Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

The Forum Wars: Season 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 08:12 PM
winters98gt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

double post.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:39 PM
zaperroni

Originally Posted by winters98gt
Hope you guys send a car! Looks like my friend will be running from stangnet. He has a stock 5.0GT with a 93 tune on it. Should be a good time for everybody!

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-foru...e-370z-tv.html
How about we send out a stock 2003 350z, and you send out a stock 2003 GT?
Old 12-02-2010, 09:20 PM
winters98gt

Originally Posted by zaperroni
How about we send out a stock 2003 350z, and you send out a stock 2003 GT?
Or you could send out a car against my 700hp c6.

We were caught off guard by this as well. Stangnet has no history of the "I'll drag your butt", "your car sucks", etc. like the ls1tech.com, import boards, etc. have.

The guys in Houston really like all cars, and the guy willing to race, (D98gt) is on the import boards in Houston.

Nobody really has any desire to send out cars that are getting close to a decade old. Modified, maybe, but it wouldn't make for good TV like the 5.0 and 370Z
Old 12-02-2010, 09:22 PM
ITOzann

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
His 350z was the one in the first show.....
Old 12-02-2010, 09:37 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

We were caught off guard by this as well. Stangnet has no history of the "I'll drag your butt", "your car sucks", etc. like the ls1tech.com, import boards, etc. have.

The guys in Houston really like all cars, and the guy willing to race, (D98gt) is on the import boards in Houston.

Nobody really has any desire to send out cars that are getting close to a decade old. Modified, maybe, but it wouldn't make for good TV like the 5.0 and 370Z
The reason we are so down on the whole thing is they misrepresented our forum on the first season. It makes us a bit skeptical to the selection process. None of the site admins or mods had any idea the first go around. The user selected had little posts at the time, and was not a "familiar" face to the community. Hopefully they will rectify this with the upcoming season. Also, the rules were so clearly undefined that it made a fair comparison unlikely.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:07 PM
winters98gt

The reason we are so down on the whole thing is they misrepresented our forum on the first season. It makes us a bit skeptical to the selection process. None of the site admins or mods had any idea the first go around. The user selected had little posts at the time, and was not a "familiar" face to the community. Hopefully they will rectify this with the upcoming season. Also, the rules were so clearly undefined that it made a fair comparison unlikely.
I completely agree with you, 100%. You can see that they asked me to race a viper, and I have no idea what rules, hp, tires are allowed. We all want to see a race, and of course, I want the mustang to win, but not because of something so one sided that it makes it not interesting. Especially since we will be driving out and watching this in person. I hope for a great race in all 3 events, and whoever wins, I hope it is fun for those watching.

Last edited by winters98gt; 12-02-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:03 PM
winters98gt

Anybody going to make this happen?

OP, forumwars, we haven't heard from you on stangnet either. Let us know asap. Time is money, people need to get there cars ready for an event like this.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:50 AM
bardabe

I completely agree with you, 100%. You can see that they asked me to race a viper, and I have no idea what rules, hp, tires are allowed. We all want to see a race, and of course, I want the mustang to win, but not because of something so one sided that it makes it not interesting. Especially since we will be driving out and watching this in person. I hope for a great race in all 3 events, and whoever wins, I hope it is fun for those watching.
that's highly unlikely. because A) if you don't win all the warriors will fire up their keyboards and explain the 217854673286569 reasons they would of won as opposed to all the effort you put in. and B) they will say they didn't have time or it was too far for them to participate.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:37 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by bardabe
that's highly unlikely. because A) if you don't win all the warriors will fire up their keyboards and explain the 217854673286569 reasons they would of won as opposed to all the effort you put in. and B) they will say they didn't have time or it was too far for them to participate.

We heard you before....just continue to solicit business on here without becoming a sponsor and simmer down.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:12 AM
Zian

Back on topic to THIS season--

Another +1 for a GTM car.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:26 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

We heard you before....just continue to solicit business on here without becoming a sponsor and simmer down.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:16 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Zian
Back on topic to THIS season--

Another +1 for a GTM car.
GTM would be a good choice for the car, but who will drive? We need "forum wars" to come through with some set of guidelines/rules to follow. Otherwise it has all the makings of a silly challenge yet again.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:30 PM
winters98gt

GTM would be a good choice for the car, but who will drive? We need "forum wars" to come through with some set of guidelines/rules to follow. Otherwise it has all the makings of a silly challenge yet again.
I agree. And thank you for the PM.

Just watched the Forum wars, and it doesn't really seem like there are any standards. I have no idea of the guy in the sn197. But his 1/8 mile sucked *** on the Mustang, and so did the 350Z. Then the mustang guy comments on his hoosier tires on his lap time(and brakes, not sure if stock) in the next race. Not sure what the Z was running, but that isn't a fair race on the course if the Z isn't running comparable tires/brakes. Both cars had stickers all over them, who knows what mods/susp. each car had.

Thought it was a cool idea, and offered up my 650hp C6. They wanted to race a viper with me(were looking for a fast Z06 or ZR1), but I probably wouldn't do it after watching the video and getting the PM from 03threefiftyz. I have a stock, non z51(optional handling package) 08 vette. I can't keep up with a ZR1 except for a strait line. You can take a built 400hp mustang and spank my 650 vette in the 1/8, and road course if set up correctly with full suspension. I can see why you guys don't want to participate. I've got a stock c6 with a blower, no headers/cams/heads/suspension/gears, etc. Who knows what the viper will have. We need some clarification on the mods of the 2 cars in any of these races.

Also, Royal Purpal just bought out, or bought the rights to our racetrack, Houston Raceway Park. They are probably eager to get another race since they now have their name on the track.

Hope you guys can come up with a car to race, but if not, I think it is understandable. No way I would race without somebody making this a fair race.

Last edited by winters98gt; 12-06-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

the camaro forum is well represented. I hope the Z forum has a strong contender as well!
Old 12-09-2010, 02:01 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is he on Houston-Imports.com? What is his s/n?

I might have to go watch this in person (If that is allowed ) with some other buddies here in Houston that are also on this board.

By the way, i know what your talking about when you dog on the import forum (I assume you mean H-I). That forum is horrible, ive never posted there once and your right its infested with retarded little kids with Honda's that try to street race everything that moves and talk chit like Jersey kids. Gives all of us a bad name.

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 12-09-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:19 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Also, Royal Purpal just bought out, or bought the rights to our racetrack, Houston Raceway Park. They are probably eager to get another race since they now have their name on the track.

Hope you guys can come up with a car to race, but if not, I think it is understandable. No way I would race without somebody making this a fair race.

Oh, so royal purple bought out the rights to the track in Baytown? How long ago was this?

Im sure Baker Tuning ( of Baker Nissan) could supply a sick car AND driver, ill have to talk to them about this.

If you go to this, ill see ya out there
Old 12-10-2010, 01:18 AM
winters98gt

Yes, RP did buy out the name to HRP. Have you been out there lately? The large trash cans around the track already have Royal Purple on them. If you drive from the west, like I do, on I-10, the exit sign is no longer "Houston Raceway Park", but just "Raceway Park".

GeauxLadyZ, I understand the frustration with the cars in the last forum race. There are no rules, not trials that were posted. It was basically a joke.

Stangnet has some seriously fast rides. We have a 9 second 5.0 from Houston that was my tuner when I owned mustangs. But nobody is looking for shop cars. I can guarantee you that D98gt, has a stock car with a 93 tune. No susp, intake, exhaust, etc. He is my personal friend, and a LEO. He is not a professional driver, by any stretch, and has no race track training from a school. But, he sure can drive the heck out of his car. Better be on your A-game in a race against him.

Like I said, Forumwars needs to publicly disclose the details on this match.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:14 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Yes, RP did buy out the name to HRP. Have you been out there lately? The large trash cans around the track already have Royal Purple on them. If you drive from the west, like I do, on I-10, the exit sign is no longer "Houston Raceway Park", but just "Raceway Park".

GeauxLadyZ, I understand the frustration with the cars in the last forum race. There are no rules, not trials that were posted. It was basically a joke.

Stangnet has some seriously fast rides. We have a 9 second 5.0 from Houston that was my tuner when I owned mustangs. But nobody is looking for shop cars. I can guarantee you that D98gt, has a stock car with a 93 tune. No susp, intake, exhaust, etc. He is my personal friend, and a LEO. He is not a professional driver, by any stretch, and has no race track training from a school. But, he sure can drive the heck out of his car. Better be on your A-game in a race against him.

Like I said, Forumwars needs to publicly disclose the details on this match.

Ya i didnt even know about the season 1. Never saw it and didnt read the thread on here about it, but i might today because it looks like it may be a funny read. Maybe the season 1 episodes are on youtube?

Anyway, i dont track my Z, its purely a show car so the last time i was out there was, i think, the last Import Face-Off show that was here. That was many months ago.

I wish they had some type of voting thing on this. Have your heard anything on any other forums since this was posted? Rules? Possible driver choices? I talked to some friends last night and we def going to this, though, to spectate of course.

I dont know about 370's, but we have some insanely FAST 350's on here and some damn good drivers. One of our mod's 350 on here was chosen to represent Super Street magazine in last years Castrol Top Car challenge. But that competition differed slightly from this one.

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 12-10-2010 at 06:18 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:12 AM
theDreamer

I know almost all the 370z in Houston, I can tell you none are in the 9s or even close.
The best 370z 1/4 mile has been Florida with all bolt ons and street tires (RE11) running a 12.4 I believe. Not much of an equal race in that aspect of comparison.

A road course would be an interesting race, but considering the new 5.0L kept up with a new BMW M3 around the track it is not really playing in the odds of a Z or 'fair' race.

I would be more than glad to come out and spectate for some fun, but from what I have gathered not many Houston Z guys really see it as something they want to do. Especially after the first season and how interesting it turned out to be.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:02 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Well then you should know that guy with the GTM Supercharger (Dark grey 370) and i believe another white one with either a single turbo or twins, cant remember.

Both were done by Baker tuning iirc. I know the guy personally with the SC 370 but i havent seen him or spoke in a while.

Quick Reply: The Forum Wars: Season 2