Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

From "v" order number to VIN

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 08:59 AM

's Avatar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From "v" order number to VIN

Received a call today. Here is the summary for all in the same situation.

Ordered the car in September and received an order number at the end of the month. Got the VIN today and will receive the car most likely at the end of November.

I am sooooooooooo happy right now................

Daytona Blue Enthusiast
Old 10-25-2002, 09:06 AM
g35or350z

As said before, this whole pre-order thing is messed up. I ordered June 13, received a V339619 order number in september. I emailed my dealer yesterday, no VIN yet. It is being built right now. So I should expect it in December?
Old 10-25-2002, 09:21 AM
gstdtim

Ordered April. Got order number in June. No VIN because factory skipped making my car in the production line. February delivery.
Old 10-25-2002, 11:08 AM
ddtreadway

I had a W order number (ordered June 20). Got my VIN first week of October and picked up the car on October 23.
Old 10-25-2002, 11:09 AM

's Avatar

I agree that there is a problem with pre-orders I believe the dealers are to blame and that they didn't submit them as a pre-order. I met a person that had a preorder and has their car so I know it has worked.

I will get back to ya on the order # I know it is 3383?? yet I don't have the info infront of me.

I would have walked away from that dealer if I were you G35. Something just ain't right. Yet you have an order number now so you are almost there.

Guess I could be the first "V" order number --- Don't know.
Old 10-25-2002, 02:17 PM
BillyV

After putting my deposit down March 13th, I received my V order number on October 4th and my VIN on October 23rd. I was at the dealership on the 23rd picking up one of the second edition catalogs when the new vehicle print out logs showed up. According to the print out it's enroute and likely due Nov. 19th.
I won't hold my breath but I see the light and am very jazzed!
Old 10-25-2002, 06:52 PM

's Avatar

Well wea are the lucky ones after reading all the threads about not getting a car or a VIN after getting an order number months and months ago. I consider my self lucky.
Old 10-25-2002, 07:13 PM
BillyV

dobuster,
You must be livin' the good lifem to go so far so fast. My hats off to you. I keep telling myself that the long wait is simply an excercise in patience building. It's not doing much good though!
I'm just praying my Touring model is kind to me without the BS Bose problem. Vin # 6288. Time will tell...
Dob, what's your VIN???
Old 10-25-2002, 07:27 PM

's Avatar

My vin is 6324
Old 10-25-2002, 08:14 PM
Scanman

I ordered on 9-9-02 and was told I was part of the pre-order program (never heard of it at the time) and consequently got car for MSRP. Dealer at the time told me a Dec. delivery date.

A week ago I called and for the heck of it I asked for a VIN. The dealer came back with a VIN and a delivery date of Nov. 7...!

This dealership hasn't sold any Z's outright that I know of, and only just got there first one 2 weeks ago (red touring for 37,000 no nav).

I must have slid in on a cancelled pre-order, with no allotment to deal with. Snow country up here with not much money to go around.

CS Track
Old 10-25-2002, 08:46 PM

's Avatar

read all of the previous threads. Pre-orders have not been taken since way before July I believe. What happened is that you went on a list and for some reason got bumped up. Some people fron Cali came to Arizona thinking they could get a car faster. For that reason some people (not me), though I heard straight from personnel at two dealerships, are getting bumped up on the list out of order because they ordered the same car as one that was cancelled. Why they would do this instead of selling it for over MSRP is beyond me -- yet that is what I hear. Can you say honesty. Maybe they can too.
Old 10-25-2002, 09:18 PM
Scanman

I came on this site shortly after I purchased the car. I'v done more lurking than posting and quite frankly I dont think anyone knows for sure when the pre-order program ended. My dealer didnt think it had at the time and thats all the better for me.

I will be interested in seeing if it is the ecxact car I ordered however. I'm a trusting soul and expect it to be. If its not, it will be corrected I'm sure.
Old 10-25-2002, 10:06 PM
gfunk808

what's the deal with "preorder" tracking numbers? is there ANY relation between your alpha prefix (U,V,W) and when you will get your car delivered??

looking at the VIN soup, I don't see any particular delivery order.

anyone have any info??
Old 10-26-2002, 12:12 AM

's Avatar

With regards to order numbers I saw the "W" orders on this forum and then I recieved a "V" if that helps.
Old 10-26-2002, 06:17 AM
Paulv

I placed an order on July 8th (Blue Performance), was told that pre-orders were cut off in mid-June.
As of Oct 25th, dealer can't get me any info, VIN, order #, nothing. When I ordered, he did quote me mid-late December.
Old 10-26-2002, 08:35 AM

's Avatar

PaulV ask the dealer where you are ranked in order.
They only get so many cars allocated for the month and if you are 50th and they are on 20-29 you would get your order number yet.

(My Experience) I must have went to the right place because the other day I called Nissan and asked if the ports affected the ETA of the cars and a woman stated that it only affected the parts not the actual cars. Then I asked if I had a VIN yet and she said the dealer has better info for that kind of inquiry yet she would look into it. Well about 36 hours later I received a phone call from the dealer (person I never spoke to before and didn't buy the car from) and he called due to my previous call to the 1-800 #. He also stated that (we) the dealership has the most recent info and that he would get the info he had. (oh the night before he called and left a message to call him --had a VIN for me) So I received my VIN and what I liked to here just as much as the fact that I am 2 week from getting the car was that he stated "call me all you want to get any info you need. We are taking your money so you have the right to bother us personally and there is no need to call Nissan because the consumer affairs 1-800 # would have to (and did) call us for the info anyway. Feel free to call 100X's a day if needed. We make it a point to have a relationship with customers and start it now-- I know if you ever have a problem with the car you would call right away so don't hesitiate to call to find out updates and possible changes to your delivery date (meaning even sooner)" That was nice to here from a dealership.

Maybe it is me being a pain in the a#@ that allowed me to get my car faster but in all I have only called the dealer 3 times in 3 months.

FYI for ya all.
Old 10-26-2002, 10:11 AM
sage

Start with a good dealer and you won't have any of these problems. Many dealers lie, but not all.

Maybe a reason Bluefish is now the number one Z salesman in the US.
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....&threadid=9383
Old 10-26-2002, 04:26 PM

's Avatar

Sage

Could have said it better.
Old 10-28-2002, 09:28 AM

's Avatar

Holy Crap........

Just got a phone call from the dealership. I was told I will get the car in two weeks OR SOONER. My guess is that there are a lot of cars sitting out on the ocean. They said they would update me if that day changes to an earlier one.

Quick Reply: From "v" order number to VIN