Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 05:32 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I concur.... I had a freaking blast. The dragon was so great, and the last run with everyone Sunday morning was sweet, all up untill the end Anyway it was great everyone I met was really nice and there were a crap load of nice cars... I'll post the pics I got up later after I get them all hosted. C-ya'll next year......
Old 05-22-2005, 06:27 PM
bhobson333

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Example

For those of you who were not there, here are a few example pictures (thanks, Gerry!) that might give you an idea of what the resort was like this weekend. Keep in mind, this was not the car show, it's just random shots of the parking lots in the middle of the afternoon. (That last one also includes LG's sloe truk and Bini's fallback Stook)
Attached Thumbnails Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread-zzzzs.jpg   Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread-zs2.jpg   Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread-zs3.jpg   Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread-lg_bini.jpg  

Last edited by bhobson333; 05-22-2005 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Faluzure

ZDayZ was an awesome experience. I loved every minute of it. I can't wait to go again next year and see everyone again. If the "unofficial" Fall ZDayZ event is goin to happen again this year, I'll definitely go to that one.

I'm going to post all the pics I have (over 100) on my webspace soon. I assume someone will start a ZDayZ pics thread sooner or later. Oh and I got tons of pics of Shelly (the trophy girl).
Old 05-22-2005, 07:13 PM
JAMESZ

I had alot of fun. Next year instead of driving my Jetta I should be in the Z if everything is done. We had alittle incident in the morning, but as Doug said "Oh Well". It was nice meeting some of you guys.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:24 PM
Faluzure

Originally Posted by dave079
Hey man it was great meeting you the other night. I was the one showing you my V1 radar.Had an absolute blast this weekend
Yes, it was awesome meeting you as well! I'm glad you made it home safely. I left with the other Dave (from Minnesota) earlier this morning.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:41 PM
zmespeed

(im the one with the ducktaped bumper ...dam coon).the trail was thea coolest road i have ever driven. i got a good 3-4 flat out runs with out any buddy in my way. was most deffinatly awsome. who ever drove that sunset with me all the way threw the dragon at mach1, that was realy asome watching your car go threw the truns. great drive. i aplogize to every one to the hitius condition of my z, it being the most dirty and having ducktape. i just kinda gave up because. A. it had ducktape on it. B. it rained on the way down. and C. i had no chance of being the sexest z there.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:50 PM
futuredeadguy

Got a fairly early start on the road back home this morning and had a tear in my eye as I saw several guys lining up for a run. I made the most of my departure, though. I was glad to see ALMOST no police on the TN side heading toward Maryville, which was a shock after seeing about 30 on the way in. DID see one motorcyle cop headed the other way, which took me by surprise - he looked just like a touring bike until I was about 20 ft away - fortunately I was being fairly good at the time. As I pulled into the BP station in Maryville, AT LEAST 5 cruisers and 2 motorcycle cops were pulling out of the same station headed for the Dragon. Hope none of you guys met up with them.

Awesome event - I now understand all the abuse I have taken from my fellow MTZC members for missing last year's event. It won't happen again!

I'm already planning mods to be completed by next year. Brakes, brakes and maybe some, uh, brakes.

And lastly, Kudos to all who were involved in pulling this off. Overall, it was amazing.

Dead
Old 05-22-2005, 10:13 PM
Bini2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Video Number 1

Here is a video of some of the driving that we did on Saturday before the Car Show. This was on a very scenic road adjacent to the Dragon.

It's 100 megs in DIVX Codex.

Right Click and Save as.
http://216.69.176.92/350zCatandMouseWebSmall.avi

There are so many awesome roads to pick from. I only hit the Dragon twice the whole weekend; I was too busy with all the other nearby roads.

A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone that attended.

I have a great clip of a full Dragon run with Doug and Adam from Crawford Z Car (Thank you for sponsoring again!!). I'll post it shortly.

Team B out......* Radio Static *
Old 05-23-2005, 12:05 AM
Bini2

Default Video Number 2

Here is a video of Doug (Blue 350 -- Crawford Z Car), Adam (Chrome Silver 350 -- Crawford Z Car), and me (Video Car) coming in to the Dragon on our way to check in Thursday afternoon.

180 megs

Right Click and Save As
http://216.69.176.92/DougandAdamGoin...naWebSmall.avi

Last edited by Bini2; 05-23-2005 at 12:07 AM.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:31 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2003z
Is that the black one that was hanging off the ledge? He got out without any damage, but I heard all 4 wheels were in the air and he was doing a balancing act.

WHat a blast, and congrats to gq626 for his 2nd place, and kcobean for his 1st!
Yea that's the one. Glad to hear he got away without injury to himself or the car. The car was def. high sided and had to be towed out.
Andy you & your crew deserve a lot of credit for pulling this off. 150 + cars in the group shot should make you happy. Very enjoyable weekend. I just wish we could have stayed for the BBQ dinner. Could someone post the winners from the car show? I gotta say that I now know why the 240Z was such a hit in 1970. My '71 preformed really well for a 34 year old car and still draws attention. No wonder Nissan couldn't build enough cars back then. I'll post some pics soon. My son Derek really enjoyed himself. I hope I can get a copy of his pic w/ the trophy girl! Robert are you listening?
Attached Thumbnails Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread-240z_71w.jpg  

Last edited by jmark; 05-23-2005 at 02:40 AM.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:23 AM
88 Shrio Special

Bini2 Thanks for the video shot!!! You guys are ***** to the walls !!! I loved every minute of it. Thanks for Video taping my car. Thanks again Karl SH1FT
Old 05-23-2005, 06:24 AM
jester7500

Originally Posted by 2003z
Is that the black one that was hanging off the ledge? He got out without any damage, but I heard all 4 wheels were in the air and he was doing a balancing act.

WHat a blast, and congrats to gq626 for his 2nd place, and kcobean for his 1st!
That guy was my room neighbor, and I got to see the video he was taking. It was definitely scary. If I remember correctly, he downshifted right in the middle of the curve, which broke his rear end loose, then next thing you know the camera is pointed straight to the sky. He did not curse or yell in the video, he was calm as can be. Other than the mini forest that looked to be growing from under his car, the only visible damage was a scrape on the passenger's side skirt. It could have been way worse.

I'd like to thank the whole ZDayZ staff for putting together a great event. I had an amazing time!
Old 05-23-2005, 06:26 AM
Low J.
Banned

awesome vids Bini2! The sounds inside the car were like I was playing GT4...very nice!

BTW you should probably encode those vids in WMV format or something and save your website space....you could probably make those vids under 10 megs each without losing sound or vid quality. Windows Media Maker is free and does it for you in a snap!
Old 05-23-2005, 06:34 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I left around 9 PM Saturday night and drove 9 hours all night. Got home at 6 am Sunday.

I had a great time and enjoyed meeting new people and seeing faces for screen names.

Book me for the 3rd annual event!
Old 05-23-2005, 06:38 AM
Faluzure

Default Hey Andy...

Click the link guys (it's to one of the many pictures I took). I think the caption says it all. Look at Andy's face! HAHAH.

BUSTED!!!
Old 05-23-2005, 06:58 AM
pulpz2

Originally Posted by Faluzure
Click the link guys (it's to one of the many pictures I took). I think the caption says it all. Look at Andy's face! HAHAH.

BUSTED!!!
Wow Way busted!
Old 05-23-2005, 07:00 AM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OMG!! What a splendid event!! I have had the best Z related weekend EVER!!

Thanks to all who poured their sweat, blood, and maybe even tears into organizing the best car event!!

The dragon.....A Beast, but I tackled it!! Nice to see all of you, meet some of you, and meet new friends! I am so glad I took a track event it helped! Now that I have practiced on this dragon, my track days will look great. Next to work on speed.

A few pics:

See you all next year for sure. Maybe we could add a website day where all peeps who post can gather and meet up!
Old 05-23-2005, 07:00 AM
VandyZ

Default Here you go!

haha

Old 05-23-2005, 07:01 AM
Faluzure

HAHAHAHHA!

Quick Reply: Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread