Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Ordering a Z

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 02:14 PM
Silver350ZAZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering a Z

I am looking to get a couple details from someone who ordered a Z. I just ordered a Z and I want to make sure the dealer is doing EVERYTHING they are supposed to be doing.

Specifically:

1) Order Document - What documentation did the dealer provide you once the order was placed? How long did it take to get this documentation? How detailed was it?

2) How ling did it take to get a VIN#

3) What kind of updates did the dealer provide during the entire process?

Thanks
Old 01-02-2005, 03:02 PM
ohw

1) You should have a signed contract with details like: full price, options, color, and any conditions. You should have signed this and received a copy when you put down a deposit to order the car. This is a similar doc as when you buy a car, the difference is you only pay a deposit - not the full amount, and you don't get to drive the car home, yet. I normally have a clause in it also to subject the whole deal to final test drive.
2) Mine took about 2 months to get the VIN.
3) When they get an update from Nissan. After the order was placed, the next thing I heard was when the VIN was assigned, meaning the car is made and ready to be shipped. You can always call them and ask, I did.

Warning: The wait is painfully long. Gives you time to pick out a CD to bring with you to drive the baby home. I also brought a camera.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Silver350ZAZ

Originally posted by ohw
1) You should have a signed contract with details like: full price, options, color, and any conditions. You should have signed this and received a copy when you put down a deposit to order the car. This is a similar doc as when you buy a car, the difference is you only pay a deposit - not the full amount, and you don't get to drive the car home, yet. I normally have a clause in it also to subject the whole deal to final test drive.
2) Mine took about 2 months to get the VIN.
3) When they get an update from Nissan. After the order was placed, the next thing I heard was when the VIN was assigned, meaning the car is made and ready to be shipped. You can always call them and ask, I did.

Warning: The wait is painfully long. Gives you time to pick out a CD to bring with you to drive the baby home. I also brought a camera.
Thanks.
I did sign a regular agreement listing ALL the terms of the sale; price, options, conditions, etc. Gave a $500 deposit.

Covered myself on the financing too, with a term on the agreement that states I can bring in my own bank check from CapitalOne and not be charged any additional fees.

Many of the dealers like to make additional money when it comes to the financing. I saw to it that wasn't going to happen to me.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:57 PM
ohw

Sounds like you are set. What did you order? Other things to consider while you're waiting:

Clear bra - I made an appointment to have it install the day after delivery. It covers the front bumper, 1/2 of the hood, the mirrors, bottom of the doors and bottom of rear fender behind the rear wheel.

Extended warranty - the dealer is likely to offer you a package, to make more money from you. Some people don't think it is required or too expensive. It's like buying insurance. I chose to buy a 7 year package because of the retractable top. This is offered directly by Nissan, and I intend to keep the car for a long time.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:26 AM
Silver350ZAZ

Originally posted by ohw
Sounds like you are set. What did you order? Other things to consider while you're waiting:

Clear bra - I made an appointment to have it install the day after delivery. It covers the front bumper, 1/2 of the hood, the mirrors, bottom of the doors and bottom of rear fender behind the rear wheel.

Extended warranty - the dealer is likely to offer you a package, to make more money from you. Some people don't think it is required or too expensive. It's like buying insurance. I chose to buy a 7 year package because of the retractable top. This is offered directly by Nissan, and I intend to keep the car for a long time.
Chrome Silver with Frost Interior, 18" Wheels

Clear Bra sounds like a good idea. How much was it? How much does it actually show?

I never keep a car past the 36k factory warranty period.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:29 PM
ohw

CS w/ frost looks very nice. It was one of my final choices too. Congrat.

Clear bra price is different in the US than Canada. I saw people posted here for around US$600. May be others in US can give you a better idea.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:32 AM
tnkrstoyco

When I ordered my 35th, all I did was tell them to get it. After getting the price set. I put down $2000. Some reason the order was kicked the middle of November and reset the 1st of December, the delivery moved from February 18th to the first of March. In November there was a 110 day lead, don't know what it is now. Saw the order confirmation last tuesday, but no VIN as yet. If they try to pull some shady stuff they can stick the car, although usually my word is good enough for the Dealership. I'm paying $500 over invoice on it.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:02 PM
Silver350ZAZ

Originally posted by tnkrstoyco
When I ordered my 35th, all I did was tell them to get it. After getting the price set. I put down $2000. Some reason the order was kicked the middle of November and reset the 1st of December, the delivery moved from February 18th to the first of March. In November there was a 110 day lead, don't know what it is now. Saw the order confirmation last tuesday, but no VIN as yet. If they try to pull some shady stuff they can stick the car, although usually my word is good enough for the Dealership. I'm paying $500 over invoice on it.
What type of information is on this "Order Confirmation"?

I want to make sure they order my car EXACTLY as stated on the Agreement I signed.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:21 PM
tnkrstoyco

It was a list of units for the particular dealership, it had a sequence of codes and either stock for dealer or the persons name and information. They had my POBox wrong and contact number but it was my order. Had my name on it. Like I said if it isn't right they can stick the car. I've had 7 cars from this dealer and still have 3 of them. We had a roe a year ago about damages to my 95 240sx while on their lot, but they generaly do what they say for me.
I've got all the info used to order from and the agreed on price, if they vary we'll go round don't think they will with the down payment and what I've already paid toward the car. It should be paid for by the time it arrives. Also told them I want 4 keys to the car, wasn't part of the deal and I told them I'd go ahead and pay for them if they couldn't afford it. It is supposed to have everything except Nav and Sat radio.