Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

350z HR VS 370z Video

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 12:11 PM
RedBeauty84ZX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiriller
Ok, but please would you like to back your self up with a video of 370z beating 350z? Besides that rolling one which has too many variables to consider, a typical drag race or anything like that will do. So far, theres only 1 proper video which i have posted that says 350 is faster, and the 350 was an automatic.
Theres variables in any race to consider. But the amount of variables varys vastly between from a stop and from a roll:
Amount of variables to consider from a stop:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Amount of variables to consider from a roll:
XXXXXXX

Thats a good analogy for you. If you can't understand why then please don't even continue in this discussion.

So instead of bench racing, why dont you 370z nut huggers, take your cars out and race a stock hr, unless your scared? oh and ofcourse, video to prove. This would stop this kind of topics from poping up in the future.
Instead of a street race video why don't we make it even more precise?? Trap speeds. Trap speeds are the best way to see which car is faster since they are minimally effected by driver skill and launching. And the 370Z seems to average about 2-4MPH higher trap speeds then the 350Z HR clearly showing it is the faster car.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:11 PM
RedBeauty84ZX

Originally Posted by TheBestThereIs
I'm really having a hard time trying for figure out why the 350 and the 370 owners are even arguing. So what if the 370 is faster. Why get mad? There are hundreds of other cars that are also faster than the 350, why take it so personal? I personally love the 370. With it coming out i managed to buy an 07 redline 350z for 16.9

240, 300, 350, 370. They're just different numbers on all beautiful cars. We're all brothers here. God bless the Z

SO quit the bitchin
Its called ignorance.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:18 PM
Kiriller

I honestly dont care if 370z is faster and what ever else they say about it.

I just want a video of a good race that includes HR and 370z. You guys with 370z could make it happen, just grab a camera.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:31 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

I honestly dont care if 370z is faster and what ever else they say about it.

I just want a video of a good race that includes HR and 370z. You guys with 370z could make it happen, just grab a camera.
It would be just as easy for you , yet you don't .
Old 07-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Wukillabeez78

You'll be waiting in vain for a while. There aren't many videos out there that show many different cars racing (for example a C5 vs a C6 or even a 350Z DE vs a 350Z HR). And when you do find such videos their are always too many variables (one car having mods while the other is stock, one car having a passenger while the other doesn't, driver skill or lack of skill, etc..etc...) that come into play to decisively say one car is faster than the other based solely on that particular race. I could say I want to see a video that shows any two cars racing that conclusively shows one car is faster than another and even if such a vid existed it wouldn't mean anything. At the most you could say one car won because the variables were favorable for it that day or because it's driver was better, etc... How many vids are posted out there where both cars are stock and the drivers switch cars and do 3 to 5 runs to take away the advantage of driver skill? Not many, so you can clamor to see a video all you want but to me a video proves very little. On a good day with certain variables in their favor the Wizards might be capable of beating the Lakers but if they play a series the Lakers are going to win. Like others have said, the best way to see if one car is faster than another is too compare stock 1/4 numbers and other times. You are then able come up with average times and see what each car is capable of. People have already gotten better times out of the stock VQ37VHR 370Z compared to a stock VQ35HR 350Z (and that goes across the board to other vehicles like say a 07-08 G sedan with the VQ35HR compared to a 09 G sedan with the VQ37VHR). You're telling guys with a 370Z to make it happen but if you have a 350Z why don't you make it happen? Post your vid and make yourself happy. My point is a vid of a stock VQ35HR beating a stock VQ37VHR wouldn't impress me (or many other people who know anything about racing). The 370Z is faster but not by such a wide margin that it would win everytime, esp. when you factor in some of the other variables I've mentioned. I'd be somewhat impressed if I saw a vid of a stock Nissan Sentra outrunning a 370Z (or a 350Z) because the performance difference between the two is very wide but even then I'd say, "Wow, the driver of the Z must really be horrible"...

Last edited by Wukillabeez78; 07-25-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:58 PM
singh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^
i didn't even bother to read your story but I can tell you first hand that the 370z is faster than a HR (mine), DE (in a g coupe), rx8 (my brother's), lexus is250 (my neighbor's)

My friend at my university has a white one and he beat all of us from a 40 roll.. It's an automatic. He had about 2 car lengths on me by the time we reached 120ish. The rest of the cars were pathetic.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:35 PM
RobH_350z

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i beat a 370. however, some say my Z is really fast for a DE.

but no lies here. a well driven 370, will put a hurting
on a 350z. hands down..
Old 07-25-2009, 09:30 PM
theintimmydator

HAHAHAH i didnt even see this thread til now. Epic FAIL for me. Let me set the record straight. I OWN a bloody 08HR. I am an HR fanboi. However, Kiriller, you need to calm yourself down and admit that you're wrong. I've raced 3 different 370s. I was in denial JUST like you. I had the inferior complex. I wanted to prove to them that my HR was just as good. However, I'm sorry dude - our motors are outdated and not the top dogg anymore. I got my behind handed to me by all 3 370s. 1 auto, 2 manual. We did repeated runs from a roll: any speed you name it. Those vvel motors are an engineering marvel. I was so bitter that i lost so badly to the 370s that i started lurking on their site. Turns out that you can get 50 whp (not a typo) from cai, hfc, exhaust, and pulley. The 3 370s literally left a nasty gap on me every time we ran and even tho i still am an HR fanboi, i've come to realize that they are definitely faster than us by a good margin. Get over yourself like everyone says dude. It's just a car.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:48 PM
DemitriHKS

^ good post. I have a 03' but even if I had an HR I'd actually be pissed if the 370Z was slower than a HR or even Nismo HR. It's about time Nissan put a car factory out that can beat an LS1 car or hang with a C6. The funny thing is that what are all the HR fan boys going to say when the Nismo hits the streets? That it's still slower? I used to be a member of twinturbo.net and a lot of the Z32 owners hate on the 350. I'd hate to see it happen again. The 370 is a sick freaking car!
Old 07-25-2009, 09:55 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by DemitriHKS
It's about time Nissan put a car factory out that can beat an LS1 car or hang with a C6.
Let's not get too rambunctious there. A 370Z will not keep up with a C6, unless the C6 parked. It would be more of a driver's race against an LS1 C5 though, with the edge still going to the C5.

Last edited by HDPDZO6; 07-25-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Greg06

Originally Posted by TheBestThereIs
I'm really having a hard time trying for figure out why the 350 and the 370 owners are even arguing. So what if the 370 is faster. Why get mad? There are hundreds of other cars that are also faster than the 350, why take it so personal? I personally love the 370. With it coming out i managed to buy an 07 redline 350z for 16.9

240, 300, 350, 370. They're just different numbers on all beautiful cars. We're all brothers here. God bless the Z

SO quit the bitchin
+1 Totally agree.. But if you hang here long enough you'll see that such comments will just fall on deaf ears..
Old 07-25-2009, 10:31 PM
knils

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol I like how he asked about quantifiable results. It's called a fcken dyno, not a video of two morons racing.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:43 PM
freshlettuce

Originally Posted by HDPDZO6
Let's not get too rambunctious there. A 370Z will not keep up with a C6, unless the C6 parked. It would be more of a driver's race against an LS1 C5 though, with the edge still going to the C5.
I've actually raced one of my buddies LS1 Camaro z28 with basic bolt ons. It was a 2001 model, and I had my HR 350z, from a 40 roll, I pulled on him by almost my whole cars length, he was trailing at my back wheel/antenna. We raced 4 times and I got him everytime.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:01 AM
Kiriller

Just for the record, as i said in past, im not in denial, im not hoping which car could be faster bla bla i want to know for a fact which car is faster and by how much, if i had a friend with 370 id race him with out a problem with a camera.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:33 AM
theintimmydator

you in fact ARE in denial because in this very thread you stated that you STILL think the 370 is NOT faster than the 350 even though you want it to be. That means you're in denial because everyone is in fact telling you that it's faster. Gotta move on dude. I was in your shoes before. It just feels much better when you realize the facts and give credit where it's due.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:34 AM
theintimmydator

Originally Posted by knils
lol I like how he asked about quantifiable results. It's called a fcken dyno, not a video of two morons racing.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:06 AM
DemitriHKS

Originally Posted by HDPDZO6
Your right, lets not get ahead of ourselves. Read up on LS1tech with the guys who have had run ins with them already. LS1 motor is a great power plant but its dated and other than aerodynamics of a Vette the rest are designed like bricks. I'm just going off of what was said on that board and assuming both are in stock form the 370 is cleaning up. It makes perfect sense to me as well cause even the HR was giving them a good fight.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:15 AM
theintimmydator

Not very relevant to the subject but fyi i ran a c5 vette auto and i walked away from it pretty easily. The problem is that the auto they used for c5 is utterly garbage. I don't know what you can deduce from this but just letting you know.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:39 AM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by DemitriHKS
Your right, lets not get ahead of ourselves. Read up on LS1tech with the guys who have had run ins with them already. LS1 motor is a great power plant but its dated and other than aerodynamics of a Vette the rest are designed like bricks. I'm just going off of what was said on that board and assuming both are in stock form the 370 is cleaning up. It makes perfect sense to me as well cause even the HR was giving them a good fight.
I'm not talking about Camaros... You stated the 370 would keep up with a C6 and then mentioned beating LS1's. The only LS1's the 370 would stand a chance against would be the ones in f-bodies and the GTO. C5 Vettes have LS1's as well, however, power to weight ratio gives the edge to the C5.

No way one will even come close to a C6 (even the older LS2 versions).
Old 07-26-2009, 10:41 AM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by theintimmydator
Not very relevant to the subject but fyi i ran a c5 vette auto and i walked away from it pretty easily. The problem is that the auto they used for c5 is utterly garbage. I don't know what you can deduce from this but just letting you know.
The older auto C5 came with a crap tranny, as you mention. The newer ones are a bit quicker, but unless tuned, are slushes compared to the MT's. Stock AT's are very low 13 second cars, so they aren't slow by any means. The MT's have gotten as low as 12.7'ish bone stock (most likely awesome DA and track prep + very good driver though).

C5 AT vs 370Z: drivers race
C5 MT vs 370Z: Vette wins
C5Z vs 370Z: Vette schools the 370Z
C6 (LS2/LS3) vs 370Z: Same as vs C5Z

Last edited by HDPDZO6; 07-26-2009 at 10:48 AM.

Quick Reply: 350z HR VS 370z Video