Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

09 370z or 05 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 01:09 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SeckZ
No sir, didnt say more power, I said power per dollar, <25k GTO... >25k Corvette.

I also did not say speed per dollar, the key word here is "power".

Per per dollar huh? Why stop there, why not just go buy an LS2 and strap it to a go kart?

You're reasoning is that of a teenager. Please, get your head of your ***.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:16 PM
AroundMyHorn

Or I could buy a sport package for 30k OTD, use that extra 10 grand to install a Twin Turbo... but thats a whole different story
Just 10k huh, man, your ricer logic is outstanding. How about you grab 10k (since you're such a baller) and go install twins and show us how easy it really is........

Someone should name this section of the forum "370Z Owners, but if you actually own one, you are not welcome here", its apparent there are no TRUE Z car enthusiasts here, just a bunch of children with biased opinions! But hey, what can you expect when an 03-04 Z can be afforded by the grocery bagger at Albertsons?
Are you saying Albertsons baggers are beneath you? Wow, I did not know we were dealing with such an elitist. Surely with you being such a baller you would have been able to afford the 19 inch wheel upgrade (you have 18's in that pinstripe picture)? That twin turbo install should be a piece of cake for you as well, no?
Old 07-15-2010, 12:08 AM
enigmadsm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say go with the Z!!! Although a C6 with a nice set of HRE's a fat cam and some nice exhaust would be pretty sweet.

i'm just an import guy more myself. I'd rather have the 370 dropped on some Volks or Works and some nice exhaust to hear that amazing tone. Plus the interior quality is like 10x better (just IMO from driving both)

But I do agree with seckz...power for dollar GTO 6.0 beats both the Z and the Vette. In my area you can get 6.0 goats for around 15k now. and to the person that said they are 2 seconds slower than a vette stock??? Are you off your rocker??? They run similar times, with the vette MAYBE being a half second quicker in the straight line. Handling its obviously a different story.
I'm not debating which car is better but both the goat and the c6 can do amazing things with minimal mods. Both can be trapping in the upper 120s-130s with tune, bolt ons, cam, tires and bottle. The goat has a really nice interior also, it doesnt seem to rattle as much as the vette, and has back seats to boot!

At the end of the day though, I will still take a nissan over a GM!!! Z cars FTW

Oh and in for pics of Seckz
Old 07-15-2010, 06:29 AM
AroundMyHorn

Originally Posted by enigmadsm

But I do agree with seckz...power for dollar GTO 6.0 beats both the Z and the Vette. In my area you can get 6.0 goats for around 15k now. and to the person that said they are 2 seconds slower than a vette stock??? Are you off your rocker??? They run similar times, with the vette MAYBE being a half second quicker in the straight line. Handling its obviously a different story.
I'm not debating which car is better but both the goat and the c6 can do amazing things with minimal mods. Both can be trapping in the upper 120s-130s with tune, bolt ons, cam, tires and bottle. The goat has a really nice interior also, it doesnt seem to rattle as much as the vette, and has back seats to boot!
Power for dollar is a silly argument. If you really want to get the most bang for your buck why not go buy a 5k miata and throw an LS2 in it? That would cost about 15k and you'd smoke a GTO. Hell ,why not build a CRX for 15k and really do it big? The more rational argument would be performance per dollar and the GTO can't even come close to vette in that category. I may have fudged the numbers for the GTO (you did as well) but when you get down to it they consistently run 13.5's while the LS2 vette's run 12.5's. The fastest time I've heard for a stock GTO was 12.9 (didn't see the time slip) and the fastest for the LS2 vette was 12.2.

As for the rest, the GTO is a nice car but lets' face it, it's not winning any beauty contests anytime soon.

At the end of the day though, I will still take a nissan over a GM!!! Z cars FTW
Personal preference and that is fine, more power to you.

Oh and in for pics of Seckz

I still say "she" is a man.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:44 AM
TheOtherRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Play nice children, at the end of the day we all know the 370z owns all... Dont make me find videos to prove it...
Old 07-15-2010, 08:09 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn

Per per dollar huh? Why stop there, why not just go buy an LS2 and strap it to a go kart?

You're reasoning is that of a teenager. Please, get your head of your ***.
As far styling per dollar, pin stripe wins hands down
Old 07-15-2010, 08:38 AM
Freethriftyz

/thread

Z has no torque, even the 3seventy...get forced induction if you really want to smile...
Old 07-15-2010, 09:07 AM
fairlady_Z34

i own a 370 and love it. i drove a new corvette a few months ago and unless you get the upgraded suspension the 370 handles way better. sure the corvette has more power but everything isnt about straight line performance anymore
Old 07-15-2010, 09:14 AM
blasian

The Z has no torque so you post a picture of an Evo?
AroundMyHorn

Originally Posted by fairlady_Z34
i own a 370 and love it. i drove a new corvette a few months ago and unless you get the upgraded suspension the 370 handles way better. sure the corvette has more power but everything isnt about straight line performance anymore
The 370 does not handle WAY better. Matter of fact, per the numbers they are about even. What the 370 does do better is it makes the driver feel more connected to the road and with that I totally agree.
AroundMyHorn

Originally Posted by blasian
The Z has no torque so you post a picture of an Evo?
LOL, talk about no torque.....
Old 07-15-2010, 09:18 AM
blasian

LOL, talk about no torque.....
I figured he was posting a picture of a torquey car before I saw the picture but now I'm just confused
Old 07-15-2010, 11:21 AM
fairlady_Z34

The 370 does not handle WAY better. Matter of fact, per the numbers they are about even. What the 370 does do better is it makes the driver feel more connected to the road and with that I totally agree.
yeah this is what i meant,
Old 07-15-2010, 01:32 PM
chris'smax

But hey, what can you expect when an 03-04 Z can be afforded by the grocery bagger at Albertsons?
you sound like a arrogant little b!tch.

Your piece of **** 370z will be dated in a couple of years. That will hopefully bring you back down to planet earth.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:35 PM
blasian

Originally Posted by chris'smax
you sound like a arrogant little b!tch.

Your piece of **** 370z will be dated in a couple of years. That will hopefully bring you back down to planet earth.
Who the hell is this guy
Old 07-15-2010, 01:44 PM
chris'smax

Who the hell is this guy
i am your worst fuggin nightmare son
Old 07-15-2010, 01:50 PM
blasian

Originally Posted by chris'smax
i am your worst fuggin nightmare son
You're right, I'm glad you live fawkin thousands of miles away
Old 07-15-2010, 02:44 PM
enigmadsm

Around, you make valid points. And I'd Def take the vette over the goat...and the styling is meh. But its a solid quality car. I know u can buy beaters n do motor swaps. I was just comparing similar year factory vehicles. The goat is hard to beat for the price.
Most c6s I see run re around 12.8-13.0. N goats I see running what you said. Regardless though I don't think either of us are bickering nearly as much as the rest of the thread. Just friendly debate n difference of opinion.

Speaking of power per dollar that's y I drive a kouki n not a Z car lol.

Oh and if the z06 can do such astonishing things around the ring there is no doubt that the vette chassis can be a handling machine! If I wasn't a blind import fool I too would agree with the majority n say vette for overall performance. But the z is. Newer car n feels a lil nicer. Even if its not quite as elite I'd still pick it...
Old 07-16-2010, 01:59 AM
zipgun

Who the hell is this guy
Can't ya tell? It's SeckZ of course.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:41 AM
Iceman007

Dude get tha Vette, that thing looks bad azz!!! Although I will say, Ive been looking at Vettes myself recently, and went to drive an 08 a couple weeks ago, when I got back into my 350 it felt so much better, it was weird, like ahhh back home, nice and relaxed! Even the gas peddle felt more responsive to me in my Z, but then there was alot of traffic when I was test driving so who knows. I did test drive a 370z that same day, it was actually quite comfortable compared to my 350, didnt seem as loud as a stock 350 I thought. If I was to get a 370 I would go with either the bright silver or black, since I currently have daytona blue, kinda want something more conservative so to speak lol. I would say go drive both, get on the gas, see how ya feel then decide. Ya cant go wrong either way, both are bad azz cars!!

Quick Reply: 09 370z or 05 Vette