Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

370Z spotted with Carbon Fiber roof....

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008 | 10:43 AM
350zQ45a

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
IMHO, they would use Aluminum vs CF because it's cheaper and sometimes lighter.
Not saying I disagree with that assertion, but when would Aluminum be lighter than CF?
Old 08-17-2008 | 10:51 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD
Premier Member

Carbon Fiber isn't lighter than Aluminum. You might want to do some research and see that CF and Aluminum weigh almost the same.
Some here have even weighed their CF hoods vs their stock hoods.

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 08-17-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-17-2008 | 06:56 PM
HoustnZ

IMO Nissan probably won't go with CF for the roof on the 370Z. I might be wrong but it would seem more cost effective for production to go with aluminum.

Last edited by HoustnZ; 08-18-2008 at 07:45 AM.
Old 08-18-2008 | 05:25 AM
in.the.dark

Carbon Fiber isn't lighter than Aluminum. You might want to do some research and see that CF and Aluminum weigh almost the same.
Some here have even weighed their CF hoods vs their stock hoods.
This is half correct. Heavy CF components can be made. Some hoods have a fiberglass backing. Carbon fiber is much less dense than aluminum and on a simple flat panel like a roof-skin it would be lighter. I would have to say that aluminum is more likely to find its way, but CF would be a good marketing tool.
Old 08-18-2008 | 07:13 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

Originally Posted by HoustnZ
IMO Nissan probably won't go with CF for the roof on the 370Z. I might be wrong but it would seem more cost effective for production.
agreed. I don't think they will go CF since they want to keep the cost down.
Old 08-20-2008 | 12:17 PM
ZZtopp

Actually you don't know ZZtop real well. He always instigates the arguments since I have known him on this site. zsport was only being defensive.

You have also said some stuff that wasn't needed. I think everyone just needs to cool off. I have done it myself in the past, but these days, I have better things to worry about instead of a internet forum.

Not here to start crap again, but a word in my defense is required.

First of all, you don't know me at all, so don't act like you have clue about my six year history on this site. You obviously don't. Second, on the thread in question, Zsport1 posted a moronic smiley that reflects the bulk of his contributions...not exactly "being defensive."

Unfortunately, the thread is now dead, and despite the fact that I now have an update on shooting locations and dates, I can no longer offer the info here. There is too just too much professional risk for me to leak such details...thanks to the eye-opening behavior of certain members it's simply not worth it.
Old 08-20-2008 | 01:42 PM
Faboo

Originally Posted by kacz07
i bet you know a lot about god too

HHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA

Old 08-20-2008 | 03:02 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD
Premier Member

Originally Posted by ZZtopp

First of all, you don't know me at all, so don't act like you have clue about my six year history on this site. You obviously don't. Second, on the thread in question, Zsport1 posted a moronic smiley that reflects the bulk of his contributions...not exactly "being defensive."

Unfortunately, the thread is now dead, and despite the fact that I now have an update on shooting locations and dates, I can no longer offer the info here. There is too just too much professional risk for me to leak such details...thanks to the eye-opening behavior of certain members it's simply not worth it.
Laugh....like you ever had any real info anyways. Other than causing trouble on this forum. You don't own a Z, but you are here. Got banned, now back to attack huh?
Old 08-20-2008 | 04:09 PM
ZZtopp

Laugh....like you ever had any real info anyways. Other than causing trouble on this forum. You don't own a Z, but you are here. Got banned, now back to attack huh?

Oh, the information is real, alright...and anyone who checks out the Nissan/infiniti booths at the LA show or other auto shows through the first half of 2009 will see the proof right there on the screens. BTW, thanks for making my point above.....with people like you here, it just ain't worth it.

I didn't realize that owning a 370Z was a requirement to post on this forum....and I'm not sure anyone else owns one yet either, do they?

For someone who says they have better things to do than worry about an internet forum, you sure were quick to "attack" me, huh? Good to know you're so above such behavior.
Old 08-20-2008 | 05:04 PM
jinsei888

sounds reasonable, I put my money on the OP being truthful

everytime people on these boards doubted someone with a legitimate, reasonable observation of a future car or detail, the members ate their words!
Old 08-20-2008 | 05:09 PM
Fito68

hahaha ZZ with the comeback. maybe some ppl are just jealous perhaps.
Old 08-20-2008 | 05:10 PM
UMW350Z

wow, i just read this entire thread....i want those minutes of my life back
Old 08-20-2008 | 06:16 PM
kaizenro1

Originally Posted by TBDesigns@CiNcity
I saw a flying horse lastnight but didn't get pics sorry
HOLY SIHT! YOU ARE MY GOD!
Old 08-20-2008 | 07:14 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD
Premier Member

Oh, the information is real, alright...and anyone who checks out the Nissan/infiniti booths at the LA show or other auto shows through the first half of 2009 will see the proof right there on the screens. BTW, thanks for making my point above.....with people like you here, it just ain't worth it.

I didn't realize that owning a 370Z was a requirement to post on this forum....and I'm not sure anyone else owns one yet either, do they?

For someone who says they have better things to do than worry about an internet forum, you sure were quick to "attack" me, huh? Good to know you're so above such behavior.
Laugh, anyone can review your posts and all you do is attack people on this forum.

Time to slam you with the ban hammer again.
Old 08-20-2008 | 09:33 PM
ZZtopp

Laugh, anyone can review your posts and all you do is attack people on this forum.

Time to slam you with the ban hammer again.
Again, you say you have no time to waste on internet forums but you take the time to review my posts. I'm flattered, but you seriously need to get a life, bro.

No attacks here, man....only if I'm hit first. In case you didn't notice, my post was a response to your attack on me......get off my case and I'll do the same for you. You want to keep it going, fine....it's your choice.
Old 08-20-2008 | 09:41 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by HoustnZ
IMO Nissan probably won't go with CF for the roof on the 370Z. I might be wrong but it would seem more cost effective for production to go with aluminum.
It would be more cost effective for sure, but an aluminum roof thin enough to weigh the same as carbon fiber would be far less resistant to damage...even leaning on with an elbow might be risky.

Not to bring up the dreaded "C" word here, but the carbon fiber front fenders of the C6 Z06 weigh only 3 lbs. If they produced the exact same part in aluminum, it would be weak as hell, damage prone, and it wouldn't help insurance rates.
Old 08-21-2008 | 04:18 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD
Premier Member

Again, you say you have no time to waste on internet forums but you take the time to review my posts. I'm flattered, but you seriously need to get a life, bro.

No attacks here, man....only if I'm hit first. In case you didn't notice, my post was a response to your attack on me......get off my case and I'll do the same for you. You want to keep it going, fine....it's your choice.
Wasn't attacking you. Was answering Driver's question about you. You came back and attacked me in your first post. You sure you aren't a kid? You sure act like one.
Old 08-21-2008 | 04:44 AM
in.the.dark

SOLO and ZZ, knock it off. SOLO, ZZ didn't attack you at all, just quoted you in his first response back here. ZZ, don't give Solo anything more to respond to. You guys are being a little more civil, but it's probably best if both of you only stick to the topic and if you are responding to eachother, make sure it's topical. I think anyone and everyone can read as to who is attacking whom and who is more civil, and I think both of you have something to contribute to this site, but right now you both aren't doing yourselves any favors with the board.
Old 08-21-2008 | 06:07 AM
HoustnZ

FAIL

ZZ, we really don't want to hear you crying like a baby. If you have a problem with another member take it to personal messaging. The rest of us don't need to read this crap. Thanks
Old 08-21-2008 | 01:35 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by in.the.dark
SOLO and ZZ, knock it off. SOLO, ZZ didn't attack you at all, just quoted you in his first response back here. ZZ, don't give Solo anything more to respond to. You guys are being a little more civil, but it's probably best if both of you only stick to the topic and if you are responding to eachother, make sure it's topical. I think anyone and everyone can read as to who is attacking whom and who is more civil, and I think both of you have something to contribute to this site, but right now you both aren't doing yourselves any favors with the board.
I agree with you and I am happy to let it go, but a few here like to keep stirring the $hit as they simultaneously protest any arguing....proof positive that you don't have to pass an IQ test to post on this forum.

Quick Reply: 370Z spotted with Carbon Fiber roof....