas, I am in oklahoma. Chris will not be back until this matter is resolved so I don't have a time frame of when i will be able to post the pictures. I will post ASAP trust me!

IF you have doubts on "let us be the judge" that is fine and understandable. XSMALLPAULX a memeber here has seen the car in person, feel free to ask him his opinions if you are really that concerned with (Maybe I'm making it out to be more than it is) I feel that my patience with Dave has been well over extended past anyone elses limit. I have resorted to this "threat" because I am left with nothing else to do and I AM NOT GOING TO WALK AWAY! I let him know that i was upset and wanted it fixed NOW. I gave him ample time and still no calls, no repsonse, etc...

I did unfortunately bring to attention a personal matter of Dave's to the board which is not right, I was just writing and explaining the facts and copying text from PMs between us. I even mentioned I prayed for their family. For anyone to say anything bad about this topic should think twice. I apologize, but Dave's willingness to bring this up, like i said before is unprofessional and that has been agreed on.

Yes, I am VERY UNHAPPY with the paint guy as well, Not just David. But like others said after that post is that David was the "set-up" guy therfore it is his responsability to make sure the customer is completely satisfied. David should have made sure before he put himself in this position that the job would be perfect. Another thing is that like i said before, I paid THROUGH DAVE for the body+paint install and clear bra, because unfortunately I trusted him. So by me paying and having documented that I gave David Stoner/ IPDG a check for 1,550 states my case very clearly that not only is the painter my problem David is as well...

There are several things to be learned from anything and I have learned many, I felt that by me paying "cash" would motivate them to get the job done right and not have to wait for the credit card to go through and have the bank pay later, etc. My mistake, like I said you live and learn, but I am not going to just give up!!!!
Old 08-25-2004, 01:06 PM
DBZCat

Originally posted by Happyending
He is a DOUECHBAG..Bottom line I personally have had issues with him and he is a ***** and a liar!!!He will repeatedly lie to you about things being in stock or shipped ECT.. and he wil ALWAYS blame others for his misfortunes, but then when he gets a bad review he runs and cries to that little ***** victor who locks or deletes the thread..
DONT buy from 350zforums, he was thrown off the HONDA boards for the same reason, do your homework people..
Fortunately on my behalf i have met Victor and we are good friends now. So I am not worried about that!! Although, you can be sure that whenver this car gets back that if it isn't fixed i will be showing Victor as well as the pictures I took of the pickup!!

I'm not saying Victor is on my side or his, just the fact that Victor will know what's really going, see the car firsthand and won't save Dave's @ss.

As for the Honda statement, i did not know this. I've never visited the Honda site. But when i read all the reviews about Dave it seemed like a Homerun!! I guess most people don't want to post negative comments because they don't want to deal with it??? i don't know, it seems that alot of people have had a hard time with 350zForums (Dave) and I was not aware...
Old 08-25-2004, 01:11 PM
Happyending
Banned

Fortunately on my behalf i have met Victor and we are good friends now. So I am not worried about that!! Although, you can be sure that whenver this car gets back that if it isn't fixed i will be showing Victor as well as the pictures I took of the pickup!!

I'm not saying Victor is on my side or his, just the fact that Victor will know what's really going, see the car firsthand and won't save Dave's @ss.

As for the Honda statement, i did not know this. I've never visited the Honda site. But when i read all the reviews about Dave it seemed like a Homerun!! I guess most people don't want to post negative comments because they don't want to deal with it??? i don't know, it seems that alot of people have had a hard time with 350zForums (Dave) and I was not aware...

Thats cause all the negative reviews get deleted cause he pays money to advertise on this site.So who do you think the Admins are going to go out of their way for?A paying vendor or some anonomous screen name who is pissed off? Its called POLITICS people, smarten up..

Last edited by Happyending; 08-25-2004 at 01:13 PM.
DBZCat

Originally posted by kcobean
Cat,
I must say that I understand where Mike is coming from. To him, YOU are not a *paying* customer, despite the fact that it's your car he just f'd up. The money for the work and the car on which it was to be done were both provided my 350zforums.

Here's the catch...This is a GOOD thing for you. Mike honestly sounds about as indignant and corrupt as they come. You don't want to deal with him because his lack of concern for the quality of his work will soon blend with his cowardace to take any form of responsibility for making it right.

At this point, I'd just get the heck away from him (after this meeting of course). Deal with the vendor. He's the one who you handed your cashiers check to, he's the one that is ultimately accountable for the outcome of your car. He's the one you'll have to go after if this gets ugly. He has more to lose by not making it right (remember that paint shops are local businesses, while 350zforums.org has a global (and globally reachable) customer base. Let the vendor fight your battle for you with the paint shop. If you fight it and lose, you're done. If he fights it and loses, he still has to answer to you, the customer.
I totally agree with you and have actually made that decision. ( the meeting is an exception because Dave will be there "representing" Mike like he requested therefore all things are through Dave as he requested and as i agreed to because like you said, "If he fights it and loses, he still has to answer to you, the customer."

Yet AGAIN, I agree with everything you say!
Like you said, Zoulmates!
georgiaboy
Banned

he hasnt even responded yet, LOL
Old 08-25-2004, 01:13 PM
DBZCat

Originally posted by Happyending
Thats cause all the negative reviews get deleted...
WHY? HOW? I DIDN"T KNOW THIS!? THAT"S ****ED UP!

This WHOLE thing could have never existed!!! that's life!
Old 08-25-2004, 01:15 PM
Happyending
Banned

WHY? HOW? I DIDN"T KNOW THIS!? THAT"S ****ED UP!

This WHOLE thing could have never existed!!! that's life!

See my edited post..Its called politics people...
Old 08-25-2004, 01:19 PM
DBZCat

so why even start a vendor review section???
Old 08-25-2004, 01:26 PM
Happyending
Banned

so why even start a vendor review section???
Why dont you ask Victor...
Old 08-25-2004, 01:49 PM
Hereje0

I've seen the job that they did on Cat's car and can tell you that there is NO earthly excuse that someone could give to me that i would accept as to why it was given back to her in the condition that it was. How these people are still in business I really don't understand. Cat, if you or your husband need pictures posted or any other help, let me know.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:00 PM
DBZCat

Thanks Nick! I will let ya know if I need any help! The pics are on a Digital camera, so you can hook them up straight into the computer and resize them right?? Do you need a specific program to resize though? :confused on this part:
Old 08-25-2004, 02:05 PM
Happyending
Banned

Thanks Nick! I will let ya know if I need any help! The pics are on a Digital camera, so you can hook them up straight into the computer and resize them right?? Do you need a specific program to resize though? :confused on this part:
You should be able to resize them using a basic picture viewer program , most likely came with the camera..If your using windows xp just open it using the viewer then resize it to 640x480 pixels..
Old 08-25-2004, 02:07 PM
Hereje0

resizing the pictures is no problem once they're on a computer. Just let me know if you need them posted
Old 08-25-2004, 02:10 PM
DBZCat

OK, kewl deal!! Chris has a shop right by UTA, off of cooper and like 2 min. away so if it takes forevor I might call in a favor!

Quick Reply: 350Zforums (DAVE) ****ed up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer