Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

Sell 350z now and wait for 370z?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 06:03 PM
350zsunshinefl

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sell 350z now and wait for 370z?

Since the 350z value will take a **** with the release of the 370z, only seems natural to sell the Z now and ride around in a used honda
Old 06-25-2008, 06:22 PM
areyouin729

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm kinda feeling you on this but I figure if I trade it into a Nissan dealer, i'll get max trade value b/c they want to keep me in a Nissan, i'll def throw out the "i'm also looking at the Hyundai Genesis"

Nissan does not want to hear that
Old 06-25-2008, 06:56 PM
350zsunshinefl

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice idea, walk in there with your 350z and then when you get a nice deal on a 370z suddenly be like "oh wait I forgot their is a hyundai genesis thats quiet a bit cheaper" the sales guy will drop the price even lower )) (or kick you in the ***)
Old 06-26-2008, 06:16 AM
scrapser

Look up your car on Kelly Blue Book and check the trade value using "Good" as the condition of your car along with all the other unique details you will need to provide. The figure you see is the highest any car dealer will go.

It's also worth noting you can always get much more (thousands more) if you sell the car privately instead of trading it to the dealer.

Most people don't realize dealers make their money in the used car market, not the new car market. The new cars are there to get people to trade in their used car so the dealer can spiff it up and sell it for a huge profit. This is why new cars are sold just over or at cost. Again, it's not about the new cars...they are just the candy to get you to trade in your very profitable used car.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:46 AM
FRLDYZPIMPN

If the styling sucks and it looks like it will, sales might not be all that great. Which will not affect the value of our cars all that much. Atleast not down the road. After all, current model has a timeless style. Good examples would be the Supra, NSX, 300zx.Although some of these weren't produce after the last production year. They have high re-sale value. Even a good condition 300zx tt goes for almost $20k.

Lets just wait and see the production pics. Atleast i will before making any changes.

Last edited by FRLDYZPIMPN; 06-26-2008 at 07:48 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:45 AM
tractng

Originally Posted by FRLDYZPIMPN
If the styling sucks and it looks like it will, sales might not be all that great. Which will not affect the value of our cars all that much. Atleast not down the road. After all, current model has a timeless style. Good examples would be the Supra, NSX, 300zx.Although some of these weren't produce after the last production year. They have high re-sale value. Even a good condition 300zx tt goes for almost $20k.

Lets just wait and see the production pics. Atleast i will before making any changes.

You do have a good point. I saw an NSX a few days ago and was staring at it for a while.

Then again, Z/ZX have always been attractively designed in the past, so I would bet money on it to be in the future.

Tony
Old 06-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Lento

New crappo styling of the the 08 STI is case and point. I would assume that the 07 styles will hold their value relativly well because no one in there right mind would buy the Fugly new one.

And I mean how the hell could Subaru screw that one up, it was never a pretty car in the first place, then they went and turned it into a Ford Focus!

Bah, sorry Ive been holding that rant in for months just had to get it out

Side note, Acura discontinued the RSX and the damn 05s and 06's things used are just about as much as they were new.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:53 PM
FRLDYZPIMPN

^I see it happen all the time. Not to mention it will be discontinued. No more 350z's produce. Now they are 370z with different performance and from what we've seen on the pics horrible lines!
Old 06-26-2008, 02:56 PM
in.the.dark

You guys are all smoking some serious ish. The 350Z's will be sold at quite a discount to move them out for the new Z. This will decrease the value of the Z33.

Most dealers give something like $1000 loyalty cash. I'd hang onto your car unless you are going to be more than $1000 upside down and can get out from under the car.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:42 AM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by in.the.dark
You guys are all smoking some serious ish. The 350Z's will be sold at quite a discount to move them out for the new Z. This will decrease the value of the Z33.

Most dealers give something like $1000 loyalty cash. I'd hang onto your car unless you are going to be more than $1000 upside down and can get out from under the car.
It would be well worth it, seeing how the new Z is coming out with a V8
Old 06-27-2008, 01:28 AM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by 350zsunshinefl
Since the 350z value will take a **** with the release of the 370z, only seems natural to sell the Z now and ride around in a used honda
Lol, that what I'm doing until then. But, my 350Z was wrecked and when everything was said and done that is all I could afford. But, when a 370Z comes around..... I'd be all over that as long as they don't jump the price $5K or so.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:30 AM
Lento

I was just screwing around with Kelly Blue Book to see what I would get for my car Trade In Value with good condition.

They don't have the Nismo trim listed, so I put in a Grand Touring with 10000 miles, and it spit back 24,000!

Thats like 10,000 Dollars less that what it cost new. I would run my car into the ground before I took a hit like that, unless I absolutly had too.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:54 AM
scrapser

Originally Posted by Lento
I was just screwing around with Kelly Blue Book to see what I would get for my car Trade In Value with good condition.

They don't have the Nismo trim listed, so I put in a Grand Touring with 10000 miles, and it spit back 24,000!

Thats like 10,000 Dollars less that what it cost new. I would run my car into the ground before I took a hit like that, unless I absolutly had too.
It's always better to sell the car yourself instead of trading it in. If you don't, you're literally giving that money (the price difference) to the dealer...usually on top of taking out a new loan. But a lot of people are just too lazy or compulsive and end up throwing a few grand out the window by trading for a new car. Never could understand that.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:24 AM
Lento

^ Yup I agree with you. Plus there are so many sites out there that let you advertize to the masses for like a few bucks (actually I have no idea but my guess would be like 50 to 100 bucks or something)

However in turn you have to deal with people
Old 06-27-2008, 08:20 AM
tractng

Originally Posted by in.the.dark

Agreed. This is a mass production car. It is not oil or gold

Tony
Old 06-27-2008, 12:39 PM
WShade

New crappo styling of the the 08 STI is case and point. I would assume that the 07 styles will hold their value relativly well because no one in there right mind would buy the Fugly new one.

And I mean how the hell could Subaru screw that one up, it was never a pretty car in the first place, then they went and turned it into a Ford Focus!

Side note, Acura discontinued the RSX and the damn 05s and 06's things used are just about as much as they were new.
That is the truth. I was waiting on the 08 Subaru to dump my 05 and when it came out...............NO . Now I am waiting on the new Z with fingers crossed.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:53 PM
GodSendsDeath

I did, my brother bought my Z with my sound system for a grand less then what I paid for.Then he shipped it to Germany and sold it for 38.5k euros which is roughly 55k(depending of dollar value).

I have a 01 Jetta no payments automatic 4 banger and waiting it out for the Z, might skip the first year so I can save up and cash it out.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:01 PM
robertinmesa

i am going to keep my car until i can afford to trade her in. since i bought new this could be awhile. There will always be something better, so i'm in no real hurry.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Whatever year / model Z car you have it's a joy to drive. I miss my Z but the new Civic 2 dr isn't so bad until I make my move on the 370Z or GTR once the economy and job market stabilize and move up.

It could be worse than this:

My RSX, I mean Civic will beat all..... j/k ...... running joke if you don't know it.

2004 Base 6spd, 2006 wheels, mods - Bought new almost 4 years ago - RIP Ray (nickname)

Last edited by Z_Driver; 06-27-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Barrok

LOL. I just bought an 08 STI over waiting for a 370z. The extra space and AWD was great for me living in Utah. But as far as looks go there are plenty of people who don't find the 350z super attractive and there are plenty of people who love the 08 sti. It's all perception and your view only matters to you.

But... if I wasn't planning to start a family soon the 370z would be the first car on my list. I love the look of the 350z and as long as they don't butcher the 370z it should be one badass vehicle.

Quick Reply: Sell 350z now and wait for 370z?