Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

09 370z or 05 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 10:05 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
Exactly. SackZ is touting GTM's build as if it's going to be the norm.
Hell, I get ragged on all the time because I tell everyone that a turbo kit will never touch my Z as long as I own it, that's certainly not the norm

Originally Posted by C5_vette
Weeerd I just don't even understand what that has to do with the purpose of this thread oh well sounds like op went with the vette in the end
You know how it is around here. I mean, S2000s can't make power from boosted because it's a I4 for crying out loud
Old 07-14-2010, 10:06 AM
C5_vette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SeckZ
I dont take it as a personal insult at all, however I dont like it when people talk down upon the 370Z, its an amazing car. And if you want to talk power per dollar, the 6.0 GTO leads in that category, I seen one the other day for less than 25k.

For all that you get with the 370, handling, power, looks, Its a pretty tough one to beat.
uhhh the GTO is a pig!!! power does not equal performance... GTO's don't exactly handle superbly well, and they aren't exactly fast in the 1/4 mile stock either..... they have tons of potential but stock for stock a GTO is nothing like a vette or a 370Z... we are talking overall performance per dollar.. not power

Originally Posted by blasian

You know how it is around here. I mean, S2000s can't make power from boosted because it's a I4 for crying out loud

Last edited by C5_vette; 07-14-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:08 AM
blasian

uhhh the GTO is a pig!!! power does not equal performance... GTO's don't exactly handle superbly well, and they aren't exactly fast in the 1/4 mile stock either..... GTO is nothing like a vette or a 370Z
Yeah, I drove my friends GTO and it was a WORLDS difference between handling of my Z. The stock throw was also equivalent to rowing a boat
Old 07-14-2010, 10:09 AM
SeckZ

uhhh the GTO is a pig!!! power does not equal performance... GTO's don't exactly handle superbly well, and they aren't exactly fast in the 1/4 mile stock either..... GTO is nothing like a vette or a 370Z
True story, but you gotta admit, power per dollar, it wins!

Also, the sport package 370Z is one of the best deals going, 30k will get you SRM technology, LSD, 4 pot brakes, Rays forged wheels, spoiler and lip, thats pretty tough to beat!
Old 07-14-2010, 10:11 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

uhhh the GTO is a pig!!! power does not equal performance... GTO's don't exactly handle superbly well, and they aren't exactly fast in the 1/4 mile stock either..... they have tons of potential but stock for stock a GTO is nothing like a vette or a 370Z... we are talking overall performance per dollar.. not power

LOL, word.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:15 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

WTF are you talking about? Did you just say the GTO has more power than the vette when they have the exact same motor? BAN!

GTO

5,970 cc 6 liters V 8 front engine with 101.6 mm bore, 92 mm stroke, 10.9 compression ratio, overhead valve and two valves per cylinder LS2

Vette

5,967 cc 6 liters V 8 front engine with 101.6 mm bore, 92 mm stroke, 10.9 compression ratio, overhead valve and two valves per cylinder LS2

That's not my point though, the GTO is about 2 seconds slower in the 1/4 so it does not win power per dollar.

Last edited by AroundMyHorn; 07-14-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:17 AM
illjim69

Received 545 Likes on 443 Posts

I dont take it as a personal insult at all, however I dont like it when people talk down upon the 370Z, its an amazing car. And if you want to talk power per dollar, the 6.0 GTO leads in that category, I seen one the other day for less than 25k.
The GTO? I thought we were talking about cars that are still made. Oh and I said PERFORMANCE, not just power, that is only a part of the deal. Nice try.

For all that you get with the 370, handling, power, looks, Its a pretty tough one to beat.
Well you can buy a Nismo 370 OR you can spend 10 grand more and get a Vette that will monkey stomp that Nismo in just about every facet of performance.

You must be young, because you have that attitude that somehow you have the best car out there. I think we have all been there at some point in our lives, we just blindly defend our car choice. As you get older you will see that there really is no need to defend your choices in life if they truly make you happy. That said, yes you are taking this personal. The only leg you have to stand on is regarding the looks of either car, everything else is fact based and the Vette is a better performance car than the 370Z (not that they are really in the same class).

I still lol @ pinstripes on a Z
Old 07-14-2010, 10:22 AM
illjim69

Also, the sport package 370Z is one of the best deals going, 30k will get you SRM technology, LSD, 4 pot brakes, Rays forged wheels, spoiler and lip, thats pretty tough to beat!
And all that tech equals performance numbers that are about the same as the Mustang GT, Evo, STi, etc..........
Old 07-14-2010, 10:23 AM
SeckZ

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
WTF are you talking about? Did you just say the GTO has more power than the vette when they have the exact same motor? BAN!

GTO

5,970 cc 6 liters V 8 front engine with 101.6 mm bore, 92 mm stroke, 10.9 compression ratio, overhead valve and two valves per cylinder LS2

Vette

5,967 cc 6 liters V 8 front engine with 101.6 mm bore, 92 mm stroke, 10.9 compression ratio, overhead valve and two valves per cylinder LS2

That's not my point though, the GTO is about 2 seconds slower in the 1/4 so it does not win power per dollar.
No sir, didnt say more power, I said power per dollar, <25k GTO... >25k Corvette.

I also did not say speed per dollar, the key word here is "power".
Old 07-14-2010, 10:28 AM
SeckZ

Originally Posted by illjim69
The GTO? I thought we were talking about cars that are still made. Oh and I said PERFORMANCE, not just power, that is only a part of the deal. Nice try.

Well you can buy a Nismo 370 OR you can spend 10 grand more and get a Vette that will monkey stomp that Nismo in just about every facet of performance.

You must be young, because you have that attitude that somehow you have the best car out there. I think we have all been there at some point in our lives, we just blindly defend our car choice. As you get older you will see that there really is no need to defend your choices in life if they truly make you happy. That said, yes you are taking this personal. The only leg you have to stand on is regarding the looks of either car, everything else is fact based and the Vette is a better performance car than the 370Z (not that they are really in the same class).

I still lol @ pinstripes on a Z
Or I could buy a sport package for 30k OTD, use that extra 10 grand to install a Twin Turbo... but thats a whole different story

Someone should name this section of the forum "370Z Owners, but if you actually own one, you are not welcome here", its apparent there are no TRUE Z car enthusiasts here, just a bunch of children with biased opinions! But hey, what can you expect when an 03-04 Z can be afforded by the grocery bagger at Albertsons?
Old 07-14-2010, 10:31 AM
blasian

Or I could buy a sport package for 30k OTD, use that extra 10 grand to install a Twin Turbo... but thats a whole different story

Someone should name this section of the forum "370Z Owners, but if you actually own one, you are not welcome here", its apparent there are no TRUE Z car enthusiasts here, just a bunch of children with biased opinions! But hey, what can you expect when an 03-04 Z can be afforded by the grocery bagger at Albertsons?
There is a difference between an enthusiast and a nut hugger. How can you claim to be a an enthusiast when you can't find an appreciation for other cars?

Now myself... you'll never see me own a Vette and there are plenty here that know that and its simply personal preference. However, it's performance is hard to beat for its price point.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:37 AM
C5_vette

No sir, didnt say more power, I said power per dollar, <25k GTO... >25k Corvette.

I also did not say speed per dollar, the key word here is "power".

what are you talking about??? so you are speaking about used cars... great.. used C6's can aslo be found in that price range.... and for the last time... we are talking about performance per dollar not power

so you want to buy a new car then slap a turbo on it... there goes your warranty.so why buy new??. also you will find that going FI is a lot more costly than it seems... and it is a good idea to have at least another 5K ready to use in case issues arise... just ask anyone that has boosted a vehicle...

and finally is is apparent that you are a nuthugger.... and you just proved it with your ridiculous statement about the price of Z's.... using your ridiculous logic I should just go pick up a Z for 10K then build and boost it for 20K... and guess what it will spank your 30K 370z + the 10k you spend on your TT kit....

seriously you are the one that needs to grow up and stop nuthigging... and since you like to speak about the prices of cars and are obviously implying that "we" cant afford a 370..

then why the hell are you harping on the price difference between the vette and 370... since you are implying that you are a baller.. the price should be a moot point...

Last edited by C5_vette; 07-14-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:59 AM
illjim69

See what I mean? You sound like an elitist. Wow, you bought a Z, yippee. Should I sell my low mileage HR so I can buy a 370 and gloat about it and look down on other people? I bought my car brand new, yippie! And guess what? In a few years people with lower paying jobs will be able to buy 370s and the 400Z (or whatever) will be out. Get over yourself. Are you a teenager? Because you sound like one.

First off, we are talking stock versus stock. I mean, I can buy a ton of other cars, build it up and beat the crap out of your car for less money, but so what? Once you slap that turbo kit on there, bye bye warranty.

Who is exuding the biased opinion here? YOU ARE! You think the 370 is God's gift to the car world. We are basing our statements off of proof and numbers. I love my Z and I love other Zs, but it doesn't mean I won't acknowledge the fact that it isn't the best car out there. Different strokes for different folks. But in the grand scheme of things:

C6 > Z
Old 07-14-2010, 12:06 PM
illjim69

This explains a lot about the maturity level we are dealing with:

Originally Posted by SeckZ's profile
Biography: Hottest chick in a Z you'll ever see!
Somehow I doubt that.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:10 PM
C5_vette

Get over yourself. Are you a teenager? Because you sound like one.

Ding Ding Ding...... very plausible
This explains a lot about the maturity level we are dealing with:
Old 07-14-2010, 12:16 PM
TheOtherRob

thanks for that detailed response, if there are other 1000Whp VQ builds by members on this site, then feel free to share.. its been a while since I checked up on the high HP builds...so I could be wrong... but that wasn't really the main point of my post..

You may want to re read my post and see where it was directed...

Count the ^'s..
Old 07-14-2010, 12:18 PM
blasian

Originally Posted by TheOtherRob

Count the ^'s..
Gotta watch him. He's in Contra spreader gun mode right now
Old 07-14-2010, 12:22 PM
C5_vette

Originally Posted by TheOtherRob

Count the ^'s..

Old 07-14-2010, 12:29 PM
TheOtherRob

I see....lol

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DE-jM9hUBC4&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>
Old 07-14-2010, 12:44 PM
_Donovan_

Vette,

Quick Reply: 09 370z or 05 Vette