2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

so confused...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 12:32 PM
theguykevin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by tractng
theguykevin,

I went through what you are experiencing now. See, all of my cars were manuals, just before the last one. The last car was an automatic and I enjoyed it.

But when I was ready to buy a Z, it was a hard decision. Two reasons were traffice in L.A. and my wife doesn't know how to drive stick.

At the end, I bought a manual and never look back. Its so fun on the weekend with the manual. It feels like you are driving a race car.

Tony
not much traffics here...i think...
i am only 17 and my dad is actually buying for me...
he barely drove manuals...he thinks that its A LOT OF WORK and getting manual Z means getting a new buddy to me...
however my dad doesnt understand...he said he will think about it...
i think i should ask someone to borrow me a manual car...=/
Old 11-12-2004, 12:46 PM
NzZ

What you need to do is rent a car. Some rental places have 5spd miatas..that is the way to go. Rent one, spend the $300 or whatever for a few days...and see how you like it. That may sound like a lot but it's nothing compared to what you'd lose on a trade-in to get the other tranny.

NzZ
Old 11-12-2004, 12:50 PM
zipgun

Originally posted by theguykevin
man...this peer pressure is killing me
Dude you have to choose what you want, forget about the peer pressure, Who cares what peeps think about your car? are they donating 30 grand to buy you a Z?

Take it from a 39 y/o dude thats also in the market for a Z, tho with a pref for AT. I dont track race(bikes and cars) anymore and only idiots street race, so I dont need every last ounce of speed or torque, dont get me wrong 6sp cruising is loads of fun, but so driving with AT's, Heck I just enjoy the ride.

Over the years Ive owned a rabbit GTI a golf GTI an Rx7 gsl, 944 turbo ,a ninja 600 and a Yammie fzr 600, all manual of course. got badly injured on 2 of em can you guess which 2?

so no, this is not coming from a 4 dr toyota corolla driver

But more recently a 911 4s with a tiptronic AT and I really enjoy it and so does the wife. And I dont care one bit(we also own a minivan ) what others think, Its my car, dont like it? hey go out and buy your own.

Point is, its your hard earned bucks, give both a try and make your own choice.

Whatever you choose have fun.

Peace

Last edited by zipgun; 11-12-2004 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:58 PM
theguykevin

thank you for replies!
i think i should rent a car...
dang i cant wait!
Old 11-12-2004, 05:17 PM
DBZ

I have had numerous auto tranny vehicles prior to the Z and test drove lots of 05 and 04 Z's with both the auto and manual. In my opinion, the auto kills the whole Z experience. The vehicle seems much happier with the manual tranny than the auto.

If this is your only auto it would be a tough decision with traffic, etc. however I deal with so cal 405 traffic every day and not a single complaint in regards to the tranny being manual.

If you need a automatic then buy a vehicle that has a much better auto tranny, not the z.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:19 PM
theguykevin

Originally posted by DBZ
I have had numerous auto tranny vehicles prior to the Z and test drove lots of 05 and 04 Z's with both the auto and manual. In my opinion, the auto kills the whole Z experience. The vehicle seems much happier with the manual tranny than the auto.

If this is your only auto it would be a tough decision with traffic, etc. however I deal with so cal 405 traffic every day and not a single complaint in regards to the tranny being manual.

If you need a automatic then buy a vehicle that has a much better auto tranny, not the z.
better auto tranny...any suggestion?
i heard that G35 coupe is great for auto tranny...?