Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004 | 05:34 PM
amf813

http://complaints.bbb.org/Welcome.asp
Old 08-25-2004 | 05:38 PM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by cat2102
JP Aero and Vizage are the same thing. Vizage is the US name and JP Aero is the Japan name. (Nismo) and (Vizage/JP) aero are different kits
i know that. you just said you got it all from JP aero....but you then list that you have nismo stuff. i was confused.

if it's all fiberglass....i'm sure it all got distorted while shipping. but, if the shop was quality...they would have fixed it all. your shop was far from quality which sucks!

should have gone with the carbon fiber one (i wish i did). but, then again, my kit fits perfect now (my shop is awesome). only problem is the little chips every so often....but, my shop fixes them all for free.
Old 08-25-2004 | 05:45 PM
DBZCat

if it's all fiberglass....i'm sure it all got distorted while shipping. but, if the shop was quality...they would have fixed it all. your shop was far from quality which sucks!

exactly, therefore there is no excuse. Dave agrees it is shitty. The paint guy says it is too and he could care less cause he says that is what we paid for. Everyone knows it is shitty yet Dave is not doing anything about it. Making attempts yet not showing up to the meeting he planned then not calling and letting us know. he won't answer the phone and supposedly he is going to new orleans tomorrow for some smoothie king ordeal that he has to be at. Which is understandable, he has a store BUT he should have already resolved this issue by now....The car is in Ft worth where he is, My husband is with him yet Dave can't take time to meet him!? I mean **** Chris would willingly drive to Dave, yet why can't that happen? Dave is unwilling and unprofessional. He ****ED UP and not little, he FVUCKED UP BIG!! and he isn't taking responsability, he is blaming it on others....
Old 08-25-2004 | 05:50 PM
Chicken

Chicken, I would take that install ANY DAY over mine...

...do you have alot of Z gathering in your area, I bet so!! Have you ever met Fowlman01?
cat2102, I can imagine. As I think you said, you probably could have done a better job. If I went to pick up my car and it looked like that, I wouldn't have been thrilled, to say the least.

Haven't met Fowlman01 (is this a Chicken thing? ) and have only gone to one gathering in Torrance but wouldn't mind going again.

kcobean, can't wait to see it!

By "not show quality" I mean the imperfections of the edges of the part they fabricated. I'm not **** (and it's not a show car), but after seeing Cat's install, these minute imprefections bother me even less.
Attached Thumbnails 350Zforums (DAVE) fvcked up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer-z_img_2896.jpg  
Old 08-25-2004 | 05:52 PM
Chicken

Here's a shot of the length of the skirt for reference in case anyone else wants to show it to a shop and see if they can copy it. Might help someone...
Attached Thumbnails 350Zforums (DAVE) fvcked up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer-z_img_2899.jpg  
Old 08-25-2004 | 06:02 PM
DBZCat

It'll help me!!

can't they just wet sand around the edges to smooth out those nicks??
Old 08-25-2004 | 06:05 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

That little addition really looks nice Chicken!

It was amazingly hard to find a body shop in my area that would work on Fiberglass. Most shops don't have anyone trained to work with it I guess.

In any case, this shop had another Z in when my kit went in, and I think they said it was either a Wings West or C-West kit, but I wasn't sure from looking at it. I didn't get to see the finished product.

I sincerely hope these folks don't turn out to be a bunch of hacks like this yahoo Cats' car went to. Friday afternoon feels like an eternity away....
Old 08-25-2004 | 06:30 PM
Chicken

It'll help me!!

can't they just wet sand around the edges to smooth out those nicks??
I hope it does help you Cat (and you'll be glad when it's all put on correctly. Will look nice.

They probably could wet sand the edges a bit but if you knew where I worked (at times a seedy area) and the amount of children that rush up to the car with backpacks, you'll know why wet-sanding the edges on an area that can't be seen isn't at the top of my list. I mostly just pray that the car is there when I get of work and that it isn't marked up (had a key-like scratch on the bumper once, fixed when they put the kit on).
Originally posted by kcobean
That little addition really looks nice Chicken!
I'll pass the word on (as I surely can't take the credit).
Old 08-25-2004 | 07:59 PM
DBZCat

Well, I would be scared to park it too! Do you work near a school or something? All the kids walking home, touching the care rubbing and scratching the paint.... man that sucks! That's what we get though, it attracts people
Old 08-25-2004 | 08:16 PM
Chicken

Elementary school, very, very... very... very near.

You have your choice of parking... the street (800 parents pulling in and out between sprayed lines that seem to be large enough for a motorcycle, or in one of the 4 parking spots (which as an added bonus are actually tandem style, so there's really 8 spots and it's awesome to be blocked in by random people every single day). At least that makes it more difficult to steal (silver lining).
Old 08-25-2004 | 08:26 PM
DBZCat

I saved your pics of the car and I am going to show the body shop guy what I want, although he mentioned something like this as an option to me on the phone the other day so I am sure he knows, but just in case!! I can't do anything without the car though. Looking at those pics(pg.4, someone will ask) are just heart wrenching! Just think, that is what my car looks like right now... my god.
Old 08-25-2004 | 08:49 PM
DBZCat

MIKE WAZOWSKI PMED THIS TO ME HIS QUOTE:
ok check this out

a member "Forte" just posted a positive review in dave's review forum. and it is repetitive of what he previously posted. I checked "Forte"'s IP address and it matches Dave on 5 different addresses.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cat2102 wrote on 08-25-2004 11:42 PM:
can i quote what you said?? BTW, i just did a search for Forte and he has posted 8 times. Get this only 6 threads come up and it is either a thread forte started or a thread dave started. Most of his post are either a vendor review or he is thanking him about the kit... WTF!? this is crazy! who posts just reviews on this board and doesn't post anything else??

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike Wazowski wrote on 08-25-2004 11:36 PM:
You can't check his IP address, go ahead and post it in the thread.

quote:

cat2102 wrote on 08-25-2004 11:32 PM:
LOL, can you post this in my thread? or can I post it? is it possible for me to check his IP address? if so , I want to post it! I saw the review to, I found it odd right after Dave signed off it showed up FUNNY!!!!
[quote]
Mike Wazowski wrote on 08-25-2004 11:28 PM:
ok check this out

a member "Forte" just posted a positive review in dave's review forum. and it is repetitive of what he previously posted. I checked "Forte"'s IP address and it matches Dave on 5 different addresses.
Old 08-25-2004 | 08:55 PM
xsmallpaulx

hey peeps. Cat isnt exaggerating when she say that the bodyshop did a crappy*** job. i met up around 11:30 at night and even in the dark you could see all the things wrong in the the paint job. (I cant even imagine what it looks like in the day). secondly the install on the bodykit looked like a 10 yr old kid did it. all the body pieces were really loose and felt like they would fall off any time soon. I felt really bad for her. good luck w/ everyting kat
Old 08-25-2004 | 08:57 PM
DBZCat

I have made Vic aware of my situation and he is helping me take a course of action against Dave. Basically if he doesn't resolve this, he is gone! It would be in his best interest to go ahead and give me my money back otherwise he would be losing ALOT of business... although, not many people want to deal with him from what I understand...

I am not trying to "hurt" anyone, but I have warned David that the longer he takes and ignores the situation, the harsher this will become...Dave has brought this upon himself.
Old 08-25-2004 | 09:03 PM
Silverstone_350

a twist to the story! Vic is on your side!

man, I wouldn't wish your situation on my worst enemy. I'm a very short-tempered guy, so if I came to a body shop to pick up my car and the final product looked like yours? oooooooo there sure would've been a severe beating. Just hearing how he picks up your phone calls by accident and then hangs up right away makes me want to drive to Texas and settle this for you and your husband. The same goes for that crook body shop guy too. I run an auto performance business alongside with school, so just hearing about this guy's "professionalism" makes me want to introduce my 5 fingers all over his face.

Definitely keep us updated!
Old 08-25-2004 | 11:38 PM
peterhong

Had to post a reply so I would be subscribed to this topic. One question I have though is with the mileage on your car. I have skimmed through all the posts and there is no mention of the mileage that was put on your car.

In the original post you stated you dropped the car off with some 3000 miles or so and when you got it back it had an additional 3000+ miles. Did you mean the mileage reading went up from 3100 and change to 3300 and change or did the mileage go up to over 6000 miles. If that is the case, that is ridiculous.

Also, I feel for you on the car and I know how personal we can all get when it comes to our own cars, so stay with it and I definitely advise you consult with an attorney and get the legal ball rolling. Breach of contract, misrepresentation, fraud, negligence, etc.. all come to mind after reading these posts.
Old 08-25-2004 | 11:48 PM
Rayden2001

Damn, ....I spent almost an hour reading this thread . This is crazy. An hour of reading and thats all I can say
Old 08-25-2004 | 11:48 PM
TheLex

since your cousin is an attorney, I'd look into suing these people. Serving him with a summons at his place of business will bring some satisfaction. Contacting whoever licenses business in your town might be another avenue. At this point, not only should you be entitled to compensation for damages to the vehicle, you should also receive compensation for the mileage put on the car.

If you have the resources, the legal system is an excellent way of putting someone out of business.
Old 08-26-2004 | 05:39 AM
DBZCat

Thanks for the input guys. I am definitely Sueing Dave, He has left me no option!!! Contactin whoever licenses business in Ft Worth is defintely a good idea! to answer some questions...

Yes, I dropped the car off with 3,1xx miles and got it back with 3,340 miles. Even though it wasa 200 miles and not 3000 miles I still feel that thi sWHOLE SITUATION was very unprofessional. I was so pissed and brought it up BUT since I don't have anything to prove that, it is just something I can only mention and let die. I feel that the MAIN ISSUE here is my money and the poor job of work that was done to my car, although I would love to get the mileage factor involved as well, I have no proof...

BTW, Rayden your car look so awesome!
Old 08-26-2004 | 05:44 AM
FairladyZ

How much money would the kit cost without paint, and how much did you paywith paint and install?

Quick Reply: 350Zforums (DAVE) ****ed up my car and constantly lies to me. Getting a lawyer