Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

evo 8 or z..

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 10:22 AM
mahont

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Posting on this site coulda been the worst decision you made to influence you. Nobody on here likes young drivers behind the wheel of anything with a little bit of power. I'm not ripping anybody but its true. Yes safety and all that matters but you are the only one that knows if you can handle it. If you can, then make your decision. The Z is hot as hell and everybody loves it. The Mitsu is either a love-it or hate-it type car. If you do decide to not pick up either an EVO or 350Z, I would suggest something slightly cheaper but not all that slow so you can have fun modding and working on it. The new Acura RSX Type-S's are slick lookin' cars that you could have a lot of fun modding.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:39 AM
YBLegal

Originally Posted by mahont
Posting on this site coulda been the worst decision you made to influence you. Nobody on here likes young drivers behind the wheel of anything with a little bit of power. I'm not ripping anybody but its true. Yes safety and all that matters but you are the only one that knows if you can handle it. If you can, then make your decision. The Z is hot as hell and everybody loves it. The Mitsu is either a love-it or hate-it type car. If you do decide to not pick up either an EVO or 350Z, I would suggest something slightly cheaper but not all that slow so you can have fun modding and working on it. The new Acura RSX Type-S's are slick lookin' cars that you could have a lot of fun modding.
What i was going to Say~
so true
Old 01-25-2006, 11:03 AM
Built2shredZ

Originally Posted by EVOL 8
You guys crack me up with this whole z vs evo argument. Time and time again I hear how "ugly" the evo is. Do you want to drive a sports car that outperforms everything in its class or whine about styling? As far as maintenance, don't believe the horror stories. I have 50 K on mine with not one problem. Sure, the Advans that come on the wheels from the factory wear fast...although mine made it almost 25K. Brembo pads wearing at around 45K. Just because a car outperforms the Z and doesn't fit you, doesn't mean ****...Don't hate just because it's not "oh so sexy" like the Z. I thought we were car freaks here? Performance lovers?
It's all about priorities, with me its always been about balance between the following 3 things

1) Style
2) Handling
3) Power

Far as all out speed goes its useless here in the states unless

1) you go to the track all the time
2) illegally streat race
3) or just like having bragging rights about a fast car you don't actually drive fast.

I can appreciate the performance #'s on the Evo just like I would with a old lime green Pinto with a huge @ss turbo on it.... Does not mean I would buy the car.

Anyway you cut it the Evo 8 is a fast car with a ricey looking encono car apperance on the outside.... If all you used the Evo 8 for was racing at the track then I would careless about the looks of the car, but for my everyday driving around car the appearance of the car does matter to me, more so then having a car thats 0.7' faster to 0-60...

but thats just my opinion....
Old 01-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Vick781

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Built2shredZ
It's all about priorities, with me its always been about balance between the following 3 things

1) Style
2) Handling
3) Power

Far as all out speed goes its useless here in the states unless

1) you go to the track all the time
2) illegally streat race
3) or just like having bragging rights about a fast car you don't actually drive fast.

I can appreciate the performance #'s on the Evo just like I would with a old lime green Pinto with a huge @ss turbo on it.... Does not mean I would buy the car.

Anyway you cut it the Evo 8 is a fast car with a ricey looking encono car apperance on the outside.... If all you used the Evo 8 for was racing at the track then I would careless about the looks of the car, but for my everyday driving around car the appearance of the car does matter to me, more so then having a car thats 0.7' faster to 0-60...

but thats just my opinion....

I strongly Agree.

I would not like to be seen coming out of a evo 8 with a tie on.