Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

FI version revisited

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2002, 01:50 AM
3rdpower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy FI version revisited

With all the other folks in the auto industry about to step up to the 350Z challenge (Toyota, Mazada, etc) I'm curious whether FI is going to become an off the lot option in the future. Now I cannot wait for the 350Z but I'd hate to get my Z to find out Nissan is releasing a new version 2-3 years later (aka FI Supercharged or Turbocharged Z). 2-3 years down the road the value of my 350Z goes down the ******* :-( and selling to get the GT-R would be increasingly difficult. The GT-R however is my final destination...

Do you think Nissan will release a 350Z-N (N for Nismo :P)?
Do you think Nissan will stick by its word of no FI?
Anyone have there eyes on a GT-R?
Old 07-07-2002, 02:02 AM
blackSunshine
Charter Member #84

If I were them I wouldn't spend the money to introduce a turbo/super-charged Z which would come out at roughly the same time as the gtr. BUT they decided to introduce the g35c which is a 2+2 lux Z essentially, at the same time as this one, so what the heck do I know? They should release an FI kit and make it an option on the newer models, but available just the same to our NA Z's. That would make everyone happy I think. That way they don't have a lot of pre-orderers wishing they had waited.
Old 07-07-2002, 05:01 AM
3rdpower

I personally would rule a TT out in favor of a Supercharger... either way I'll have my Z for a while and by 2004/2005 I'll send it back for a GT-R. A V-6 GT-R or even a V-8 GT-R (twin turbo?!?!?) would be just awesome.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:01 PM
QuicksilverZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think F/I will be coming out for the Z anytime soon. I heard a rumor though, that there will be an slightly better NA motor called the VQ35HR for later model Z's and they will have to modify the hood in order for it to fit. And as far as the GT-R in 04...You prolly wont even see one in 2006 let alone 04...
Old 04-24-2007, 09:38 PM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy moly old thread um.... Batman!

[EDIT] Just to let you know, 3rdPower hasn't been on this site for over 2 years. He'll appreciate the bit of info.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:02 PM
plumpzz

Originally Posted by JmanZ
There is a 8 speed f-1 paddle shift style transmission in Nissan's arsenal that is rumored to be debuting on the GT-R. Maybe the 350ZR as well?

I know there is a turbo/supercharged 350Z in the works although many at Nissan will say there isn't. Ask someone who is in the right departments and they'll smile and say "No Comment".

Don't look for it until late 2003 early 2004. My bet is a debut at the ZTokyo auto show in 2003. They are showing the spyder late this year and then they'll have that in the showrooms for early next year so a faster Z definately won't be before that.

I have heard of Nissan's 4.5L V8 stuffed in the 350Z's frame, but to be fair it could have been for testing or for some other reason that is unclear at this time.

My source in Japan, Tak, has told me that he saw a white 350Z running around the track with a blue R34 GT-R last week and the 350Z was faster. Obviously, this 350Z had to have been modified or the guy in the R34 wasn't trying. This is what I thought but then Tak mentioned later that the R34 was squeeling it's tires. You don't have squeeling tired if you're not giving the engine some gas generally. I could be wrong.

I don't know, I didn't see this myself so who knows. I have not asked my sources at Nissan because there is no way on God's green earth they are going to tell a webmaster of a large 350Z site anything like this.

My bet is that they'll release a TT version of the 3.5L engine before 2004.

Any takers?

-j-
Boy was he wrong. Who actually took him up on that bet?
Old 04-29-2007, 11:58 AM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I read in Popular Mechanics that by 2005 Nissan will offer an option for a flying Z that will make FI obsolete and shoot marshmallows shaped like Bunnys out the exhaust