Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

370Z spotted with Carbon Fiber roof....

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008 | 04:25 PM
PikesPeakZ

Originally Posted by Ed 718
Useless Thread With No Pics..............My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw the 370z at 31 Flavors last night but I don't have pics either.
Seen it I was hiding in the bushes.
Old 08-14-2008 | 04:35 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting
Premier Member

yea...yea while PikesPeakZ was in some shrubs.....I saw the powercoated undertray from a manhole.... yea...yea....crazy shiet....
Old 08-14-2008 | 05:22 PM
Greg06

Originally Posted by Driver72
It should have stock 335i acceleration (or a bit more) and M3 handling (or better) for hopefully around $35k well equipped.
Not a bad thing.

Just wish they would of dumped the NA V6 and gone the way of BMW with a twin turbo 3.0 liter 6.
Smaller, lighter, with more power and equal gas mileage.

Would of been great to have that option.
Then it's a simple chip tune (or piggyback) away from much more power.

But anyway, that's OT.
1st things 1st.. Dude you should know by now that on this forum (heck any forum) that no pics equals BS. So the replies your getting is no surprise.

OT: Like Arnold K mentioned the 370 is stated to be lighter with more hp and would hence smoke a stock 335 and out handle the rather portly M3.

Piggybacks you say? Too bad a Procede or Vishnu etc.. Esp with the new BMW software updates. Well void your bmw oem warranty faster than a fuel pump failure. Your not the only BMW owner here ya know.
Old 08-14-2008 | 05:41 PM
zsport1

Well at least the information contributed more than your post now right?
I bet you always have your camera on and at the ready to take pics just in case you see something too huh?

So when you tell your friends you met a hot girl last night that you got it on with, do they say to you, "YAWN, worthless and pointless without pics"?

Yeah, thought so?

If you some of you guys don't have anything to contribute but criticism or just simply don't believe it, move on. Your posts otherwise are the ones that are truly worthless, sorry.
You didn't contribute anything but BS. Come back to us when you have concrete proof.

Old 08-14-2008 | 05:41 PM
zsport1

Originally Posted by Greg06
1st things 1st.. Dude you should know by now that on this forum (heck any forum) that no pics equals BS. So the replies your getting is no surprise.

OT: Like Arnold K mentioned the 370 is stated to be lighter with more hp and would hence smoke a stock 335 and out handle the rather portly M3.

Piggybacks you say? Too bad a Procede or Vishnu etc.. Esp with the new BMW software updates. Well void your bmw oem warranty faster than a fuel pump failure. Your not the only BMW owner here ya know.
Old 08-14-2008 | 05:44 PM
azula

what a **** tease
Old 08-14-2008 | 06:29 PM
vnarang

Originally Posted by azula
what a **** tease
just post pics of ur car to make this thread instant success
Old 08-14-2008 | 07:06 PM
Mazinger Z

lol give him a break... he drives a bmw and was pleasant enough to share some info (true or not).
Old 08-15-2008 | 12:09 AM
Spoon_sports808

it would explain the price hike? IN THEORY.

>.>
Old 08-15-2008 | 01:32 AM
r_seng

Pics or ban, your buddy must've been driving a truck or something to have seen the roof clear enough.
Old 08-15-2008 | 02:02 AM
Driver72

Originally Posted by Greg06

True I guess. No belief or trust these days.

As for the power to weight, well, the 335i is underrated stock.
13.4 @ 105-106 stock
As I said, the new 370Z with 100-50 lbs less weight and 350 hp SHOULD beat it, but in theory, the current 306 hp 3300 lbs one should too, but the 335i walks it.
So I'd hope the new 370Z would at least equal it and maybe pull a bit.
If the 370Z does the 1/4 in 13.2 @ 107+ mph it will.

As for tune voiding warranty? LOL
So, in theory does any tune, performance mod you do to ANY car.
That's why you remove it for service (takes about 15 minutes).
No different than any other car or aftermarket mods, except that extra 90+ hp is easy to remove where on NA cars it take s slew of stuff to get 1/2 that power gain and hours of time to remove or install.

LOL at the fuel pump. Yeah, that affected like 5-10% of early 335i owners. And like 0.5% now with the change in part from their supplier. No biggie. Guess it's better than having an engine that consumes oil and may need to be replaced (among other known issues) huh?
Never assumed I was the only BMW owner here. LOL

He could see the roof because he was probably in his minivan with his wife and kids. He's had CF on two of his BMW's as well, so he knows what it looks like too.
Like I said, it could of been a "one-off" prototype model and maybe the CF hood won't make it too production.
But I was just passing on what he t old me he clearly saw driving "along side" the camo'd new 370Z

Last edited by Driver72; 08-15-2008 at 02:58 AM.
Old 08-15-2008 | 02:08 AM
Driver72

Originally Posted by zsport1
You didn't contribute anything but BS. Come back to us when you have concrete proof.

Again, YOU DON'T KNOW that do you?
But we DO KNOW you didn't contribute anything (well other than skepticism and criticism) to this thread period, right?

Hope it does come out with a CF roof too. It would be good for Nissan and the car.

Then maybe guys like the one I quoted here, WILL have something to contribute on his own own board and in other people's threads...other than something truly worthless.....his skepticism and criticism.

Later all.
Old 08-15-2008 | 02:21 AM
dozzer1b

i just saw a stock rsx-S walk a GTR but no pics or vids! Sowi!
Old 08-15-2008 | 06:23 AM
Hella

Alot of you guys are being dicks.
Old 08-15-2008 | 06:45 AM
GodSendsDeath

Me?
Why I have a tuned 335i Coupe.
But I've had a couple Nissan's and an Infinti G35 recently.
I'm actually liking what I see and hear about the 370Z.

It should have stock 335i acceleration (or a bit more) and M3 handling (or better) for hopefully around $35k well equipped.
Not a bad thing.

Just wish they would of dumped the NA V6 and gone the way of BMW with a twin turbo 3.0 liter 6.
Smaller, lighter, with more power and equal gas mileage.

Would of been great to have that option.
Then it's a simple chip tune (or piggyback) away from much more power.

But anyway, that's OT.

Again, just thought I'd pass on what a good trusted friend of mine saw today about the CF roof on the 370Z to you Z enthusiasts.
You can believe it or not, that's your choice, but thought you guys might be more excited, rather than all cynical and critical.
Oops, sorry, my bad....I guess.
Thanks for posting bud, how you like your E92...me my self am looking at one if the next Z bombs. Any who I have no reason not to believe you because you know as much as the next ******* here so its all good. Thanks for again posting spreading what you know
Old 08-15-2008 | 08:22 AM
vnarang

True I guess. No belief or trust these days.

As for the power to weight, well, the 335i is underrated stock.
13.4 @ 105-106 stock
As I said, the new 370Z with 100-50 lbs less weight and 350 hp SHOULD beat it, but in theory, the current 306 hp 3300 lbs one should too, but the 335i walks it.
So I'd hope the new 370Z would at least equal it and maybe pull a bit.
If the 370Z does the 1/4 in 13.2 @ 107+ mph it will.

As for tune voiding warranty? LOL
So, in theory does any tune, performance mod you do to ANY car.
That's why you remove it for service (takes about 15 minutes).
No different than any other car or aftermarket mods, except that extra 90+ hp is easy to remove where on NA cars it take s slew of stuff to get 1/2 that power gain and hours of time to remove or install.

LOL at the fuel pump. Yeah, that affected like 5-10% of early 335i owners. And like 0.5% now with the change in part from their supplier. No biggie. Guess it's better than having an engine that consumes oil and may need to be replaced (among other known issues) huh?
Never assumed I was the only BMW owner here. LOL

He could see the roof because he was probably in his minivan with his wife and kids. He's had CF on two of his BMW's as well, so he knows what it looks like too.
Like I said, it could of been a "one-off" prototype model and maybe the CF hood won't make it too production.
But I was just passing on what he t old me he clearly saw driving "along side" the camo'd new 370Z
Actually a person with a stock 350z on these forums, ran a 13.1 so you fail.
Old 08-15-2008 | 08:37 AM
zsport1

Again, YOU DON'T KNOW that do you?
But we DO KNOW you didn't contribute anything (well other than skepticism and criticism) to this thread period, right?

Hope it does come out with a CF roof too. It would be good for Nissan and the car.

Then maybe guys like the one I quoted here, WILL have something to contribute on his own own board and in other people's threads...other than something truly worthless.....his skepticism and criticism.

Later all.
What I do know is that you have contributed nothing here but "my buddy saw...."
Sure, I could start my own thread and tell people my neighbors dog saw the 370Z with a carbon fiber hood cruising down the street. Or I could go over to the BMW forum and post up that I saw the new M12 with a carbon fiber hood. Get us some pics bro.
Old 08-15-2008 | 08:55 AM
in.the.dark

Originally Posted by zsport1
What I do know is that you have contributed nothing here but "my buddy saw...."
Sure, I could start my own thread and tell people my neighbors dog saw the 370Z with a carbon fiber hood cruising down the street. Or I could go over to the BMW forum and post up that I saw the new M12 with a carbon fiber hood. Get us some pics bro.
ZSport, while I understand your skepticism, there is a difference between just going to a site and making something up and what this guy is doing, which is reporting what he believes to be true. Obviously this guy trusts his friend to put some Internet-cred on it. That doesn't make it true or not, but I think you'd agree that the chastising remarks from some are likely frustrating to someone in his position. Imagine what Proteus felt like. I think that if people posted remarks more along the lines of "Interesting if true, but I don't think it's likely and here's why..." instead of the usual witless remarks, there would be far less back and forth along the pointless lines and maybe some discussion of why this is or isn't feasible would be discussed.
Old 08-15-2008 | 09:10 AM
MarvinMartian

If you some of you guys don't have anything to contribute but criticism or just simply don't believe it, move on.

Old 08-15-2008 | 09:32 AM
zsport1

Originally Posted by in.the.dark
ZSport, while I understand your skepticism, there is a difference between just going to a site and making something up and what this guy is doing, which is reporting what he believes to be true. Obviously this guy trusts his friend to put some Internet-cred on it. That doesn't make it true or not, but I think you'd agree that the chastising remarks from some are likely frustrating to someone in his position. Imagine what Proteus felt like. I think that if people posted remarks more along the lines of "Interesting if true, but I don't think it's likely and here's why..." instead of the usual witless remarks, there would be far less back and forth along the pointless lines and maybe some discussion of why this is or isn't feasible would be discussed.
Point made. And I don't disagree with you.
But I think if you are going to post up something like this on this forum, which we see a lot of, there needs to be some real evidence. Anybody can say they saw something or their friend saw something.
Show us some pics and we can move forward.

Quick Reply: 370Z spotted with Carbon Fiber roof....