Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

370Z spotted with Carbon Fiber roof....

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 01:21 PM
Driver72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Manual. And actually I should mention he sold the car 1 month ago for a GS350. Needed more space. NISMO only has a muffler, and dynos the same as the rest. Already had mine dynoed. 18/19 inch wheels, I wouldn't call them that light, and worse aerodynamics for speed, it has lots of downforce to keep it planted for turns, not for high speed, so it actually is slower than a normal 350z top end.
Yeah, I can understand that then if he had a manual.

The autos are faster by about 1-1.5 CL's to 120.
I've raced a couple manual 335i's myself and that's what happens.
And you can go to the BMW boards and see, even the manual guys admit the fastest 335i's are the autos. Time and time again in rolling races that ends up being the case. And the autos are MUCH easier to launch so from a dig, the autos always pull 1 CL by 60 mph and then creep away after that.
BMW doesn't admit that or say it on their website though. Typical marketing.

Here's a video I myself made in my 335i Coupe against a guy in a manual 335i Coupe when they were stock.

We did like 8-9 of these runs and it came out the same each time.
He'd jump me a bit off the honk (I did the honking) and I'd reel him in and pass. We would start from various speeds of 10-40 mph and go to about 125 mph.
He'd almost always jump the last honk a bit so I'd start 1/2 CL or so back but always end up 1+ CL in front.
I couldn't get the sound to record on streetfire, sorry.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...ual_126502.htm
Old 08-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Driver72

Sorry guys, we are getting OT with the 335i talk.

Fingers crossed for CF roof option on 370Z
Old 08-15-2008, 06:09 PM
zsport1

Originally Posted by Driver72
More high quality contributions from this guy. :lol:

Funny, I've been on these boards before, but briefly, then come back to post about the CF roof.
I see a couple of your responses and can tell right away you like to stir the ****.
I guess my quick instincts have proven correct based on the responses of your 350Z comrades to your replies to my post.
Someone around his own board needs a character makeover.
Hurry someone call Dr. Phil for him.

Anyway, sorry, I shouldn't stoop down to the level you are at by stirring the **** up more. Feel free to continue on with your cynical and critical (and quite useless and unproductive posts).
I'll move on to the guys whose responses are worth my time and are constructive.

Later Zsport guy.
Dude you seriously need to go back to your BMW forum.

Last edited by zsport1; 08-15-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Greg06

OT:

As for tune voiding warranty? LOL
So, in theory does any tune, performance mod you do to ANY car.
That's why you remove it for service (takes about 15 minutes).
No different than any other car or aftermarket mods, except that extra 90+ hp is easy to remove where on NA cars it take s slew of stuff to get 1/2 that power gain and hours of time to remove or install.

LOL at the fuel pump. Yeah, that affected like 5-10% of early 335i owners. And like 0.5% now with the change in part from their supplier. No biggie. Guess it's better than having an engine that consumes oil and may need to be replaced (among other known issues) huh?
Never assumed I was the only BMW owner here. LOL

Dont you all just love how some people, think were all so clueless.

Duh..Everyone knows 335's HP is understated.
Mods and warranty? Anyone who's been with BMW for awhile, knows their hardcases when it comes to mods more so than most makes.

Invisible Piggybacks? Where ya been dude. Ever heard of V29.2?
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...updates&page=9
Taking em off 15mins before service eh? LOL Whatever man.

Fuel pump aint no biggie? You sound just like our bimmer SA

My wifes previous car was 335i pump was replaced 3 times (dealer did buyback for 328) A couple of friends had theirs go out as well on a 07 and an 08.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140023 I think nearly everyone with HPFP's in our BMW CCA chapter had some sort of problem at one time or another. One guy had a failure on his 135i. It aint a done deal yet.

No offense dude but did you just buy this car? 1st bimmer? Bet you hang at Bimmerforums right?

Last edited by Greg06; 08-15-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:46 PM
Zyclone Z

Old 08-15-2008, 09:51 PM
ZZtopp

True I guess. No belief or trust these days.

As for the power to weight, well, the 335i is underrated stock.
13.4 @ 105-106 stock
As I said, the new 370Z with 100-50 lbs less weight and 350 hp SHOULD beat it, but in theory, the current 306 hp 3300 lbs one should too, but the 335i walks it.
So I'd hope the new 370Z would at least equal it and maybe pull a bit.
If the 370Z does the 1/4 in 13.2 @ 107+ mph it will.

As for tune voiding warranty? LOL
So, in theory does any tune, performance mod you do to ANY car.
That's why you remove it for service (takes about 15 minutes).
No different than any other car or aftermarket mods, except that extra 90+ hp is easy to remove where on NA cars it take s slew of stuff to get 1/2 that power gain and hours of time to remove or install.

LOL at the fuel pump. Yeah, that affected like 5-10% of early 335i owners. And like 0.5% now with the change in part from their supplier. No biggie. Guess it's better than having an engine that consumes oil and may need to be replaced (among other known issues) huh?
Never assumed I was the only BMW owner here. LOL

He could see the roof because he was probably in his minivan with his wife and kids. He's had CF on two of his BMW's as well, so he knows what it looks like too.
Like I said, it could of been a "one-off" prototype model and maybe the CF hood won't make it too production.
But I was just passing on what he t old me he clearly saw driving "along side" the camo'd new 370Z
These forums can be pretty frustrating at times...I'm sorry I even started my thread about the HD video shoot in September. I risked some confidentiality for what??? For who??? It's just not worth it.

FWIW, I love the new 3 series coupe. Definitely the best looking car BMW has to offer right now. Test drove a new M3 last week and it was impressive, but I actually think the 335i looks cleaner.....and with an engine that has probably has more potential.

BTw
Old 08-15-2008, 10:56 PM
VeeTec

You will not see videos of anyone walking anyone here, as street racing videos are not allowed.

I raced a 335 at the track, back when my Z was pretty green. During that event, we ran about dead even. I won simply because I launched better, after the launch, I didn't pull, and he didn't gain.

After I put more miles on the Z I ran some slave cylinder limited 13.2-13.3's, trapping at over 107.

I went back to the track after the new slave, to a slower track, and I ran a 13.198. That was a while ago, and the car is noticably stronger now, with 40K miles. I hope to hit the track soon, once it cools down a little.

I still think someone will run a 12.9 stock.

I hope the 370Z, if it has 350hp, will run deep into the 12's, especially with less weight.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:43 AM
Tatelasteil

Damn people on here are ****ing mean. he just came to post a story. If it was true, awsome. If it was not, then so be it.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:30 AM
rgolden90

After I put more miles on the Z I ran some slave cylinder limited 13.2-13.3's, trapping at over 107.

You're going to have to educate me here. What do you mean that you had to "slave cylinder limited"?

Good job with the 1/4 mile stock runs! Especially your best 13.1 1/4 mile time.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:33 AM
rgolden90

Originally Posted by VeeTec
You will not see videos of anyone walking anyone here, as street racing videos are not allowed.

I raced a 335 at the track, back when my Z was pretty green. During that event, we ran about dead even. I won simply because I launched better, after the launch, I didn't pull, and he didn't gain.

I went back to the track after the new slave, to a slower track, and I ran a 13.198. That was a while ago, and the car is noticably stronger now, with 40K miles. I hope to hit the track soon, once it cools down a little.

I still think someone will run a 12.9 stock.

I hope the 370Z, if it has 350hp, will run deep into the 12's, especially with less weight.
You're going to have to educate me here. What do you mean that you had to "slave cylinder limited"?

Old 08-16-2008, 06:13 AM
VeeTec

Originally Posted by rgolden90

My 07 Z had the very well documented slave cylinder issue, which meant that if you revved the motor over about 2K+ rpms during a luanch, the clutch pedal would fall to the floor due to pressure loss.

It was a major handicap, when you are trying to luanch a car. This would also happen during aggressive driving, and was not limited to the HR. The G37 had the same issue when it came out, and one of the magazines noted the issue during some road course runs.

Since then, Nissan has recalled the slave cylinders, for a voluntary replacement. Since mine was upgraded, it definitely holds better, but still is not perfect. I can however launch a little harder now, and it doesn't give out during constant acceleration.

My 04 Z could be launched at 5K+ rpms, with no issues at all.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:13 AM
rgolden90

Originally Posted by VeeTec
My 07 Z had the very well documented slave cylinder issue, which meant that if you revved the motor over about 2K+ rpms during a luanch, the clutch pedal would fall to the floor due to pressure loss.

It was a major handicap, when you are trying to luanch a car. This would also happen during aggressive driving, and was not limited to the HR. The G37 had the same issue when it came out, and one of the magazines noted the issue during some road course runs.

Since then, Nissan has recalled the slave cylinders, for a voluntary replacement. Since mine was upgraded, it definitely holds better, but still is not perfect. I can however launch a little harder now, and it doesn't give out during constant acceleration.

My 04 Z could be launched at 5K+ rpms, with no issues at all.
Ah..now I understand. Thanks for the explanation. I didn't know about that issue since I'm on the G35driver.com forums.

Getting back to the 370z, I'm thinking about trading in my '06 g35 coupe for one but I'll take a big hit on the trade-in. I'll probably have to put up another $10k plus trading in my G so I have some thinking to do.

Would you consider trading in your '07 350z for a 370Z?
Old 08-16-2008, 08:30 AM
vnarang

Driver 72:

https://my350z.com/forum/drag/348770...rap-speed.html

There you go. Stock 07 Z running 13.150 @ 107.62 with a 2 second 60'

Hes consistently running 13.1-13.2
Old 08-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Driver72

Originally Posted by Greg06
OT:

Dont you all just love how some people, think were all so clueless.

Duh..Everyone knows 335's HP is understated.
Mods and warranty? Anyone who's been with BMW for awhile, knows their hardcases when it comes to mods more so than most makes.

Invisible Piggybacks? Where ya been dude. Ever heard of V29.2?
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...updates&page=9
Taking em off 15mins before service eh? LOL Whatever man.

Fuel pump aint no biggie? You sound just like our bimmer SA

My wifes previous car was 335i pump was replaced 3 times (dealer did buyback for 328) A couple of friends had theirs go out as well on a 07 and an 08.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140023 I think nearly everyone with HPFP's in our BMW CCA chapter had some sort of problem at one time or another. One guy had a failure on his 135i. It aint a done deal yet.

No offense dude but did you just buy this car? 1st bimmer? Bet you hang at Bimmerforums right?

Where should I start.
Ahh, ok v29.2
The new PROcede and JB3 ARE invisible with v29.2 but actually there is v30 now and they are invisible to that too. I'm also friends with Shiv and Terry.
And yes, the piggybacks can be taken out in about 15-20 minutes.
It's called Plug and Play now bro. No more wires so it's much easier.

Next, I was one of the very first people to get a 335i sedan. And one of the original PROcede owners.
No fuel pump failure.
I then got a 335i Coupe, no fuel pump failure.
I have 4 friends with 335i's and only 1 had a fuel pump failure.
Not only did BMW pay for the replacement, but since at that time it was back ordered, he pitched a fit and got $4000 from BMW. Not bad.
Maybe BMW sent most of the problem 335i's up to you GUYS in San Fran.
Because, as I said, 90-95% of the people on the boards, no fuel pump failures.

As for the links to e90post:
Again, just a itsy bitsy teeny tiny bit or research on your part (known as the search button) and you'd of seen I've been a member their since Dec. 2006
And I never said the fuel pump failures are totally solved. But they are few and far between now.

Don't be a d1ck man, all cars have some issues their first year or two, especially when it's brand new from the ground up.
The fuel pump is outsourced, not BMW's fault. But compared to most brand new cars, the 335i's early issues (basically only the fuel pump) have been mild.

Funny when I had my 05 G35, it was in the shop for all kinds of TSB's and other stuff and they'd been making that car for 2 years already.

Now should I go into the list of issues with the 350Z's?? Especially the first year or two? And 5 years later there still issues (oil consumption, slave cylinder, etc etc)!

Oh, and what was that you were saying in your first line above? Something sarcastic about not being clueless. Oops, guess you jumped to conclusions a bit to hastily there huh? Might want to get clued in before making such remarks.

Now back on topic please.

Last edited by Driver72; 08-16-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:54 AM
Driver72

Originally Posted by vnarang
Driver 72:

https://my350z.com/forum/drag/348770...rap-speed.html

There you go. Stock 07 Z running 13.150 @ 107.62 with a 2 second 60'

Hes consistently running 13.1-13.2
Nice, I stand corrected.
Seems strong.
And as you said, sounds like it would be a driver's race stock for stock.

I don't know what year 350Z's I ran, but I pulled decently on both.
Sounds like the new HR's are improved.

But in fairness, his car seems especially strong and has had it's "slave cylinder" replaced.
And I don't know that Cecil Race track but post #10 indicates it's a FAST track and many records are
set at that track. So I wonder what he'd do on an average to even slightly above average track.
There are some really strong running 335i's too.
One guy with a stock sedan ran within .05 seconds and .3 mph of another guy's on the same track, same day and
the other guy had the Turbo Tuner (piggyback) on. The Turbo Tuner is one of the weaker piggybacks, but gives a
40 hp improvement.

Last edited by Driver72; 08-16-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Driver72

Originally Posted by ZZtopp
These forums can be pretty frustrating at times...I'm sorry I even started my thread about the HD video shoot in September. I risked some confidentiality for what??? For who??? It's just not worth it.

FWIW, I love the new 3 series coupe. Definitely the best looking car BMW has to offer right now. Test drove a new M3 last week and it was impressive, but I actually think the 335i looks cleaner.....and with an engine that has probably has more potential.

BTw
Yeah, I'm learning that quickly.
Harsh members on this board.
And people say BMW drivers are d1cks. BMW forums are friendly and tame by comparison welcoming non BMW owners quite a bit.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Driver72

Originally Posted by Tatelasteil
Damn people on here are ****ing mean. he just came to post a story. If it was true, awsome. If it was not, then so be it.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:57 AM
06dieselZ

BMW's hp figures are underrated because they measure in Clydesdale hp.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:52 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I'm learning that quickly.
Harsh members on this board.
And people say BMW drivers are d1cks. BMW forums are friendly and tame by comparison welcoming non BMW owners quite a bit.
ZZTOP is one of them reason why he is no longer around as you can see he was banned.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:06 PM
aznguy370z

The recent pic of the test mule was taken in arizona and i assume the heat tests are being done only in arizona. It's possible your friend saw the test mule in cal since the two states are next to each other but I believe the test mule most likely is driven only in arizona.

Is it possible that if he did see the test mule the black tape covering the car appeared to look like carbon fiber?

The 370z roof is even shorter in length than the 350z roof. I don't see more than 20lbs of weight saving with a carbon fiber roof on the 370z.

Quick Reply: 370Z spotted with Carbon Fiber roof....