Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Post your favorite "Wow" story

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 06:46 PM
Ohio350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Post your favorite "Wow" story

One of the greatest surprises I have had with the Z is how everyone has reacted to it. I call this the "wow" factor as everywhere I have driven people just say "wow". Here is a great wow story from today. I didn't buy the car for this reason, but like I said it is a pleasant surprise Don't forget to post your favorite stories.

I was driving back from breakfast with my wife and a guy drove by us in a beautiful red "Fairlady" badged 300zx with a sweet mod exhaust pulls up next to us at a light and gives us a thumbs up. He is in the left lane and I am in the right lane. A Nissan Maxima pulls up between us at the light and says "how much do you love driving that sweet ride" I told him I can't get enough. He asks me if it was a new car out on the market, and I said yeah, it is the one replacing the car on your left (the 300zx). He says cool, thanks me for the time, and pulls up a little bit. He pauses, lets his car roll back, and says "that's a Nissan?, holly crap I thought it was a new kind of Porsches!!! LMAO

What's your wow story

Last edited by Ohio350z; 10-20-2002 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-20-2002, 07:24 PM
all_bark

I already put this in another thread but here goes:

I got the Z on thursday night. Friday afternoon I am cruzing around Pacific Beach (San Diego) and a jeep (softop down) pulls up next to me with 4 college girls in it.

The look over and start screaming, "We love your car, its soooooooo beautiful." They all start throwing kisses at me (or more probably the Z) so I throw one back with a wave.

So one in the front and one in the back lift up their shirts and show me those nice firm young college girl *******!

OOOOhhhhhh YYYYYYeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

I LOVE THIS FREAKING CAR!!!!
Old 10-20-2002, 08:05 PM
Ohio350z

Damm Young Hot College Breasts are a bonus!!! Who can top that story?
Old 10-20-2002, 10:25 PM
z350z
Charter Member #13

Originally posted by Ohio350z
Damm Young Hot College Breasts are a bonus!!! Who can top that story?
I got a thumbs-up from an old guy in a WRX!

(Oh, I guess that doesn't top the Hot College Breasts story. Nevermind.)
Old 10-20-2002, 10:40 PM
z461

I have many... First day some guy ran a red light to catch up to me @ 80mph in a 35 mph street so that he could stop at a stoplight and ask me about the car.
A week later I was at Blockbuster and when I came out some guy came over and was like "What kind of Ferrari is that??" Haha... He apparently thought it was some sort of new future vehicle that I was driving around testing.

The same week I was driving back to my dorm room when I was at a stop sign. Some guy slams on his brakes in front of my car, I thought he was gonna carjack me. He jumps out of his car, grin as wide as his face and hops into a horse-stance and gives a thumbs up--jumps back in his car, and drives away (yea..pretty freaky).

Then last week, I was driving through the Glendale Marketplace (a collection of shops) in the parking area and this teenager with his friends sees my car. I'm stopped at the crosswalk waiting for them to drive by, and he gets down on his knees and starts bowing to my car! lol!!

Last week as well I was in La Canada driving next to a high school, at a stop sign 2 hot blonde cheerleaders come up to my car and try to solicit a ride, "Can one of us ride your car?" lol, I nearly broke out laughing.
Old 10-21-2002, 06:04 AM
WashUJon

Can't people READ? lol...

The car says "NISSAN" on the front and back. lol...

Old 10-21-2002, 06:25 AM
mcduck

WOW! My car was unloaded from the ship in Norfolk over the weekend!

This beats out my former best "WOW story"... "getting my VIN number" which had edged out the previous champion, "placing my 350Z order", that held the top spot for over 4 months.

Okay... none of these are that spectacular (and certainly don't rank against flirtatious co-eds... sorry, ladies... we men are easily amused). Hopefully, I'll have something better to add in about two weeks!
Old 10-21-2002, 07:24 AM
MatthewZ

On the way home from the dealer a dreadlocked UPS driver in the big brown truck caught up w/ me to give me the thumbs up and then disappeared.

At a redlight two toothless, tattooed lesbian lovers w/ mullets in a beat up beige Monte Carlo asked me what kind of car I had b/c it looked "Sharp." That made the 9 month wait and the $33,000 all worth it for me.

Then of course there is all the stares from the Ricers, which I enjoy the most. You can almost see them thinking, "damn that would look good with stickers all over it."

I got flashed a nice set of taddies back when I first got my M3 a couple years ago. Hoping for more of the same with the Z.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:38 AM
Carterattorney

About two weeks after owning the new 350Z.. I visited a friend about 15 miles away..from my house.. On the way home, I had an Nissan pathfinder follow me home.!!. All the way to my house.. at First I did not notice it..BUT they turned around near by..and came back to ask me about the car.. IT was a couple in their late 20's and they followed me about 8 miles to my place..
unreal.. I was shocked and flattered. (is that how you spell it)
Attached Thumbnails Post your favorite "Wow" story-thumbsupcar.jpg  
Old 10-21-2002, 10:30 AM
Alang

Can't beat the young flashers, but three girls in a coffee drive-through sent one of their customers over to ask me to drive by so they could see my car. The funniest experience was a couple driving out of the 55 and older community near my house. I was first at a light waiting for the green when they came from the cross traffic direction on my left. They were easily in their 70s driving an early '80s blue chevy cavalier. The BOTH gave me a hugh smile and a thumbs-up. I burst out laughing at the site, and waved back.
Old 10-21-2002, 11:37 AM
mydogscool

I like when I pull out of my neighborhood, and all of the 14 to 16 year old males walking through the neighborhood stand with their jaws agape proclaiming "fu**ing awesome!!!" when my car rolls by, especially when the Xenons are on.
Old 10-21-2002, 11:47 AM
mcduck

I can't say first hand, but I think attention from young college women beats attention from the 14-16 year old neighborhood males everyday of the week.

Hmm.. It may be time to execute my alumni rights and stop by the old college in say... 2 weeks... hehe
Old 10-21-2002, 11:53 AM
Todd

Last week I had a guy in a Boxster follow me into a parking lot to see it and ask me about it.

On Friday, I met a friend of mine for lunch. She saw it and said IS THAT YOUR NEW CAR? IT LOOKS LIKE A PORSCHE! WOW!
Old 10-21-2002, 12:24 PM
Rocket2023

It was a friend of ours birthday and we were heading to the store to pick-up some beer. She had one on her (which, I really didn't pay any attention to that until half way to the corner store) in the passenger seat (of course). I get out and go in while she waits in the Z. After picking up said brew and as I was walking up to the car an Austin police officer walks right up to me, and before I could say anything he opens the driver's side door and peaks in. My friend immediately tried to stash the beer in the side compartment (uh, yeah..like that is gonna fit). The cop looks at me and says, wow! great car, and looks back and her and said, I don't care if your drinking. Now, in Texas there is this little law called 'Open Container', as in - don't have one..get it!

He starts rattling off questions and comments on the Z. Of course I told him he would be crazy not to grab one next year. He agreed, and said. "take it easy and be careful out there." I LMAO. Got back in the car and she was freaking out.."I thought the man had us!", "OMG, I can't believe it!", "^#*##(, that was close!

I was thinking - gotta LOVE THIS CAR!!!

ZZZOOOOM.
Old 10-21-2002, 12:58 PM
gmoneyr1
Charter Member #47

I'd had my car for a little over a week. I was driving home from a friends house when I noticed a truck following my every turn. First thought was that maybe someone likes the car and is just taking a closer look... Then we get to a two four lane section of road and the truck pulls up (along side) to my passenger rear tire area.. He never comes up close enough for me to see his/her face.. Now I'm starting to worry. Maybe a miles or so (and serveral traffic lights) down the road he pulls up and just stares at the car while we're moving 50 mph or so....

We approach the next intersection and he finds himself in the right turning lane but he's not willing to turn just yet (still checking out the cool ride). My light is red but he could turn right but he wouldn't. Cars behind him are blowing/honking their horns and he starts to flip off the guy behind him. Well, the guy behind him gets out of his car the guy in the truck yell "**** you!!".... My light turns green and I was more than happy to get my new Z away from those two.... lol I just drove home smiling....

This car is going to make people kill one another....lol I still want the college **** to show themselves... I'd probably motion for them to follow me to the house...
Old 10-21-2002, 01:21 PM
BullishZ

Originally posted by Rocket2023
It was a friend of ours birthday and we were heading to the store to pick-up some beer. She had one on her (which, I really didn't pay any attention to that until half way to the corner store) in the passenger seat (of course).
You let your passenger drink?

Even just having an open container...

Wow... that's really stupid. Sorry to say.
Old 10-21-2002, 01:25 PM
ibvosko

Default Ferrari Props

I was driving down the 101 in LA when a silver Maranello (sp?) Ferrari pulls up next to me... while I'm gawking at his car he looks over and gives ME a thumbs up for the Super Black z.... how cool is that?
Old 10-21-2002, 03:37 PM
Ohio350z

Keep the stories coming! Maybe I will run a contest for the best "wow" story. You all have them, lets hear them. Once we get enough posts I will pick the top 5 and you can vote who has the best "WOW" story. I will have to figure out a prise, or maybe we can get one of the dealers to donate something. There are only 2 rules. You have to own a 350z and you can't lie!!!!
Old 10-22-2002, 06:48 AM
Rocket2023

Uh, Bullish

Why don't you re-read the thread or, maybe it was not clear enough for you. I didn't notice she was packing a beer - what would have been stupid is to hurl it out of the car on a 4 lane road.

Your acting a bit presumptuous I think.

Last edited by Rocket2023; 10-22-2002 at 06:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Post your favorite "Wow" story