Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

370Z spotted with Carbon Fiber roof....

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008 | 01:10 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD
Premier Member

IMHO, they would use Aluminum vs CF because it's cheaper and sometimes lighter.
Old 08-16-2008 | 01:20 PM
HoustnZ

Originally Posted by Driver72
Yeah, I'm learning that quickly.
Harsh members on this board.
And people say BMW drivers are d1cks. BMW forums are friendly and tame by comparison welcoming non BMW owners quite a bit.
You were doing your fare share of rude posting. Keep it cool so no others get banned.
Old 08-16-2008 | 01:22 PM
HoustnZ

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
ZZTOP is one of them reason why he is no longer around as you can see he was banned.
Agree.
Old 08-16-2008 | 01:54 PM
Driver72

Originally Posted by HoustnZ
You were doing your fare share of rude posting. Keep it cool so no others get banned.
Only in response to multiple unneeded blastings from one particular dude.
I gets old trying to be helpful only to get blasted with useless responses.
I wasn't a d1ck about it though, just harsh enough to get my point across that others can slap back from time to time if they're going to be continued d1cks.

I didn't know ZZTop got banned, But I'm guessing that the Zsport1 guy did too, since he was the instigator of all of it, and the guy who just wouldn't stop trying to insult me with worthless comments.

Again, internet arguing is pointless, but every so often a sharp, witty response is needed to cool some guys off.
Old 08-16-2008 | 01:58 PM
Driver72

Originally Posted by aznguy370z
The recent pic of the test mule was taken in arizona and i assume the heat tests are being done only in arizona. It's possible your friend saw the test mule in cal since the two states are next to each other but I believe the test mule most likely is driven only in arizona.

Is it possible that if he did see the test mule the black tape covering the car appeared to look like carbon fiber?

The 370z roof is even shorter in length than the 350z roof. I don't see more than 20lbs of weight saving with a carbon fiber roof on the 370z.

Yes IIRC, Nissan has a test facility in AZ.
But they often come here for Willow Springs race testing and the plethora of driving roads in So Cal. Also, there's nothing like Death Valley (a mere 1 hour from Willow Springs International Raceway) to do some REALLY high temp testing.

I agree, I saw the new roof of the 370Z. It's tiny, and honestly looks to bubble like with it's raised "nipple" look to it.
Again, anything is possible. My buddy has had CF parts put on his cars so he knows what it looks like.
But Nissan might just be doing it as a ploy or only for the prototype, like they apparently did for the GT-R

Aluminum would work too, but not sure if it's as strong as CF and CF might therefore be needed to pass the crash testing.
Old 08-16-2008 | 02:10 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD
Premier Member

I wasn't a d1ck about it though, just harsh enough to get my point across that others can slap back from time to time if they're going to be continued d1cks.

I didn't know ZZTop got banned, But I'm guessing that the Zsport1 guy did too, since he was the instigator of all of it, and the guy who just wouldn't stop trying to insult me with worthless comments.

Again, internet arguing is pointless, but every so often a sharp, witty response is needed to cool some guys off.
Actually you don't know ZZtop real well. He always instigates the arguments since I have known him on this site. zsport was only being defensive.

You have also said some stuff that wasn't needed. I think everyone just needs to cool off. I have done it myself in the past, but these days, I have better things to worry about instead of a internet forum.
Old 08-16-2008 | 02:11 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD
Premier Member

Yes IIRC, Nissan has a test facility in AZ.
But they often come here for Willow Springs race testing and the plethora of driving roads in So Cal. Also, there's nothing like Death Valley (a mere 1 hour from Willow Springs International Raceway) to do some REALLY high temp testing.

I agree, I saw the new roof of the 370Z. It's tiny, and honestly looks to bubble like with it's raised "nipple" look to it.
Again, anything is possible. My buddy has had CF parts put on his cars so he knows what it looks like.
But Nissan might just be doing it as a ploy or only for the prototype, like they apparently did for the GT-R

Aluminum would work too, but not sure if it's as strong as CF and CF might therefore be needed to pass the crash testing.
The 350Z currently has a Aluminum hood. It obviously doesn't hamper crash protection. Some cars have all alum panels. Alum can be as strong as steel if done properly.
Old 08-16-2008 | 03:33 PM
Driver72

Silly me, that is correct.
I knew aluminum was used in hoods, trunks, 1/4 panels and so forth, and do remember some cars having aluminum hoods too.

Guess we'll see.

And I agree, more important things to do than argue in the internet.
But it was clear to me zsport was the instigator in these threads, and he clearly brought this and other threads down.
It's also clear that isn't new to him, otherwise he wouldn't of gotten banned either.

I usually ignore crap like that, but since I was just posting to pass on what I heard and got all kinds of crap from him (and a few others) I got a bit defensive too. As you said, we've all done it. But it's those who START the crap that bring forums down, it's others who need to try not to fall into their trap by losing their head with their responses.
I personally think I did pretty good considering the "onslaught" of people being rude about their responses.

It's all good though.

And that's pretty much it for me here.
I just came in here to pass on what I heard and see if it was a repost or get your guys reaction to that news.

Seems VERY few feel it could be true. But if so, you know where you heard it first.

Take care all.
Old 08-16-2008 | 03:33 PM
rkd350z

I live on Angeles Crest highway2and never saw that.

I live in LC...
Old 08-16-2008 | 03:38 PM
Driver72

Oh one last thing:

I will make a prediction about the 370Z

It will weigh between 3200-3220 lbs (about 100-120lbs lighter than current 350Z...which strangely is 120+ lbs HEAVIER than 2003 350Z)
The power rating will be somewhere in the 340 hp range (give or take 3 hp)
Base price will increase between $1200-1500 from 2008 model.
Old 08-16-2008 | 03:54 PM
HoustnZ

No, you were in the middle of the entire thing and probably on the bubble as well. Go back and read some of your posts. Pretty ugly and rude. You need to chill bro.
Old 08-16-2008 | 03:55 PM
HoustnZ

Actually you don't know ZZtop real well. He always instigates the arguments since I have known him on this site. zsport was only being defensive.

You have also said some stuff that wasn't needed. I think everyone just needs to cool off. I have done it myself in the past, but these days, I have better things to worry about instead of a internet forum.
Yep, that cat needs to re adjust his attitude.
Old 08-16-2008 | 03:58 PM
HoustnZ

Oh one last thing:

I will make a prediction about the 370Z

It will weigh between 3200-3220 lbs (about 100-120lbs lighter than current 350Z...which strangely is 120+ lbs HEAVIER than 2003 350Z)
The power rating will be somewhere in the 340 hp range (give or take 3 hp)
Base price will increase between $1200-1500 from 2008 model.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess.
I'll wait til the car is officially unveiled and we have some real pics and specs of the production car made available to us by Nissan. Thanks for your insight from the non-Z crowd.
Old 08-16-2008 | 04:10 PM
Driver72

No, you were in the middle of the entire thing and probably on the bubble as well. Go back and read some of your posts. Pretty ugly and rude. You need to chill bro.

OK, which would that be?
The only one I was harsh with was the "watching a lot of ****" and "keeping the lights on during sex"
And that was to prove the point since he kept posting, "this thread is worthless without pics"
The point was, you don't ALWAYS need to SEE everything for something to be true.
But again, it was in a defensive response to his attacks to me.
That's a far cry from "being on the bubble" and "being in the middle of it"

Quite honestly my internet friend, you are stirring the **** right now!
Everybody else has moved on from this, but you keep bringing it up.
So please, stop pointing fingers. Now please, move on from it, the instigator is gone, so all is good.

Cheers.

Last edited by Driver72; 08-16-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-16-2008 | 04:12 PM
Driver72

Everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess.
I'll wait til the car is officially unveiled and we have some real pics and specs of the production car made available to us by Nissan. Thanks for your insight from the non-Z crowd.
Your welcome.
I think "predictions" are fun.
Makes a game of it.
Waiting till it's out and you see the specs and tests is no fun.
Then people just argue over, "that guy can't drive" and "that magazine sucks wait till owners get times" and so on and so forth.

I'll seriously consider the 370Z if it's all it's cracked up to be and the interior is made nicer. I just wish they would of made a TT 3.0 like the Z from the 90's
Old 08-16-2008 | 04:41 PM
HoustnZ

OK, which would that be?
The only one I was harsh with was the "watching a lot of ****" and "keeping the lights on during sex"
And that was to prove the point since he kept posting, "this thread is worthless without pics"
The point was, you don't ALWAYS need to SEE everything for something to be true.
But again, it was in a defensive response to his attacks to me.
That's a far cry from "being on the bubble" and "being in the middle of it"

Quite honestly my internet friend, you are stirring the **** right now!
Everybody else has moved on from this, but you keep bringing it up.
So please, stop pointing fingers. Now please, move on from it, the instigator is gone, so all is good.

Cheers.
There are several posts. Go back and read them.
I think all that guy asked for was a pic. Don't see anything wrong with that. Honestly, and don't get defensive, but you haven't really offered us anything concrete here.
Old 08-16-2008 | 04:42 PM
HoustnZ

Your welcome.
I think "predictions" are fun.
Makes a game of it.
Waiting till it's out and you see the specs and tests is no fun.
Then people just argue over, "that guy can't drive" and "that magazine sucks wait till owners get times" and so on and so forth.

I'll seriously consider the 370Z if it's all it's cracked up to be and the interior is made nicer. I just wish they would of made a TT 3.0 like the Z from the 90's
Thanks for your .02 cents but I'll wait a couple of months and get the real info.
Old 08-16-2008 | 05:30 PM
Greg06

+1 on Zsport.

But for posters like ZZtop, Driver72? etc... Agreed no point in arguing or having to read thru flame posts...

I just I-listed em. Much easier on the eyes and no risk of being banned..
Old 08-16-2008 | 05:41 PM
Greg06

IMHO, they would use Aluminum vs CF because it's cheaper and sometimes lighter.

Yup Aluminum is the way to go... For Nissan's? Leave CF to the GTR crowd.
Old 08-17-2008 | 01:33 AM
VeeTec

Originally Posted by rgolden90
Ah..now I understand. Thanks for the explanation. I didn't know about that issue since I'm on the G35driver.com forums.

Getting back to the 370z, I'm thinking about trading in my '06 g35 coupe for one but I'll take a big hit on the trade-in. I'll probably have to put up another $10k plus trading in my G so I have some thinking to do.

Would you consider trading in your '07 350z for a 370Z?
If I wasn't strapped I would. I may have to pass on the upgrade, for a while.

Quick Reply: 370Z spotted with Carbon Fiber roof....