Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 12:47 PM
Faluzure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone post pictures of her at the awards ceremony. I didn't get to snap pictures of her during that.

Originally Posted by VandyZ
I have another pic from another angle showing the same thing! But who are we kidding here, not one of us was not staring at her!

Old 05-23-2005, 01:03 PM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PerfZ
That is guaranteed to be the most posted photo subject of the entire weekend! And nothing wrong with that, either.
I myself took no photos or video of anything. But I agree these are the pictures I wanted to see!

The highlight of my trip was the 12.7 mpg dragon average and the 2 tanks of dragon fuel i burned.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:05 PM
Faluzure

Originally Posted by VandyZ
The highlight of my trip was the 12.7 mpg dragon average and the 2 tanks of dragon fuel i burned.
Man... I dipped down to 8.6 MPG. I must have had mine revv'd too high for downshifting and didn't use enough braking).
Old 05-23-2005, 01:09 PM
GQ 350z

More pics. You east coast guys have all the fun

ravi
Old 05-23-2005, 01:17 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

GQ you should make the trip. I'll bet you would win the Longest Drive award!
Old 05-23-2005, 01:33 PM
RandyF

Originally Posted by GQ 350z
More pics. You east coast guys have all the fun

ravi
It wasn't just east coast guys.

There were a couple of us from Minnesota, one from Iowa, and at least one guy from Canada.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:38 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RandyF
It wasn't just east coast guys.

There were a couple of us from Minnesota, one from Iowa, and at least one guy from Canada.
And the longest drive award went to someone from Mass - he also placed in the car show if I remember correctly (my mind was a bit hazy at that point, although he was sitting right next to me)
Old 05-23-2005, 01:43 PM
mcduck

Click the link guys (it's to one of the many pictures I took). I think the caption says it all. Look at Andy's face! HAHAH.

Just got in and thought I'd take a quick peak at the thread. I tell you what... I bust my a$$ all weekend to make sure you guys & gals have a great event and this is the thanks I get?!?!

Actually, that's a funny shot. I'm going to send Shelley the link... she'll get a kick out of it, too.

Anywho... very busy now that I'm back, but wanted to say a HUGE thank you to all our club and company sponsors, but even more to all you wonderful folks who drove (in some cases drove absolutely ridiculous distances) to attend ZDayZ. I hope everyone had fun.

Be sure to watch our website... we'll be adding a feedback section to the forum so you can tell us more about what you liked and didn't like. We'll take that input to improve our show for next year.

Last item... IMPORTANT!!!. We'd love to have some of your pictures to post on the www.zdayzevents.com 2005 gallery. However, my email box could be come swamped pretty darn quickly. If you'd like to share some photos through our official site, please PM me and I'll send you an address where you can mail us a CD with pics.

Thanks again, everyone, for coming. Go ahead and block May 19-21, 2006 on your calendar... we'll be doing it again!
Old 05-23-2005, 01:47 PM
RandyF

Originally Posted by PerfZ
And the longest drive award went to someone from Mass - he also placed in the car show if I remember correctly (my mind was a bit hazy at that point, although he was sitting right next to me)
I heard about the Mass guy from Dave (the other MN guy). Still not sure how that gets the longest drive, when I know I saw a CA plate there, but I haven't added it up one way or the other.

I missed out on the award ceremony. We were some of the first in line to get our BBQ (the food was GREAT btw Andy or whoever got that organized, great call!), and got up to make room for the huge number of people that showed up since there wasn't enough seating. At that point I realized I had spent the entire day on foot looking at cars and wasn't looking forward to standing another couple of hours to find out who won what, so I went to relax for a bit and hope that the winners would be posted somewhere.

I wish I had stayed now that I know the trophy girl made an appearance there as well!
Old 05-23-2005, 01:53 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Yeah I missed by a few hundred miles that is the quickest 1800 miles i have put on the Z (total round trip) the CA plates I believe were Sharif who doesn't live there any more.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:01 PM
VandyZ

Originally Posted by Faluzure
Man... I dipped down to 8.6 MPG. I must have had mine revv'd too high for downshifting and didn't use enough braking).
You have to shift out of first and second to get better gas mileage, but it put you at some insane speeds for those roads.

Just ribbing you man
Old 05-23-2005, 02:02 PM
mcduck

The California tag was on Sharif's car and he now lives in NC. Also, Long Distance Award was given to a car show entrant. It's possible someone drove further, but did not enter the car show.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:06 PM
bhobson333

Default Interesting pics

Here are some interesting shots. The first is all the trophies in LG's truck (and one standing beside it ), the second is of LG and a beautiful Datsun 810 that was there. I may be mistaken, but the guy circled in red just might be our flyer. The third is a neat trick I thought you might find amusing.
Attached Thumbnails Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread-trophy.jpg   Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread-lg_flyer.jpg   Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread-mpg.jpg  
Old 05-23-2005, 02:30 PM
BobaFettm

WOW! Thats all I have to say to the ZdayZ event!!! It was absolutely amazing!!! I want to rush the rest of the year and next year just so I get to do this again!!! I took over 500 pictures total! From everything that I did the entire trip plus a lot of the cars from ZdayZ!!! I have three different pages of pictures...

Page 1 consists of heading down and the start of the ZdayZ event on Friday!
Page 1
Page 2 is all Saturday with the dragon, the car show, the group pic and the BBQ dinner!
Page 2
Page 3 is Sunday and the Detroit Z club leaving and heading back home!
Page 3

The sites are not complete yet! I am loading a 700+meg file and multiple of zip files to a 1.4gig a bit server! I'll repost once they are transfered and it will be able to upload to you as quickly as your machine can

But for now these lower resolution pictures are on my site... I appologize for any slowness... but a lot of people are looking at the pictures + I'm still uploading over a gig of information to the server for SUPER high speed downloads!

I thank everyone who planned this event! It was more then fun... words and typing on the forum can't even explain how GREAT this was! It was my second time to the dragon... and I know this time meeting everyone and hanging out with fellow Z owners was just amazing! Thank you again!
Here's a few pics from the site as an example!

Detroit Z Club

Thats a lotta Z's!!!

Another Dam Picture!
Old 05-23-2005, 02:34 PM
dougrace zs

A big thanks to Andy and the staff it was a great event. We got a lot of driving in this year and found a few more good roads due to the dragon being overrun with cops , some of the roads we found were maybe as fun as the dragon. Andy if you still wanted to give away that t shirt you mentioned at Fridays dinner I guess you better give it to Brian with Adam and Mathew right behind. I think the blender was a big hit also but we definitely need more mixers for next year.

This was a lot larger event then last year and it was great meeting all the people that I talk to on the phone as well as the people on the boards and meeting new people. Looking forward to seeing yall next year or maybe in the fall if we just go up for the fun of it again.

So thanks again to the Z Days staff it was a great event

Doug
Old 05-23-2005, 02:40 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by dougrace zs
A big thanks to Andy and the staff it was a great event. We got a lot of driving in this year and found a few more good roads due to the dragon being overrun with cops , some of the roads we found were maybe as fun as the dragon. Andy if you still wanted to give away that t shirt you mentioned at Fridays dinner I guess you better give it to Brian with Adam and Mathew right behind. I think the blender was a big hit also but we definitely need more mixers for next year.

This was a lot larger event then last year and it was great meeting all the people that I talk to on the phone as well as the people on the boards and meeting new people. Looking forward to seeing yall next year or maybe in the fall if we just go up for the fun of it again.

So thanks again to the Z Days staff it was a great event

Doug
Great meeting you Doug and awesome run Saturday morning it was a blast following you guys.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:55 PM
sunset

That was most likely me(in "Sunset Z" @ Mach 1...) & of course my daughter as co-pilot. That was a result of finally getting a clear run w/o some car or motorcycle in the way! Had a few scary moments with cops hanging out around the corners as well. But, I knew where they had gone @ that point, so I was ready to LET'R RIP! For just a stock car, I am so impressed...can only imagine what a moded out "Z" would be like? We only got to spend Sat there, but man, what a day! It was just AWESOME!!! My daughter is hooked & wants to go to more shows now. She has, also stated, she would like a Green 240Z I only live an hour away from the Dragon, in Waynesville, NC. I knew it was close, but not that close...It's going to be hard to actually work now, knowing that I could be on the Dragon in an hour! I got the date for next year etched in my brain, I'll be there. Thanks to all who put this great event together. Thanks, also, to DRBONZ...enjoyed the Sat class, great car by the way. C-U-ALL next year, Ciao, David(Sunset)

Last edited by sunset; 05-23-2005 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Reply to "Mach 1" driving post...
Old 05-23-2005, 04:07 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What an amazing time this was. Thanks to the ZDayz staff for all your hard work. I know how tough it can be to coordinate all these events into one weekend. Great, great job, and thanks again.

Also, BIG thanks to the sponsors. I will be doing some shopping with some of them based on products I learned of this weekend.

Won't post too many pics, but wanted to include this one of (most of) us from the soon-to-be Capital 350Z / G35 Club. We all had a really great time.
Attached Thumbnails Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread-group3.jpg  
Old 05-23-2005, 04:09 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh, one last thing......

I was quite honored to be chosen for the Sport Z Magazine Publisher's Choice Award. Art and Bob are both really nice guys and publish a fantastic magazine. If you're not a subscriber, I HIGHLY recommend it.
Attached Thumbnails Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread-wheel1.jpg   Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread-wing1.jpg  

Last edited by kcobean; 05-23-2005 at 04:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread