Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

09 370z or 05 Vette

Old 07-02-2010, 07:40 AM
SeckZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
Oh really? How about you google "2007 corvette epa" and tell me what you find. Do you actually think before you type?

370 envy, are you serious? It's a nice car and all but I think it's funny you're assuming that I couldn't own one if I wanted to. As for your husbands 600 hp m3, better hope you don't try to pick on a vette that's similarly modded because that could be very embarrassing for you.

You might benefit from doing a little more research on these cars before you make anymore outlandish claims.
the car is question is a 2005, not a 2007, do you think before you type?

And I have nothing to prove to any of you really, now stop nutswinging and let this thread get back on topic yes? My opinion has been presented, and so have all of yours, congrats.

And I must say, for a Z forum... i've never seen such a lack of respect and pride in one of your own, choosing an Corvette over one of your own? Blasphemous.

I LOVED my Z33, but after driving it for 5 years, i felt the looks were a bit dated and the power was lacking, I test drove the new Z and I fell in love all over again. I have nothing but respect for ALL Z cars, which is something that a few of you need to embrace. I understand that there are some out there who cannot afford to trade up for one, but dont condemn the car for being new, be happy with your Z and be proud of the future of the model!

Last edited by SeckZ; 07-02-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:01 AM
SeckZ

and please, let me reiterate, this is a thread for information on the 370Z, there are plenty of 350 threads on this forum. If you have nothing nice to say about the car, then why are you even posting here?
Old 07-02-2010, 09:15 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SeckZ
the car is question is a 2005, not a 2007, do you think before you type?
Did you really just say something about a 2005 when both the 2005 and 2007 covette have the same engine? You can't be this clueless. Once again, google 2005 corvette epa and read accordingly.

And I have nothing to prove to any of you really, now stop nutswinging and let this thread get back on topic yes? My opinion has been presented, and so have all of yours, congrats.
Well we certainly know it's not fact.

And I must say, for a Z forum... i've never seen such a lack of respect and pride in one of your own, choosing an Corvette over one of your own? Blasphemous.
Lack of pride? LOL, we all have love for the Z and it's heritage. However, we are all not a bunch of pigeons who think it's the king of all sports cars.

Originally Posted by SeckZ;8497765I
LOVED my Z33, but after driving it for 5 years, i felt the looks were a bit dated and the power was lacking, I test drove the new Z and I fell in love all over again. I have nothing but respect for ALL Z cars, which is something that a few of you need to embrace. I understand that there are some out there who cannot afford to trade up for one, but dont condemn the car for being new, be happy with your Z and be proud of the future of the model!
Just because a 350 owner does not buy a 370Z does not necessarily mean they cannot afford it. It most likely means they found something that appeased them more or are happy with their current car. Congrats on your 370z and I hope it treats you well. I'll say it again though, you might want to do a little more research before you address a topic you don't know much about.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:20 AM
AroundMyHorn

and please, let me reiterate, this is a thread for information on the 370Z, there are plenty of 350 threads on this forum. If you have nothing nice to say about the car, then why are you even posting here?
Once again, reading is your friend. Did you not see the other car in question in the thread title (hint, it ends in vette )? Not to mention I have experience with both cars so wouldn't that be helpful to him?
Old 07-02-2010, 09:27 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*yawns*

Let me guess.

Corvette can't handle.
Corvette gets worse gas mileage.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:29 AM
SeckZ

Agree to disagree

from Wikipedia:

"Compared to the C5 generation, the C6 gets an overhaul of the suspension geometry, all new bodywork with exposed headlamps, a larger passenger compartment, a larger 6.0 L (364 cu in; 5967 cc) engine, and a much higher level of refinement.[2] Overall, it is 5.1 inches (13 cm) shorter than the C5, but its wheelbase has increased by 1.2 inches (3 cm). It is also one inch (2.5 cm) narrower. The 6.0 L LS2 V8 produces 400 hp (298 kW) at 6000 rpm and 400 lb·ft (542 N·m) of torque at 4400 rpm.

With an automatic transmission, the Corvette achieves 15/25 mpg (city/highway); the manual-transmission model gets 16/26 mpg.[3] The Corvette's manual transmission is fitted with Computer Aided Gear Shifting (CAGS), obligating the driver to shift from 1st directly to 4th when operating at lower RPMs. This boosts the EPA's derived fuel economy thus allowing the buyer to avoid paying the "gas guzzler" tax. GM badges were added to the car in 2006."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvette_C6
Old 07-02-2010, 09:33 AM
TheOtherRob

Holy thread hijack batman! I do appreciate performance cars, however, I know what I like, and looks wise, the Corvette doesnt do it for me, it never has, along with the Camaro and the Mustang, why? because everyone drives one. If i could have any car, i'd be driving an M5, now THAT is performance!!!
Because there arent a TON of Z's on the road...

And what does everyone having one have to do with the way a car looks? If that's the case, you should have hated your 350z..

Anyway, OP I would keep searching for a low mileage C6. The gas mileage between the two is not a factor, so I wouldn't entertain that subject. The 370z lacks so much in the power department compared to the competition I couldn't justify one right now. Unless they bring back the TT in a couple years.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:37 AM
AroundMyHorn

LOL@wikipedia.

In any matter, we're splitting hairs here in reference to our numbers. Both 370z owners and vette owners have reported getting 30 mpg on road trips so let's call it a wash because this horse is almost dead. I just hope none of you average 30 miles to the gallon because these cars were meant to be driven in a spirited fashion (I averaged 20 mpg in the Z and 18 mpg in the vette when I owned them....hehe).
Old 07-02-2010, 09:46 AM
SeckZ

Originally Posted by TheOtherRob

And what does everyone having one have to do with the way a car looks? If that's the case, you should have hated your 350z..

Anyway, OP I would keep searching for a low mileage C6. The gas mileage between the two is not a factor, so I wouldn't entertain that subject. The 370z lacks so much in the power department compared to the competition I couldn't justify one right now. Unless they bring back the TT in a couple years.
Lacks power? 332 hp, HUGE aftermarket support and decades of heritage for 27k is a bargain. Do not compare this car to a Mustang or Camaro either. I had to wait YEARS for quality modifications to come out for my 350! the 370 was out for a few months and there were already 3 TT kits out!!!
Old 07-02-2010, 09:49 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by TheOtherRob

To be fair, I see more Vettes here than Zs. I wouldn't say the Z is rare by any means... but the Vette has no "exclusivity" perk here... that's for sure.

The Vette has decades of heritage and an aftermarket support that's bigger than the 370Z

I still wouldn't drive one, but that's where personal preference comes into play.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:57 AM
SeckZ

Did anybody read the June issue of Import Tuner? Where they make mention of TT 370's beating fully race prepped GT-R's?

And to Blasian, what parts are available to the Corvette that the 370 doesnt have? Turbos? got em. Superchargers? we have 2.

The 370 is light years ahead of where the 350 was at that stage in its cycle as far as the aftermarket is concerned, I would know, i've owned both. How about we all stop bickering here and let the OP make his own decisions? And please, everyone, stop with the bias against the 370 k?
Old 07-02-2010, 09:59 AM
SeckZ

and to the naysayers, this thread is pretty impressive!

a 1000hp 370!!!

http://www.the-370z.com/forced-induc...hp-beyond.html

take the dash out after "the"
Old 07-02-2010, 09:59 AM
blasian

lol I'm a fan of the 370Z but I'm just putting things into perspective. The 370Z is way ahead of the 350Z as far as aftermarket goes but I wouldn't go as far as saying it's larger than the Vette's support.

That is all.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:01 AM
SeckZ

found a good article with a TT 370 against a supercharged 350

http://www.importtuner.com/features/...70z/index.html
Old 07-02-2010, 10:03 AM
SeckZ

and another, GT-R killer

http://www.importtuner.com/features/...ing/index.html

i like this:

"Tunability. 370Z + Bolt-on modifications = GT-R killer. Proof? Super Lap Battle, November 2009: Our project Z34 (p. 66) spanked not one, but two modified R35s. Let that swirl around for a minute. Two, as in a pair of GT-Rs."

Last edited by SeckZ; 07-02-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:04 AM
infamous350

You guys should be banned for hating on the vette lol. ITs a way better sports car your being biased. U could do breathing mods and you could easilly run faster then a super charged or low boosted z. And reliable you could beat the hell out of it and never blow the engine. And it handles far better. What the hell are you guys talking about lol.., This is coming from someone who had and loves the z for over 5 years. Bought mine new still drive it and love it. But those 2005 vette i would trade in my car any day for one . HATERZZZZZ, For the guy that said he would never drive one LOL thats cause you never drove one. Go test drive one and then feel depressed when you get back in your z lol

Last edited by infamous350; 07-02-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:06 AM
SeckZ

Originally Posted by infamous350
You guys should be banned for hating on the vette lol. ITs a way better sports car your being biased. U could do breathing mods and you could easilly run faster then a super charged or low boosted z. And reliable you could beat the hell out of it and never blow the engine. And it handles far better. What the hell are you guys talking about lol.., This is coming from someone who had and loves the z for over 5 years. Bought mine new still drive it and love it. But those 2005 vette i would trade in my car any day for one . HATERZZZZZ, For the guy that said he would never drive one LOL thats cause you never drove one. Go test drive one and then feel depressed when you get back in your z lol
doubt it, my car handles better, and is much more attractive
Old 07-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
I owned a vette and can honestly say you have no idea what you are talking about. THe LS2 is rated at 18 city and 28 highway. It too is capable of averaging 30 miles to to the gallon. Not too bad for a big ol v8 that can hand the 370 it's ***. You obviously have blinders on (no offense, but the 370 is not very attractive until you dress it up). A better fight for you to pick would be with the 2011 mustang but keep in mind they've done quite well with their new 5.0 as well.
+1 and im a huge fan of the 370 too. with that being said, i would never shell out for a base c6, z06 or better for me.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Dont buy a used 5 year old sports car with over 55K miles.
Youre buying someone else problems at that point. I would go with either the 370 or a newer car with lower miles. Good luck with your decision.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:46 AM
AroundMyHorn

Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep
Dont buy a used 5 year old sports car with over 55K miles.
Youre buying someone else problems at that point. I would go with either the 370 or a newer car with lower miles. Good luck with your decision.
Truth. You can get a used 2007-2008 vette for under 35k these days. Keep looking.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 09 370z or 05 Vette