Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Zforums (DAVE) ****ed up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004 | 03:43 PM
Red6

Man this happens far to much with knock off kits.

The fitment is bad, the fiberglass reacts to paint, and the cost is way to much to fix.

This is why we refuse to sell these kits.

Sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience.
Old 08-25-2004 | 03:50 PM
DBZCat

Unfortunately RED6 this is the JP Aero kit from Japan. I ordered these through Rollin' car customs, so this in NOT a knock off kit....
Old 08-25-2004 | 03:56 PM
willpower

There are bodyshops and there are bodyshops......And then there are guys like these cowboys,they should not be in buisness I hope the BBB closes them down. How the hell could a bodyshop return a car looking like that jeeeez makes my blood boil (I work In a bodyshop) whether a coustomer pays $1 or a $1000 you always do your best work.....I know Its easy for me to say this and Im not trying to be a smart a$$ or a wise guy but nobody should ever deal with a go between (Dave) when things go wrong Its so hard to get control of the situation, I wish somebody would come into my shop and tell me money is no object I'd think I'd hit the jackpot....But seriously the shop should have given you a firm price for the work you wanted them to do you can tell alot from a bodyshop by how much they are gonna charge you. Take your car to a reputable bodyshop If you buy a replacement body kit,and your gonna need too,make sure they pre fit the kit before they paint it cus If they paint It and It doesent fit your stuck with It the supplier wont take it back.could be contamination under the clear bra ie...greece or compond but yeah leave It for about a month If It's fresh paint.

I know this doesent really help you now,But I hope you get every penny you gave this micky mouse opperation and If I were you I'd sue the sons of bit6hes.
If you need any advise on the body side of things dont hesitate to ask.

GOOD LUCK......................Moss
Old 08-25-2004 | 04:04 PM
DBZCat

How do i go about reporting to the BBB, how does it work? Do I submit a case and show them how the car looks?? The go between does suck and makes this situation harder, but the fact is the body guy could care less, he doesn't want to talk to us, and well, I payed Dave for this stuff to be done, so all in all, Dave is responsible for the money invested into this shitty project. After tonight, David not showing up to his OWN meeting that HE set up is ridiculous. I am going to get my lawyer involved now and start the procedures of sueing him.

If anyone wants to give Dave your own piece of mind... 817 619 6122, he'll probably answer an unfamiliar number call because he will think you are a new customer wanting to buy something...no one probably will... but hey! you never know. This is his "work cell" you can get it on the site, so don't think i am just hading out phone numbers...

I am so PISSED>>>> I can't believe this is happening...

Just called Dave again and he picked up then hung up... how childish!

Last edited by cat2102; 08-25-2004 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-25-2004 | 04:24 PM
djkern
Banned

wow....that sucks. JP aero kit? is that different from the nismo kit?

it says this in your signature:

Nismo front end w/ 3M clear bra
Nismo rear wing
Vizage fiberglass sideskirts
Vizage fiberglass rear end

i think they just sent you a knock off kit. it looks really crappy made (bumps everywhere....etc). and, the shop you took it to.....man, they suck. i'm glad i have a guy that will work on my car till he's happy with his work. he painted the front bumper....didn't like that there was a little bit of texture....so he sanded it and painted it again. also, he throws a lot of it in for free. also, it's fiberglass....it was shipped from japan....obviously it's going to get distorted and whatnot. i had mine shipped from canada and they had to fix the sideskirts since they got a little out of shape. but, he said it was the best nismo kit he's installed.

next time....go to a shop that's in a nice area....not a ghetto!

sorry to hear about this....you are right....the job they don't is shiit! hopefully he'll fix it!

good luck!
Old 08-25-2004 | 04:29 PM
DBZCat

JP Aero and Vizage are the same thing. Vizage is the US name and JP Aero is the Japan name. (Nismo) and (Vizage/JP) aero are different kits
Old 08-25-2004 | 04:37 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

Originally posted by Red6
Man this happens far to much with knock off kits.

The fitment is bad, the fiberglass reacts to paint, and the cost is way to much to fix.

This is why we refuse to sell these kits.

Sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience.
Knock offs? Cat's and my Vizage kit came in the same shipment from Japan. The body shop that is installing mine said that this is one of the finest quality kits they have seen. There is nothing knock-off about this kit. Additionally, Fiberglass that is properly prepped and primered should have no problem taking paint, regardless of the fiberglass (assuming that it's cured properly).
Old 08-25-2004 | 04:37 PM
Chicken

It's a great kit, so said my body shop. Quality was A+ and fitment was A+ (especially compared to some other kits he's seen and a kit he showed me).

cat2102, not that you need reassurance that it was a crappy job, nor other pictures since you've seen the skirts installed on another car already, but here's some pictures of the same kit (1/2 is yours, 1/2 is mine)...
Attached Thumbnails 350Zforums (DAVE) fvcked up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer-z_img_2893.jpg  
Old 08-25-2004 | 04:38 PM
Chicken

And here's the other shot you provided...
Attached Thumbnails 350Zforums (DAVE) fvcked up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer-z_img_2894.jpg  
Old 08-25-2004 | 04:41 PM
Chicken

Also, not sure if you notice in the second picture, but my shop did some custom work on the skirts to wrap it at the top. Here's a better shot. Might want to consider having this done (looks better IMHO). They did it without asking as they knew I'd like it. A+ shop and service!
Attached Thumbnails 350Zforums (DAVE) fvcked up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer-z_img_2895.jpg  
Old 08-25-2004 | 04:46 PM
DBZCat

what did they do to make it flush in with the car???? That looks awesome. I might have to make a road trip to cali. Lot's of Z people I could meet on my vacation. How long did it take for install? and how much if you don't mind? could you post more pics of the bodykit?

thanks!
Old 08-25-2004 | 04:49 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

Originally posted by djkern
wow....that sucks. JP aero kit? is that different from the nismo kit?

it says this in your signature:

Nismo front end w/ 3M clear bra
Nismo rear wing
Vizage fiberglass sideskirts
Vizage fiberglass rear end

i think they just sent you a knock off kit. it looks really crappy made (bumps everywhere....etc). and, the shop you took it to.....man, they suck. i'm glad i have a guy that will work on my car till he's happy with his work. he painted the front bumper....didn't like that there was a little bit of texture....so he sanded it and painted it again. also, he throws a lot of it in for free. also, it's fiberglass....it was shipped from japan....obviously it's going to get distorted and whatnot. i had mine shipped from canada and they had to fix the sideskirts since they got a little out of shape. but, he said it was the best nismo kit he's installed.

next time....go to a shop that's in a nice area....not a ghetto!

sorry to hear about this....you are right....the job they don't is shiit! hopefully he'll fix it!

good luck!
Not to sound harsh, but if you don't know the difference between a Nismo kit and a JP/Vizage kit, then how are you going to know the difference between the real thing and a knock off?

Regardless, EVERY fiberglass kit needs surface prepping. Mine did, and as I said above, my body shop said that this is one of the best quality kits they have seen.

Cats posts said that they got debris in the paint, and obviously, the just slapped paint over improperly finished surfaces. That's probably why the finish looks so poor.
Old 08-25-2004 | 04:58 PM
Moroccan_Mole

there's a few things you can do to keep the sideskirt attatched. the 3m tape really doesn't work too well for our side skirts for whatever reason, i had this same problem with my air walker side skirts at first.

you can use an adhesive to 'glue' the side skirts on this works pretty well, but i don't like it because it's a pain if you ever need to take your side skirts off. you can place a rivet the side skirt to keep it down, this is what i did. the only down side is that you can see one of the rivets (i painted it, so it doesn't look too bad), and you've now placed a hole in your brand new side skirt. i like this bc it makes removal easy and it keeps the side skirt in place.
Old 08-25-2004 | 05:02 PM
Chicken

Originally posted by cat2102
what did they do to make it flush in with the car???? That looks awesome. I might have to make a road trip to cali. Lot's of Z people I could meet on my vacation. How long did it take for install? and how much if you don't mind? could you post more pics of the bodykit?

thanks!
They added fiberglass to the top. I've noticed on some you can see the line under the door. This eliminates this by wrapping the skirt over the top. Honestly, it wasn't an exceptional job (meaning maybe not show quality) -but it wasn't expensive either, so for what I paid (around $1,000 for paint and install) they did a great job. It took a few days longer due to this work on the skirts, but it was worth it. I can't rightly recall exactly how long it took them to do it. They had the car a week-ish, but I doubt they were working on it the whole time. Shop was pretty busy.

Come to Cali and check it out!
Attached Thumbnails 350Zforums (DAVE) fvcked up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer-z_img_2753.jpg  
Old 08-25-2004 | 05:03 PM
Chicken

And another...
Attached Thumbnails 350Zforums (DAVE) fvcked up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer-z_img_2754.jpg  
Old 08-25-2004 | 05:05 PM
DBZCat

I have continued to call Dave since 6:30 and I he has picked up and then hung up the phone several times already. I have left 1 message explaining that this matter needs to be resolved and I have given you plenty of time to do so, etc...
I will not let this drag out any further and will be taking a harsher course of action because I am not going to wait around for 2 months to get this thing resolved. I paid you for these services even though you "physically" didn't do them, I went through you and you "hired" them for this job therefore it is you responsibility to refund me my money in full or take care of the matter. You also said in your PM that you represent Mike and Angel, therefore you understand your responsibility in the matter. Since we have both agreed on the work being shitty all around and also agreed that this shop will never touch my car, the only other way this thing can be resolved is to refund me my money in full and let me take it to another shop to get refunded. Mind you I am still waiting on my Nismo wing that I have ALREADY PAID FOR.

<sigh> Dave sucks

Last edited by cat2102; 08-25-2004 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-25-2004 | 05:10 PM
DBZCat

Chicken, I would take that install ANY DAY over mine...

I really want to go there now... 2 weeks or maybe 3 would be a fun vacation. Maybe I can drop it off during my winter break and then go to Tahoe and snowboard! YEAH! I want it now though.... do you have alot of Z gathering in your area, I bet so!! Have you ever met Fowlman01? he is funny and a cool guy. Along with Kcobean I have frequently talked to both Kcobean and Fowlman01 updating my cars situation. This started before the whole incident even began!!!!
Old 08-25-2004 | 05:22 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

Originally posted by Chicken
Also, not sure if you notice in the second picture, but my shop did some custom work on the skirts to wrap it at the top. Here's a better shot. Might want to consider having this done (looks better IMHO). They did it without asking as they knew I'd like it. A+ shop and service!
Hey man, that work looks really great. Very professional! When I get my car back on Friday, I'll post pics of similar areas so we can compare yet another car.
Old 08-25-2004 | 05:31 PM
DBZCat

Originally posted by dave079
And to think if this board wasnt run like a **** camp and bad reviews werent deleted this whole thing could have been avoided by simply seeing that this does and has always done crappy work. I have heard more complaints about this guy than any other vendor, yet he gets special treatment by the powers that be and all his negative responses are deleted. Something is seriously wrong with that.
My thoughts exactly!! I **thought** I had done my homework and was gonna get great work from this deal, while all along this could have been avoided and I would currently be posting beautiful pics of my car with all her new toys! now, Dave has just ruined her and she needs to be fixed NOW!!! I will keep posting if this one is deleted. I will make sure everyone is aware of this because NO ONE should EVER have to go through this!! no one....

Quick Reply: 350Zforums (DAVE) ****ed up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer